test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How about a new difficulty mode beyond epic

germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
Since a lot of people in the community that have been here since beta and have at least one 14k+ GS character are complaining about Power creep, how about releasing a new difficulty mode for Dungeons- call it Legendary or Hell or Hero Mode (or Super-Awesome or Insane Only..whatever you prefer). Put it on a daily cool-down and with actual T3 drops (not impressed with the Black Ice set..sorry). This would keep the epic heroes happy as well as those that have legendary status on these forums :p

Apologies if this has already been discussed (I'd be surprised if it has not..but I could not find a thread with the search parameters used) OR if it is already in development (lets get a sneak preview in that case)
Post edited by germmaniac on

Comments

• Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    germmaniac wrote: »
    Since a lot of people in the community that have been here since beta and have at least one 14k+ GS character are complaining about Power creep, how about releasing a new difficulty mode for Dungeons- call it Legendary or Hell or Hero Mode (or Super-Awesome or Insane Only..whatever you prefer). Put it on a daily cool-down and with actual T3 drops (not impressed with the Black Ice set..sorry). This would keep the epic heroes happy as well as those that have legendary status on these forums :p

Apologies if this has already been discussed (I'd be surprised if it has not..but I could not find a thread with the search parameters used) OR if it is already in development (lets get a sneak preview in that case)

These kind of ideas just make the huge payers and people who have been playing the game longer have a massive advantage over the newer or weaker players in every way. players who don't spend a lot or don't have time to be on 24-7 will not be able to compete against players with t3 gear in pvp or in dungeons most other players wont be wanted.

The black ice set is also really good, not sure why you don't like it. Everyone can get it but just needs time and that's fair to all kinds of players plus you need to keep empowering it so its not just already an OP set, it requires maintenance so i guess its balanced where as if they just added t3 gear then all other gear in the game would becomes pointless....

But as for harder dungeons that is a good idea just dont like the idea of the t3 stuff sorry :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    These kind of ideas just make the huge payers and people who have been playing the game longer have a massive advantage over the newer or weaker players in every way. players who don't spend a lot or don't have time to be on 24-7 will not be able to compete against players with t3 gear in pvp or in dungeons most other players wont be wanted.

The black ice set is also really good, not sure why you don't like it. Everyone can get it but just needs time and that's fair to all kinds of players plus you need to keep empowering it so its not just already an OP set, it requires maintenance so i guess its balanced where as if they just added t3 gear then all other gear in the game would becomes pointless....

But as for harder dungeons that is a good idea just dont like the idea of the t3 stuff sorry :)

Strange that all posts get converted into a PvP balance thread these days (and why would u be competing in a dungeon..you are supposed to work together..not against each other). The Black Ice set which is T3, is still not as good as Profound (at least from most of the comments I see here on the forums). Considering they have not given any indication of raising level caps, I was merely suggesting a way of progression other than the endless grind of dailies. Besides, older and to some extent paying players will always have an advantage in terms of money and gear accumulated, experience and boons.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Personally, I wish they would add a new farmable end game dungeon.
    Only farmable dungeon in the game has been there since closed beta. 2 new modules released, 2 quick run dungeons (neither of which is worth farming since they consistently drop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>), and still no farmable dungeon for a dungeon crawl even after they threw around 3k GS at us in order to bolster their Zen sales.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd be for this. New gear is very needed. We've been using the same t2 or even t1 gear in the case of DCs for a while and this would give us a reason to do the old content still. Though I disagree with limiting the t3 drops per day.

New (viable) content, old revamped content. Do whatever. Just give us some reason to keep playing.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Personally, I wish they would add a new farmable end game dungeon.
    Only farmable dungeon in the game has been there since closed beta. 2 new modules released, 2 quick run dungeons (neither of which is worth farming since they consistently drop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>), and still no farmable dungeon for a dungeon crawl even after they threw around 3k GS at us in order to bolster their Zen sales.

Since I am suggesting a new difficulty mode to existing dungeons beyond epic, I was hoping they would be farmable as well. However, I would still prefer some sort of a cool down so that it does not get as farmable as existing T2s and the market gets flooded with the equipment.
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like to see 2-man epics. I imagine it could be easily added and would provide some challenging game play.

As for Legendary dungeons, I can't imagine some extra health or harding hitting mobs being much of an increase in challenge. Anyone who has been farming these dungeons for months on end now has the strategy down and would likely get through it just as easily, if only a little longer. Providing players with Tier 3 gear for completing said dungeons would only lead to a couple of weeks of farming and then we're back at square one.

Real T3 is needed, but it has to be fresh dungeons with new mechanics.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Yup...

I made a thread about this a few times.

