test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC aid requiring party status

linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
If I'm riding through enjoying the Nerverwinter winterland and I observe that a comrade might appreciate some PASSIVE aid, I know direct healing will help of course but will astral shield activate for their use if we have not joined as a party?

Are there any other abilities that require party status to operate?
Post edited by linoge63 on

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You allies benefit from all your buffs and healing even if they're not in your party.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you ....
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    You allies benefit from all your buffs and healing even if they're not in your party.

^This.

When on my DC and passing by I always throw out a heal (Sunburst or Astral Shield) and otherwise don't usually get involved with the fight itself unless it's something really big (like Helm's Hold Giant Devils) or the players appear to be getting overwhelmed (multiple mobs for whatever reason) - unless it looks like intentional kiting.

The point being the DC heal powers always work (while in combat or not) and work for anyone and everyone, anywhere, any time. :)
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Exceptions in IWD- if you're not flagged for PvP you can't heal or buff or affect someone who is, and vice versa, even if they're in a party with you. And you can't use direct target heals on NPCs in HEs. In some cases I can't heal someone on opposite fraction, even if we're both unflagged though in other cases I could.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Good info..thanks