Comments

• Options
    zeroshiki7zeroshiki7 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    same here on my amd fx 8320
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if when Mod4 goes live will we be able to connect at all?
  • Options
    dethtarddethtard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have opened a support ticket on this letting them know that this seems to only be happening with AMD processors and our concerns with Mod4 coming out. I also included some of my dxdiag. Hopefully they will get back to us and let us know if they are aware of this issue and are working on it.
  • Options
    wtfsrslylolwtfsrslylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    dethtard wrote: »
    I have opened a support ticket on this letting them know that this seems to only be happening with AMD processors and our concerns with Mod4 coming out. I also included some of my dxdiag. Hopefully they will get back to us and let us know if they are aware of this issue and are working on it.

Well, a staff member has replied to a thread where this was stated, and while not noting specifically what was said, they did acknowledge the person who said it as having come across the persons error before so it should be a known issue by this point.. dare say one of high priority for them to fix as they can't launch the mod with such a crippling bug.. Okay.. well they could, but the people who have money to throw on high end gaming machines are the ones who are most likely to throw money at the cash shop, so it would be ill advised for them to do such a thing.
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Got it working !!!!!!
    Here is the thing. in order to play on preview on 8xx series amd cpus, u need to enter on BIOS SETUP (HIT DEL WHEN COMPUTER STARTS then go to BIOS SETTINGS, go to cpu core functios. put it manualy selected, defoult is "AUTO", THEN DISABLE CORES 4~8, YOUR PROCESSOR'LL HAVE ONLY 4 CORES AND NEVERWINTER PREVIEW WILL WORK VERY WELL.
    Sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    ewdonewdon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    Got it working !!!!!!
    Here is the thing. in order to play on preview on 8xx series amd cpus, u need to enter on BIOS SETUP (HIT DEL WHEN COMPUTER STARTS then go to BIOS SETTINGS, go to cpu core functios. put it manualy selected, defoult is "AUTO", THEN DISABLE CORES 4~8, YOUR PROCESSOR'LL HAVE ONLY 4 CORES AND NEVERWINTER PREVIEW WILL WORK VERY WELL.

i might confirm this. i did disable core 5-8 in BIOS. and now i can enter the game after i made a char. this i couldnt do before disabling the cores :) im on amd 8350FX
  • Options
    senderayasenderaya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Got it working !!!!!!

Thank you m8! Worked for me. And it seems it runs smoother on an AMD FX 8320 with 4 cores in LIVE and Preview.
  • Options
    cbhughescbhughes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Got it working !!!!!!
    CONFIRMED. But an easier way to do this I suggest:

Open task manager
    Go to Processes tab, find Neverwinter.exe
    right click and hit "set affinity"
    (check show processes from all users if needed)
    then I unchecked cores 1,3,5, and 7 and was able to log in preview.
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cbhughes wrote: »

Open task manager

This worked for me as well. Thank you! :)

Edit: But I may have some performance hiccups doing this. I'm not sure if it's the cores I chose to disable or just that the new class uses a lot of physics, but I was getting weird slowdown in the tower district.
  • Options
    phasednewtphasednewt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Confirmed - disabling 4 of the 8 cores allows me to play on the preview shard without crashing at loading. Obviously this is a work around for a show stopper bug. Who wants to deliberately cripple their gaming rig? Hope the devs fix this before Mod 4 launch.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sort of works. I changed my CPU settings and it lets me into preview but I cannot delete characters or create new characters so no SW testing.
  • Options
    cbhughescbhughes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Sort of works. I changed my CPU settings and it lets me into preview but I cannot delete characters or create new characters so no SW testing.

