test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Thoughts on New BI Gear

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Just wanted to open up a thread discussing the new BI gear and enchantments. What are your thoughts and how do you like them so far?

Best, Trace
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I only have the Helmet and Grieves but using them actually lower my GS! They are decent but I think they are best used in IWD, as my Profound Tactician is superior in pvp in my opinion. Maybe when I get the bracers if they ever drop:(
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well with only a half set it appears to be doing well in the Kessel Skirmish so far, I won't know how well it performs until I have the Chest and Orb. I'll be unlocking the last part of the Forge today, then the time to craft is about 2 days.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They're hideous looking and the stats aren't great. Really only seems useful in IWD - which is the point.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Still trying to decide if my two pieces were a complete waste of time. If we're expected to carry around our normal gear, PvP gear, and BI gear, just to play every aspect of the game, they need to give us another bag.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You need to mix and match pieces to get consistent stats and most of the pieces don't look that great. Besides that there a fun new set to experiment with and I cant wait to test out the 4 set bonus on purifed and corrupted in a few days :P
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have mixed feelings so far. I'm running Purified BI gear and Corrupted BI Weapons. It sounds strange but I feel slightly tankier with less regen. I wish the set bonuses would proc more often, but no complaints. So far, it's pretty fun, but I've only pugged all morning.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have mixed feelings so far. I'm running Purified BI gear and Corrupted BI Weapons. It sounds strange but I feel slightly tankier with less regen. I wish the set bonuses would proc more often, but no complaints. So far, it's pretty fun, but I've only pugged all morning.

trace i was about to run the same gears on my hr. could you pls enlightening us about proc rates of bonus set and weapons?
    edited June 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    trace i was about to run the same gears on my hr. could you pls enlightening us about proc rates of bonus set and weapons?

I know the proc rate on the weapon was horrible. Maybe once every 2-3 minutes. For 2500 damage? Please. I'd rather have the +450 ArP from the other set.

I Didn't test the proc rate on the armor. Most likely it had a similar cool down, but it was healing from the Purified set, which I didn't expect to proc as often.

In regard to Greater Black Ice Enchantments, I couldn't tell either. All in all, I'm not sure what really is the best set for an HR (once they nerf/fix the PVP set).

In the meantime, I'd say Profound Combatants is still the best PVP armor.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Terrible for TR. and the procs are broken on weapons, they go off once per combat entrance. If you dont exit and re enter combat every few seconds (impossible) they arent worth it for the procs. Also the +800 stats from overload enchant procs is more like + 350-450 because of how it works. They increase from 0-800 over 8 seconds, they are at actual +800 for less then half of a second. Very lackluster. Unless you can get your same stats before any procs from BI gear as profound it doesn't seem worth it at all.

Oh, and fomorian/fallen dragon weapons all have higher base weapon dmg then T3 BI weapons.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They lower GS and the 2+2 bonus sets are meh.... :(

I hope Mod4 gear is better.
    edited June 2014
    So i just wasted some milions ads for nothing.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    They lower GS and the 2+2 bonus sets are meh.... :(

Once you empower them to tier 3 that's only when the gearscore catches up from the loss of the +450 two piece bonus of other sets. I'm still two days away from my purified gear, but from what I've read so far the proc chance on full set bonuses are a bit disappointing. The stats are still promising for my build, however.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maybe the icds will get adjusted. Hope so. Given the amazing rng for the full set, you'd think the gear as a whole would mirror the effort involved in getting it. Anyway, early days, perhaps there is a killer build lurking somewhere yet to be found.

At the very least the 3 piece set will make epic HEs more spammable, without getting killed so much.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    edited June 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    Once you empower them to tier 3 that's only when the gearscore catches up from the loss of the +450 two piece bonus of other sets. I'm still two days away from my purified gear, but from what I've read so far the proc chance on full set bonuses are a bit disappointing. The stats are still promising for my build, however.
    Careful Rust, the 20% stat increase from T2-3 might scrape by and be equivalent for the purified sets (on some classes) but def isnt for the corrupt.
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Maybe the icds will get adjusted. Hope so. Given the amazing rng for the full set, you'd think the gear as a whole would mirror the effort involved in getting it. Anyway, early days, perhaps there is a killer build lurking somewhere yet to be found.

At the very least the 3 piece set will make epic HEs more spammable, without getting killed so much.

IDK im so neurotic about wasting refined BI (even though I have 200k) on pve. Even in kessells I drop all my BI gear once inside and do it hardmade, very doable btw. I never die and still top dps every single time.
  • iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same as the with last 2 mods, the T2 (or T1) gear we already had is still better. And much easier to get.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
    edited June 2014
    Terrible for TR. and the procs are broken on weapons, they go off once per combat entrance. If you dont exit and re enter combat every few seconds (impossible) they arent worth it for the procs. Also the +800 stats from overload enchant procs is more like + 350-450 because of how it works. They increase from 0-800 over 8 seconds, they are at actual +800 for less then half of a second. Very lackluster. Unless you can get your same stats before any procs from BI gear as profound it doesn't seem worth it at all.

Oh, and fomorian/fallen dragon weapons all have higher base weapon dmg then T3 BI weapons.

Ahhh, that's what happened! I saw the 2,500 damage once and then it was gone.

Man I'm so ticked. All that time, effort and AD wasted for a set that's sub-par to the Profound gear.

