test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why can't Tanks PvP?

silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So how do you go about getting the developers and suits to tell the devs to make Tanks more viable in pvp? I really hate how we can be used as tanks in PvE but not in PvP. Case in points I can't block or defend very well against other class damage and other classes can stay alive much much longer and take a greater beating to mitigate the damage. I've been using Envy's DPS/PvP tank spec but it's just not enough damage to be viable and would rather be a defensive tank anyways in pvp.

- Dinkie aka Dragon Meat Shield and also now a sissy lala in pvp verse any 12 year old girl playing any range or rogue class. =(
Post edited by silverlead on

Comments

• crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    silverlead wrote: »
    So how do you go about getting the developers and suits to tell the devs to make Tanks more viable in pvp? I really hate how we can be used as tanks in PvE but not in PvP. Case in points I can't block or defend very well against other class damage and other classes can stay alive much much longer and take a greater beating to mitigate the damage. I've been using Envy's DPS/PvP tank spec but it's just not enough damage to be viable and would rather be a defensive tank anyways in pvp.

- Dinkie aka Dragon Meat Shield and also now a sissy lala in pvp verse any 12 year old girl playing any range or rogue class. =(

wow bro envys spec is very old now and guardian fighters dont really have much defence, i have tried full protector and full conqueror and conq is way better i get so many kills and not that many deaths because i can prone enemies and kill them fast. I have made a pvp guide for the guardian fighter on the forums, check it out for a few tips but if you want to be a full tank protector type then i would say go for as much hp as possible and your role wont be to get many kills but it could still be fun to play.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The team with the most tanks wins.
  • silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2014
    Crix can ya link your guide for me?
  • silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2014
    Doh I found it.
    I have not fully read it but it would be awesome if you could post pics of your powers and specs as well as how you have your skill/action bar set up.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    silverlead wrote: »
    Doh I found it.
    I have not fully read it but it would be awesome if you could post pics of your powers and specs as well as how you have your skill/action bar set up.

The guide i posted was about all the powers that i find useful in pvp thats why a lot of them arent mentioned.

http://prntscr.com/3wxdwc

i can link my boons too if that helps but i give most of the info on the guide and there is a link to my feat path there too also the best ways of fighting each class and if you have any questions im in game a lot so just send me a mail and i will answer when i can :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]