Must have under 2 chars already to create one.
  • Options
    aaablacklady9aaablacklady9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Disable CPU core is like buy a ferrari and don't sue it because you don't wont to pay for the fuel -.- Make at 8 core work like a quad core is a waste and isn't a solution. The solution is let it work at full core not at half -.- By reducing your core and turn it into a quad core you have a less performanced cpu. It work good on NW because nw is a 32bit application and he never use the full power of an 8-core. I hope they will fix that, because reduce the CPU core isn't a real solution.
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Open task manager

Thanks mate worked for me as well.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just want to say I too have login issues, my rig is:

AMD FX9370
    AMD 16GB 1866 RAM
    2 x 2 TB HDD 7200 RPM in Raid 0
    AMD HD7970 Ghz edition 3GB

I'm going to try disabling the cores and see what that does. It looks as though that will help so i'm hoping they fix this issue soon for us AMD users.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Must have under 2 chars already to create one.

Yes I know. That's why I also included that it won't let me delete characters.
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to try disabling the cores and see what that does. It looks as though that will help so i'm hoping they fix this issue soon for us AMD users.

Ya, I'm getting some pretty wacky stuff going on and I have no idea if it's this AMD thing or just bugs with the changes. IWD is really weird and jittery compared to live for me. Lag spikes, wolves leaving red cones (attack areas) after they die... weird stuff.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi,

I get a crash after creating a warlock and attempt to enter the game. (AMD 2 core). On live everything runs smoothly.

Please help :(
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The problem exists only when I try to create a new character. I can log in and play with my other toon which was imported from live some time ago and currently positioned in the dread ring.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The only thing I can do is to send crash reports... Does no one else have this sort of problem? O.o

Can someone perhaps give me a hint how to make a crashlog for the dev's (or for myself) in order to tackle this problem?
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This is what I get:

Initializing...
    Attaching to crashed process...
    Harvesting data from crashed process...
    Mode: Customer
    Gathering Data Validation Info...
    ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log
    Communicating with Cryptic Error Tracker...
    Terminating crashed process...
    Sending Diagnostic Information...
    Cleaning up...
    Cleanup Complete!
    Waiting for description...

How to produce a patchxfer.log ?
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hello... anyone out there? I would appreciate any help.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • Options
    jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is the error I receive when attempting to log into the preview shard, it happens right before reaching the character selection screen.
    ocgpoWT.png

Anyone with a similar error or a suggested fix?
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• Options
    edited July 2014
    zomd wrote: »
    Ya, I'm getting some pretty wacky stuff going on and I have no idea if it's this AMD thing or just bugs with the changes. IWD is really weird and jittery compared to live for me. Lag spikes, wolves leaving red cones (attack areas) after they die... weird stuff.

Had a similar issue. Try to set it to 1 core per CU (method changes depending on board manufacturer. I can walk you through AsRock).

Edit:
    RE-read that and think it needs some explaining. The FX series has 4 physical cores but each core has 2 execution units, by resetting as CU rather than disbling it is still hyperthreading but only utilizing one execution per core so the performance is a little better than disabling 1/2 the cores. Make sense?
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    AMD Users need to manually reduce the amount of operational cores down when trying to jump onto Test.

I reduced mine down from 8 to 4 active cores to test. Its a painful fix, but it allows you to test and play at least. Hopefully this will be fixed before it all goes live.

@Ezra try that.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    AMD Users need to manually reduce the amount of operational cores down when trying to jump onto Test.

I reduced mine down from 8 to 4 active cores to test. Its a painful fix, but it allows you to test and play at least. Hopefully this will be fixed before it all goes live.

@Ezra try that.

Running an Intel i7 so I'm assuming I would need a different fix from AMD users. The fix mentioned that reduces core usage via task manager hasn't worked
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• Options
    drock6669drock6669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    how do you reduce the cores I have an 8 core and running amd

@Ezra try that.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Alright, so I changed the video settings to minimum before entering the game, and it seems that fixed it for me.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    None of the mentioned workarounds work here. I have 2 quadcore cpus and I've tried every possible configuration from 1 core to 8.
  • Options
    agbokiv1agbokiv1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can load all the way to character selection and it stars loading the map but when it reaches the end of the loading bar the client crashes right before i enter de map

here is my set up if it helps

CPU: AMD FX-8320
    GPU: R9 270
    MB: GA-970A-UD3P
    RAM: Kingston Hyper-x blu 1333Mhz