Back to the glory grind.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited June 2014
    In august i am going to wait a month before starting to do the dailies
    edited June 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    In august i am going to wait a month before starting to do the dailies

The crappy thing for me is that I held off grinding out the Profound gear because 1) it was getting a nerf and 2) BI gear was around the corner. Now even though the nerf is coming up (though we don't know when), it will most likely still be better than the BI gear.

Lameness.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    since the start of these modules, the new armor set bonuses have always paled in comparison the the regular T2 sets, because of they give class buffs, not procs on cooldowns.

The only class who could make use of this in pve i think is HR (wont count profound until new changes come), since their set bonuses suck in terms of + overall damage, this is probably on-par with the suckage though.

I don't know why they moved away from the ideas from the T2 sets though...

I wish they overhaulled all the less favorable set bonuses, would be nice if people had some viable variations.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The crappy thing for me is that I held off grinding out the Profound gear because 1) it was getting a nerf and 2) BI gear was around the corner. Now even though the nerf is coming up (though we don't know when), it will most likely still be better than the BI gear.

Lameness.

The Profound gear is getting nerfed? I missed that. Any details? Thanks!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited June 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    The Profound gear is getting nerfed? I missed that. Any details? Thanks!

1) heal is getting healing depression
    2) change to heal upon deflect down to 50% from 75%
    3) it has now an internal cooldown of 2 sec up from 0
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I too spent ALOT of time farming and preparing for the BI gear. I have the entire purified set 4/4 and 2/2 weapons. I have over 200k refined blackice STILL after making the items, bought the black ice stone as well as gauntlets to help refine faster and I couldnt be more disappointed.

The gear isnt BAD but it just isnt BIS as we were led to believe. I mean, compared to the Profound gear, the BI gear has more overall stats - but it gives too much in the wrong areas.

For instance, I have about 42k-43k HP which is about 2k MORE than Profound setup, however, the profound set gives 7.5% more deflect which is pretty dang amazing. Not to mentioned on the profound setup I get more defense/deflect stats as well so overall im sitting at about 9% more deflect. Ontop of that, I have better offensive stats with profound.

The 2pc on Black Ice is garbage, the 4 pc COULD be good, but just doesnt seem to proc very much. Just to give an example, I ran an ACT during a few pvp sessions and the LIFESTEAL off my roar (btw I dont even stack lifesteal - just passively when forced on me) healed me more than the 4pc set bonus.

The ONLY thing that really catches my eye about the set is the overload slots that proc temp HP, but even then, my tests show that its really not a huge impact.

Ontop of that, the BI gear gives you ALOT of regen - over 1900 and I dont even need that much.

I have a guildy I got qued against tell me he thought I was MORE squishy than the GWF on my team running the PVP T1 set... I mean thats pretty pathetic.

Overall id love to see the ICD on the armor cut in half to maybe 30 seconds, this would give it a max potential of 50% uptime. Considering the heal is cut by HD so its about 320ish (with +inc healing) its really not super OP... Perhaps this would make it worth it to try again.

REALLY disappointed in the gear and that I wasted a ton of time/gold/AD getting this just to swap back to Profound set.... (ya ya ptr - should have tested) but I trusted the DEVs and they let me down, my mistake.
    edited June 2014
    Well according to my timer I'm looking at 18 hours left on the last pieces of my full Black Ice set.

Once I get them I'll be running some Kessel Skirmishes to give it a good test.

Still no answers, but will likely be able to get one tomorrow.
    edited June 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    I don't know why they moved away from the ideas from the T2 sets though...

I wish they overhaulled all the less favorable set bonuses, would be nice if people had some viable variations.

I'd have to agree Grimah,

Honestly the only Armor I've seen or used on par with HV was the Champion Set, but that only works with Spellstorms (Bugged for MoF and FtF) and because of the high ARP and recast time generated on the Mastery Slot which leads to Higher DPS for me when I use it.

There's a ton of T2 Armors that could be more useful if the Set bonus power was either not bugged or was competetive with the High Vizier Set.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Need some test but I would say I keep my Fomorian orb.

About the BI armor I think I need to run some CNs to test it.
    It gives lots of power for a limited time!
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been mixing and matching them to see if I can get any useful results from them, so far I've been able to get decent stats, but using like 1 purified 2 corrupt ect. the sets were probably either not well thought out or they didn't expect it to be used much
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Corrupted BI gear set bonus is useless, it has like 3 min CD, and it doesn't proc immediately when you enter the combat. It expires too fast. This should be a permanent bonus, that persists until you exit the combat, and even then, it's still worse then majority of T1 and T2 set bonuses.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Corrupted BI gear set bonus is useless, it has like 3 min CD, and it doesn't proc immediately when you enter the combat. It expires too fast. This should be a permanent bonus, that persists until you exit the combat, and even then, it's still worse then majority of T1 and T2 set bonuses.

on top of that it decays quite fast i did 2 pvps that took around 40 min in total,after that i wanted to refill it to 100% again and that costed me 790 black ice... just 2 pvps i was like REALLY?

hope the devs ill give us an answer why they tricked us with their so called BEST SET INGAME.
  • wolfzzzzwolfzzzz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    on top of that it decays quite fast i did 2 pvps that took around 40 min in total,after that i wanted to refill it to 100% again and that costed me 790 black ice... just 2 pvps i was like REALLY?

hope the devs ill give us an answer why they tricked us with their so called BEST SET INGAME.
    Yes I ran 4 Kessel's skirmishes and lost two hours of combat time off my BI gear. There seems to be something wrong with the timer.