MY SUGGESTION:
    Re-work the existing T1 dungeons into T3 dungeons. (BTW I also agree BI gear is really sub par to Profound - for GFs and GWFs IMO)
    These can either be tougher 5 mans, or IMO 10 mans would be really cool.

To the person saying this would create a bigger divide, not only do I say "so what" I also say that going from T2 -> T3 really isnt that big a difference. Look at the stat difference in gear from T1->T2->T2.5 the STATS on the gear themselves is VERY small difference, also people are SO hard into dim returns that it honestly wont make much a difference.

Basically the same as an all R9 players versus a R10, it really makes little difference.

So, Im ALL for it, a MUCH harder version of existing stuff, doesnt even require alot of effort. This gives Veteran players something to do and farm for.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    great awesome idea but for Cryptic is more easy nerf all classes random
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bah, the loot can be "reinforced version" of the same sets. something like more 50/100 points in relation to the "original set".

dungeons can be the same with enemies lvl 80 ... or 100.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Strange that all posts get converted into a PvP balance thread these days (and why would u be competing in a dungeon..you are supposed to work together..not against each other). The Black Ice set which is T3, is still not as good as Profound (at least from most of the comments I see here on the forums). Considering they have not given any indication of raising level caps, I was merely suggesting a way of progression other than the endless grind of dailies. Besides, older and to some extent paying players will always have an advantage in terms of money and gear accumulated, experience and boons.

Because it wouldnt work how you say. the top players would do it with each other, why would they take a weak player in ? many people would be left out and it would make all other sets in the game pointless.

Also black ice set is way better than pvp set, i have full profound set but use the ice set instead because its the best.

I would love new dungeons and stuff i just think t3 gear would be a bad idea for the reasons i gave.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The black Ice gear gives me a better gear score, but it's short on the important stats like power, and the set bonuses aren't as good as T2.

I'd love the idea of legendary versions of dungeons. The current dungeons are boring, and mod 3 didn't even have a dungeon, so I have no confidence that mod 4 will be much good.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Yup...

I made a thread about this a few times.
    And I hope the devs are reading :)
    MY SUGGESTION:
    Re-work the existing T1 dungeons into T3 dungeons. (BTW I also agree BI gear is really sub par to Profound - for GFs and GWFs IMO)
    These can either be tougher 5 mans, or IMO 10 mans would be really cool.
    I'd love a 10 man raid. However, I'd like them to be different from current epic dungeons (both in terms of content and mechanics).
    To the person saying this would create a bigger divide, not only do I say "so what" I also say that going from T2 -> T3 really isnt that big a difference. Look at the stat difference in gear from T1->T2->T2.5 the STATS on the gear themselves is VERY small difference, also people are SO hard into dim returns that it honestly wont make much a difference.

Basically the same as an all R9 players versus a R10, it really makes little difference.

So, Im ALL for it, a MUCH harder version of existing stuff, doesnt even require alot of effort. This gives Veteran players something to do and farm for.

My points exactly. Thanks for adding :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Because it wouldnt work how you say. the top players would do it with each other, why would they take a weak player in ? many people would be left out and it would make all other sets in the game pointless.

Also black ice set is way better than pvp set, i have full profound set but use the ice set instead because its the best.

I would love new dungeons and stuff i just think t3 gear would be a bad idea for the reasons i gave.

There are plenty of friendly guilds in addition to the Legit community that are more than willing to include lesser geared players in their groups.

And the idea of the T3 gear is not just to make current content easier. It is to prepare us for future zones and dungeons with increased difficulty levels as well as a raise in level caps.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Also, the idea of a higher difficulty mode to current set of epic dungeons is not just in terms of health bars of the mobs/bosses. It would also allow reworking the dungeons in terms of mechanics. Less add waves, possibly more mini-bosses that require better strategy within the zone. Imagine you are in a portion of a T2 that you have run a zillion times already..a portal opens and out pops a mini-boss. If you do not close the portal and kill the mini-boss within a set timer, you are penalized..either with debuffs or with more adds at the final boss. Just a random idea..feel free to add yours.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hquadros wrote: »
    great awesome idea but for Cryptic is more easy nerf all classes random

What you dont want to spend 50% more time grinding dailies, cryptic thinks we should =P..
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would be cool to redo the entire campaign on epic difficulties. Though some of those bosses would be pure madness to solo when they do 5x more damage.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Would be cool to redo the entire campaign on epic difficulties. Though some of those bosses would be pure madness to solo when they do 5x more damage.

No freakin way am I touching Sharandar again...Three characters worth of that grind. As excited as I am about the Warlock, just he thought of that daily Campaign puts me off. And to repeat it, on epic..thanks for killing my idea :p