test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change Character Delay - Change Now button removed

rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
Is there a reason for this? Sure, it's "only" (still annoying when I want to quickly log into all characters and invoke/flip professions since there STILL isn't a "collect and repeat" much less a "collect and repeat all" option for professions) 15 seconds but why remove a useful convenience feature?

Please do not remove this from the game.
The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

Post edited by rabbinicus on

Comments

• fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Is there a reason for this? Sure, it's "only" (still annoying when I want to quickly log into all characters and invoke/flip professions since there STILL isn't a "collect and repeat" much less a "collect and repeat all" option for professions) 15 seconds but why remove a useful convenience feature?

Really? They removed the "Change Now" button? That's bad. That's eight minutes of wasted time with my 32 characters... (and 24 minutes when wanting to pray three times a day) :-(

Maybe they listened to the PVPers complaining about people using it to escape open world PVP.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This appears to be a duplicate thread, so here's my duplicate reply:

I don't know if it's related but there is a change character bug:

If you allow it to count down the full 15 seconds the character select screen will have the character you just used selected (as it should be) - but if you click the "Change Now" button the character you played previously is selected (which can make it confusing if you;re going down the lost on your ritual Invoking paradigm). So I often just let it count-down.

IF they have removed the "Change Now" button then I suspect it has something to do with this? I don't know. But I can see PvP Balers being highly annoyed, and hence a great idea. If that were the case, anyway.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IF they have removed the "Change Now" button then I suspect it has something to do with this? I don't know. But I can see PvP Balers being highly annoyed, and hence a great idea. If that were the case, anyway.

Never bailed on PvP, but I often do have limited time and want to cycle through characters very quickly. So this is aterrible idea and very inconvenient.

• naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, please bring the option back. I needed to change characters on preview and it was already annoying doing it twice. I have ten characters on live. If I have to waste two and a half minutes each time I do an invoke pass, I'm going to be very annoyed.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hope this is a bug or something like that.
    edited July 2014
    Never bailed on PvP, but I often do have limited time and want to cycle through characters very quickly. So this is aterrible idea and very inconvenient.

I understand.
    However unfortunate it is, the exploiters always affect the game enough that changes are made that annoy/inconvenience the honest players. It's often the same with everything: DVD movies: forcing you to sit through useless non-related commercial before the movie starts; software with an "unlock key" that does NOTHING to thwart piracy, and the list goes on.

So much for Spock's wisdom of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". It's always the few who ruin it for the many.

//frown
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    However unfortunate it is, the exploiters always affect the game enough that changes are made that annoy/inconvenience the honest players.

This is hardly an exploit. If I want to get away from PVP I can still press ALT+F4. Problem solved. Also, if they added this due to PVP they could have done it while one is flagged for PVP.

This change just sucks.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If it has been removed due to people bailing from pvp then they should have left the button in and made it so you cannot activate it while in combat or flagged for pvp or whatever , removing it is a terrible idea.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited July 2014
    This is hardly an exploit. If I want to get away from PVP I can still press ALT+F4. Problem solved. Also, if they added this due to PVP they could have done it while one is flagged for PVP.

This change just sucks.

It's not an exploit proper, but can be used as one: players exiting the arena to avoid losing, whatnot. Adding a penalty for that is fine by me (15 seconds to change character is still less time than pressing alt-f4 and relaunching the game). I consider breaking the intended rules is an exploit (you are exploiting the breaking of rules). If you want to split hairs on definitions of words and such, fine. Have it your way. You go ahead and keep tapping ALT-F4 all you want.

I don't do PvP (I am drama-averse) - so I'm not a fan and I don't like the idea either. But this is what I mean when I say the "exploiters" ruin it for the rest of us, meaning to say the ones who don't play by the rules ruin it for everyone else who do play by the rules. You can rebut my statement, but it doesn't change the fact that it's fact, and I know you know the point I am trying to make.

There is no debate. However, I invite anyone to counter my comments and you have my permission to take the last word on it. Because: There is no debate. LOL
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It can't be because of pvp leaving, that would make no sense at all. I mean, if I want to leave, those 15 sec are meaningless (even if not comparing it to 30 min penalty).
    I still hope it is a bug.
    edited July 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    It can't be because of pvp leaving, that would make no sense at all. I mean, if I want to leave, those 15 sec are meaningless (even if not comparing it to 30 min penalty).
    I still hope it is a bug.

Exactly - which is why I mentioned the Change-Character bug in my first comment. Either way, who besides the Devs really know? LOL
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014

I do not believe this was intentional and have filed an internal ticket for someone to investigate. Thanks!
    edited July 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    I do not believe this was intentional and have filed an internal ticket for someone to investigate. Thanks!

Oh sweet! , thanks for the update.
    edited July 2014

Thanks, I appreciate the rapid response! :)

• muvazmuvaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I cannot thank you enough, kind sir.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    If it has been removed due to people bailing from pvp then they should have left the button in and made it so you cannot activate it while in combat or flagged for pvp or whatever , removing it is a terrible idea.

I've been given an error before that I cannot change character while "in combat" (kept bumping into combat mode because I was afflicted by poison from drinking an unstable potion, haha). That already seems to exist!
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited July 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    I've been given an error before that I cannot change character while "in combat" (kept bumping into combat mode because I was afflicted by poison from drinking an unstable potion, haha). That already seems to exist!

oh I never noticed , I always log off in Protectors enclave or Caer konig
    edited July 2014
    FYI, still don't have a "change now" option as of the latest build on Preview. :(

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I assume it goes live? With 13 characters on the same account (plus warlock) it'll take a little bit lot of time. Hope "change character" into "log out" feature stays as it is.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    So I assume it goes live? With 13 characters on the same account (plus warlock) it'll take a little bit lot of time. Hope "change character" into "log out" feature stays as it is.

The button is now there on Preview, so it seems to be fixed.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The button is now there on Preview, so it seems to be fixed.

Thx, I was misinformed then that this is still a thing :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz