test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old Character Face option return?

concodconcod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
I haven't played for a while and have decided to try playing again. I thought I would make another character to try out, but to my horror, the faces have been changed, and not for the better (in my opinion).

I don't know if they have been added back, in Mod 4, perhaps those of you who do play on the test server can answer this for me.

Are the old/original face option added back in the game, to choose from on character creation?

If not then I have a suggestion.

I suggest keeping those new faces in as they are now (for those who enjoy them) and adding the old/original face options back in, for the players who prefer them over the newer look.
Post edited by concod on

Comments

• naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There's been quite a number of complaints about this since the new faces first went up on preview along with the mod 3 testing. There's been absolutely 0 dev response.

There are many theories bandied about, the most common and most likely being that it's to match the(horrible) 5E art style(in a 4E-based game, joy), but the fact of the matter remains that we have no idea why this still-buggy system is in place when nobody was asking for it, why the old options have been removed entirely(Including a few hair styles that have vanished forever - Long draped, we knew you well), and if they'll ever come back.

But given the lack of any official response or acknowledgement, it's safe to say that you're going to have to use the new system, horrid as it is.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, time that would've been better spent fixing practically anything else...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Yeah the new faces are horrible lol, im glad i made my char before the update happend because i would keep my helmet on all the time with a face like that.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I swear they changed some of the bodies too, as my OCD is noticing clipping that did not exist before.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The girl faces look like cute actually. The guy faces look like girls...

>.>
    >.>>>>>>>>
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Only that every girl looks like a girl. 12 years old at best. Or a mouse.
    I won't even comment on males.
    Or maybe... I can't resist. Everybody knows the faces are bad, but the hair is even worse. They look like 80. rock band, yuck.
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    At least it's not Tera.... or is that the new design goal?
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gabryel wrote: »
    At least it's not Tera.... or is that the new design goal?

Who knows. It is however obvious they are inspired by anime.