test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stats for some Black Ice Sets at Tier 3

abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Library
I've been able to craft some of the Black Ice sets and fully empower them. Since I haven't been able to find this information anywhere here are the stats of the gear.

Corrupted Black Ice Orb

Damage: 677-827
Black Ice damage resistance: 16%
Power: 1772
Critical Strike: 366
Deflection: 281
Tenacity: 113

Corrupted Black Ice Talisman

Black Ice Damage Resistance: 3.5%
Power: 203
Recovery: 203
Lifesteal: 156
Tenacity: 63

Purified Black Ice Cowl

Black Ice Damage Resistance: 10%
Recovery: 281
Defense: 484
Lifesteal: 366

Purified Black Ice Armor

Black Ice Damage Resistance: 16%
Maximum Hit Points: 1750
Armor Class: 7
Defense: 746
Lifesteal: 569
Tenacity: 179

Purified Black Ice Gloves

Power: 281
Defense: 118
Regeneration 366

Purified Black Ice Boots

Max Hit Points: 1463
Power: 281
Defense: 118

Total stats for set of Purified Armor:

Black Ice Resistance: 46%
Max Hit Points: 3213
Power: 562
Recovery: 484
Defense: 1466
Regeneration: 366
Lifesteal: 1667
Tenacity: 518
Action Point Gain: 150 (comes from equipping 2 of the set)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by abaddon523 on

Comments

• jagerblue2jagerblue2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This falls very closely in line with my predictions, good to know so I can stop worrying if it will be good for PVE. lol

EDIT: The weapon set seems decent.. might be worth looking into if the set effect procs enough, any idea how often it procs\cooldown?
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jagerblue2 wrote: »
    This falls very closely in line with my predictions, good to know so I can stop worrying if it will be good for PVE. lol

EDIT: The weapon set seems decent.. might be worth looking into if the set effect procs enough, any idea how often it procs\cooldown?

No testing done yet. I've only wandered around for a little bit with it on just to check it out.

My first impressions are that my damage has taken a hit from not having the high vizier debuff. Things are not dying as quickly. On the other hand my survivability has gone up significantly. Wiping out 65.5% of Black Ice Damage is a huge help running around in Icewind Dale. Also the HP boost and lifesteal boosts put me at over 33k hp with over 2700 lifesteal. The first enemies I took on were two frost giants. They never got my HP below 75%. Emboldened I soloed a mob from a rescue the prospectors Epic Encounter. My HP got down to about 30% once but I was able to fill it back up in no time and polish off the mob. All in all, fairly impressed with how tanky the gear makes me though I doubt it will be useful outside of Icewind Dale and I doubt it will ever be more useful in a group situation than the High Vizier set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jagerblue2jagerblue2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    No testing done yet. I've only wandered around for a little bit with it on just to check it out.

My first impressions are that my damage has taken a hit from not having the high vizier debuff. Things are not dying as quickly. On the other hand my survivability has gone up significantly. Wiping out 65.5% of Black Ice Damage is a huge help running around in Icewind Dale. Also the HP boost and lifesteal boosts put me at over 33k hp with over 2700 lifesteal. The first enemies I took on were two frost giants. They never got my HP below 75%. Emboldened I soloed a mob from a rescue the prospectors Epic Encounter. My HP got down to about 30% once but I was able to fill it back up in no time and polish off the mob. All in all, fairly impressed with how tanky the gear makes me though I doubt it will be useful outside of Icewind Dale and I doubt it will ever be more useful in a group situation than the High Vizier set.

Yeah, I figured as much that it wouldn't be useful outside of the area. 2.7k lifesteal.. isn't that getting into very heavy DR territory lol
    edited June 2014
    jagerblue2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I figured as much that it wouldn't be useful outside of the area. 2.7k lifesteal.. isn't that getting into very heavy DR territory lol

Oh yeah. That's way more than I want. I set up all of my accessories and the equipment on my ioun stone to give me 1.5k. That was great since the high vizier set doesn't give all that much. Swapping over to the Purified Black Ice set and its innate 1667 pushes that well into the "not worth it because of diminishing returns" zone. If I decided to make the Purified Black Ice set permanent (doubtful) I would definitely get different gear to shift that lifesteal into other categories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Ok, here's some additional information. I just beat up on some test dummies using my normal loadout and with all black ice gear equipped in the trade of blades. I did this to test out how often the Corrupted weapon set procs and how much it contributes to my total damage. Here are the stats.

Test Duration: 4 minutes
    Total damage: 5,120,572
    Sudden Storm: 1,565,634 (31%)
    Conduit of Ice: 927,255 (18%)
    Shardplosion: 840,532 (16%)
    Oppressive Force: 526,245 (10%)
    Shard Slam: 440,715 (9%)
    Steal time: 402,119 (8%)
    Chilling Cloud: 263,287 (5%)
    Storm Pillar: 126,000 (2%)
    Black Ice Shard: 15,000 (0%)

Black Ice Damage triggered a total of 6 times. Each time it triggered it was exactly 41 seconds after the previous black ice damage. So it's not random, it's on a timer. It does a whopping 62 dps. What a complete and total joke. I suppose it may have some really, really marginal use in PvP where an extra 2,500 damage in a fight may come in handy. But, really, this is a completely pathetic set bonus. Bad developers. No cookie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Black Ice Damage triggered a total of 6 times. Each time it triggered it was exactly 41 seconds after the previous black ice damage. So it's not random, it's on a timer. It does a whopping 62 dps. What a complete and total joke. I suppose it may have some really, really marginal use in PvP where an extra 2,500 damage in a fight may come in handy. But, really, this is a completely pathetic set bonus. Bad developers. No cookie.

I was pretty sure the Proc on it wasn't going to be anything special once I saw it.

About the only thing I can say about it is that its generally more useful than the other set bonuses on the other Orb/Talisman combos you can get because they give 450 Recovery generally, which is actually good... until you realize we already end up with a good 3600 recovery without that.

So its hard to say its any worse than the current set bonuses for the Orb/Talisman combos we currently have.

What it really does is give a lot more overall power with the Orb/Talisman combo. As you're getting 1773 power from the orb and another 210 power from the Talisman which is higher than any other combination we can get.

If you had Formorian or Fallen Dragon Previously it won't be better than those.... but it will be better than the Illyanbruen and Dread Legion orb/talisman combos.