test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alternative Means of Acquiring BI Main Hand and Gloves

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
Okay folks,

I'm almost a month into farming daily for my GWF main hand and still nothing. Admittedly, I do not enjoy PVE, but that is a moot point at the moment. I'd love to see a way to acquire the BI Main Hand and BI gloves without farming PVE. Yes, I know, some people have dozens of them because they know the secret method to all things PVE and they're enlightened.

For the rest of us, please help us out.
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same here,my TR is having a lot of troubles getting his gloves.i wish we could get them for 15k Black Ice that'd be good enough for me,or get them in Kessels Retreat.Anyone else got other ideas??
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's weird - within the first week I was able to get my GF to IWD, I managed to get 2 black ice swords. Since playing every day since then, I haven't yet gotten the arm pieces...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I dunno anyone that have gotten the MH for GWF, period

The drop rate Is Serious BS!

Because nobody actually got it, or maybe there is like 10 people in whole server that got it?

They need to check and fix it. Raise drop rate.

Look I am being really constructive now I point out the problem and recommend you what to do about it.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just give us a *<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>^& Token System for the things already.

Better yet, move the Armor Crafting Task to the Second Tier of the Black Ice Shaping Profession and the Main and Offhand Weapons to the Third hopefully either for Sale, for Tokens, or maybe offer us a special Mission to obtain the Main Hand like we have for the Artifacts.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I agree with you I am almost 2 months as well doing grinding for this elusive MH ang gloves. Last week I have a week of vacation leave to grind it and I did not have the luck to get one. its so frustrating and adding up to it is the epic lag and rubber band issue. I hope may be they could do as the same system in dread ring like it maybe included in Briggins tomb chest or any epic mission. or those who are lucky enough to have a dozen of this item may sell it to us who don't have enough luck for this ^&*^%^&*!!!!
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am pretty sure I have heard people from Legit comment about the GWF MH "missing."
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Got gloves 4x and main hand 2x on gwf, mainhand on HR, gloves on CW and TR

Itsa RNG like many other things, but I don't think that there is any problem at present. You can get them from class B encounters if you do them in small groups rather quickly really.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got the gloves on my CW, and have given up trying to get them on anyone else. All they're good for is getting into a skirmish anyway.
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, one things for sure. PVP is going to be broken as **** in a few days when only 1/10~ people have their 4/4 purified and 2/2 black ice weapons

on the bright side, I've gotten an epic GF shield twice on non-GF characters.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    Well, one things for sure. PVP is going to be broken as **** in a few days when only 1/10~ people have their 4/4 purified and 2/2 black ice weapons

on the bright side, I've gotten an epic GF shield twice on non-GF characters.

well its already broken as **** with raor, hr broken armor and other stuff :)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The character that didn't need 'em, got 'em. The character that desperately needs them can't get them for love nor money. What is it with these dwarves..? They have some kind of glove and main hand phobia..? They can make everything else. But not gloves apparantly. Hmm. Makes total sense.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Here is a tip for beholder spawns.

When there are no major encounters up in dwarven valley for more than 5 minutes there is a good chance that the beholder is going to spawn on the next 10 minute interval.

I had the following scenario last night. I was sitting around in Dwarven Valley at around the 42 minute mark on the hour there were no major encounters up just the 2-3 ones. So I wait till the 45 minute mark still no major encounters, also I have tried this strategy numerous times before with it paying off with a beholder spawn. Then at the 50 minute mark about 30 secs after that happens beholder popped right next to where I was sitting around near the entrance spawn. And what do you know a mainhand even after dying once.

This was after quite a few beholders over the weeks I have had dwarven valley available.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Huh. GWf was actually easiest for me. But since it is my least favorite toon I already had lots of practice farming them out. Regardless here's what I know. On Remo if you pay attention when he burrows the mission objective turns to 'mine the black ice'. Resist your innate urge to stand in red and swing that huge sword and go mine until Remo comes back. For MH I got it on a Prospector. You can get two of them free without aggroing anything. The mobs that don't have 3 casters in them are soloable. As I said my GWf is not that geared but all melle with unstoppable and pot maintainence they are doable. I used Avalanche because you don't get hit in that long animation so when I got spike damage and did not have a pot up I could run down the timer/ prone the mobs.
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would love to see a system implemented that gives players an increased chance at receiving Gloves/Main-Hand/Epic gear when completing Epic Heroic Encounters by completing other Heroic Encounters in the zone.

They could make something in the IWD zones that scored players for completing any Heroic Encounters much like the Live Events in the 1-60 zones. Players who stay in the zone completing HE's could build up a score that ultimately contributed to a higher drop rate when an Epic Encounter pops up.

This would not only alleviate the problem of poor drop rates but would also give players an incentive to do the normal HEs.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    asking for this change is wishful thinking, i have serious doubts this will happen. Theres just too many other problems that need addressing, and those are taking forever.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    I am pretty sure I have heard people from Legit comment about the GWF MH "missing."

It's not missing, I have it on GWF from Beholder. Took around 150 tries, #nolife.
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    On the gwf mh..

had it drop for me after last adjustment patch on 06/05/14, which lowered the threshold for achieving epic reward possibility.

Black Ice Beholder.. I got there late, beholder was down to about 85% health.

I did not die. When beholder went invincible, I made sure and dps the adds.. rezzed a cpl of ffolkes who had bad rng and had the one-shot attack land right on them.

I also stayed within the highlight cicle on the mini-map.

Am sure it was my lucky day rng wise.. but blam.. fight over and black ice MH there for me to get.

As for bracers.. I am positive it is just a rumor. not even a smell on the bracers.. or a hint..

-- sigh --
  • juicebox87juicebox87 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think you should be able to buy either for 200 Scrimshaw each........Eh?
    edited June 2014
    wow i got my GF's mainhand from prospector's attack 8-10 people in icewind pass, didnt expect it. I guess these rewards are not tied to just the beholder afterall.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
  • julianalz55julianalz55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I feel you bro, i've been farming Remo/Raiderz constantly every day, changing from instance trying to find the epic encounter, i consider myself a really patient person, but to be honest im starting to get annoyed by this RNG and drop rates.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Okay folks,

I'm almost a month into farming daily for my GWF main hand and still nothing. Admittedly, I do not enjoy PVE, but that is a moot point at the moment. I'd love to see a way to acquire the BI Main Hand and BI gloves without farming PVE. Yes, I know, some people have dozens of them because they know the secret method to all things PVE and they're enlightened.

For the rest of us, please help us out.

ultimately not the right to buy everything! neither love nor BOP items! lol
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I feel you bro, i've been farming Remo/Raiderz constantly every day, changing from instance trying to find the epic encounter, i consider myself a really patient person, but to be honest im starting to get annoyed by this RNG and drop rates.

My only other rival was farming VT (1 of 2) 2-6x a day for three weeks until I finally got the Fallen Dragon Off-Hand. I didn't think anything would top that, but here we are.

Still hoping for other means to acquire this item.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited June 2014
    something i noticed. the longer you are taking part taking damage and dealing the higher chance of getting "great success". before when i did beholders i would never get this, until i started tanking/damaging and almost dying to adds, then then boom great success.

You shouldnt limit yourself to so few encounters, I've never seen raid the raiders, and only done remo once. and ive got my MH and gloves from doing other ones.
  • warriorsessencewarriorsessence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do the Black Ice Bracers ONLY drop when grinding PVE encounters? I'd heard a rumor that they're also a rare drop in Kessell's Retreat so I've been trying to play that as much as I can. Though like I just said, it was a rumor...

I've been in IceWind Dale for what seems like forever, got the entire black ice forge unlocked and still no bracers.