test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why people buy AD from 3rd party sites

nokehnokeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Because the AD/Zen exchange has been broken for 2 months. GG

FIX IT.
Post edited by nokeh on

Comments

• harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They can't without a hard reset of all the AD and Zen that's currently on offer. This is a player made situation, not a bug.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nokeh wrote: »

FIX IT.
    Broken? works verywell if you buy ZEN from PWE and then exchange them for ADs.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dream scenario for Cryptic/Perfect World. User-created exchange blockage. NICE.

@OP (Nokeh) - if you want Zen Points quickly you should buy it from Perfect World, but that takes cash.

When you exchange Astral Diamonds for Zen Point you are "buying" Zen from *other players*, NOT from perfect World. Therefore, you must rely on other players willing to sell the Zen they purchased with cash (or traded for with AD previously) to sell it to you, or use it themselves. Currently there are more Zen owners wanting to use it themselves rather than trade it to you for AD.

The reason there is a 500/1 cap is because without it the rate would skyrocket to 1000/1 or even 5000/1 - then you'd be complaining about the exchange rate and demanding the Dev "fix it" because you're not willing to trade at that rate.

TL;DR: You want Zen: post your sell offer and be patient -OR- Spend the cash to buy it from the source.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nokeh wrote: »

FIX IT.

Given the ADX rate is a player-driven economy, I'm curious what you feel is actually "broken" and how, in your opinion, Cryptic would go about "fixing it?"
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Apparently there's an opinion that Cryptic needs dump in 5 million Zen or something into the exchange for free to lower the prices automatically.

I.... don't think that's exactly a solution.

It'd be better if players took down all their own listings requesting Zen to be at top price. Post it down at 496 AD per zen, and have a little patience. It'll get lower.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it is logical that they do not support those who sell AD / ZEN cheaper than them! this is obvious and one for Cryptic is much better than the ZAX keep broken! just thinking.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why people buy from third party sites is not an appropriate discussion for this forum. Please be aware that buying from any third party site can not only compromise your account security as well as that of your PC, but is also a violation of Terms of Service and can result in your account being banned.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.