test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR: Split on the Sky. Only works when enemies hit.

Hi,

Actually Split on the Sky only works when enemies hit, not when enemy attack and you dodge.

The tooltip say "when enemies attack you".

Would be fine to get this. After the split shot nerf my HR has lower DPS than my CW or GWF, and have better gear.

Split shot only hits for 3, 4, 5k, and my char is at rank 10, +9k power. I can get more dps from my CW or my GWF with worst gear.

Also I dont like pathfinder for PVE (less DPS than stormwarden), and I dont use it for PVP because its OP and Lame.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by crimpatul on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't get it... what are you asking about? All you've stated are facts. And everything is working as intended as far as I know. :)
  • Options
    crimpatulcrimpatul Member Posts: 197
    edited June 2014
    The tooltip of Split OTS says: Lacerate the sky, opening a storm in a large area. Enemies who attack you or your allies in this area will be struck, dealing damage and snaring them.

Well. If enemies attack you and you dodge SoTS does not work. Im supposing that its the same with GF block and another classes dodges.

It would be nice that SoTS proc when enemies attack, dodging or not dodging, damaging or not damaging.

:-)
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    crimpatul wrote: »
    The tooltip of Split OTS says: Lacerate the sky, opening a storm in a large area. Enemies who attack you or your allies in this area will be struck, dealing damage and snaring them.

Well. If enemies attack you and you dodge SoTS does not work. Im supposing that its the same with GF block and another classes dodges.

It would be nice that SoTS proc when enemies attack, dodging or not dodging, damaging or not damaging.

:-)

Okay, I understand what you mean. So what you want is either 1) The lightening strikes the mob even if you dodge it or 2) Rephrase the description text.

Okay, this makes sense to me. :)
  • Options
    crimpatulcrimpatul Member Posts: 197
    edited June 2014
    1.- :D

Sorry for my bad english. Not native.

Also SToS loss a lot of value when CW get in party, because all the mobs get stunned with encounters like Steal Time, and Stormwarden loose him big PP encounter. Any chance to modify the encounter?
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    crimpatul wrote: »
    1.- :D

Sorry for my bad english. Not native.

Also SToS loss a lot of value when CW get in party, because all the mobs get stunned with encounters like Steal Time, and Stormwarden loose him big PP encounter. Any chance to modify the encounter?

Ya, this is my main problem with both of the ranger's high damage powers, they are highly dependent on what other classes do to be effective. For Split the Sky, it's only useful if a lot of mobs are grouped together and they actually land hits. For a squishy ranger soloing, it's basically useless as we are trying to avoid damage. It's actually a better power for melee rangers than ranged ones solo.

And for Rain of Arrows, it's really dependent on how grouped the mobs get and is dependent on other classes to be as effective as it should be, like the CW's Singularity.

Other classes dps skills allow them to position themselves to best effect for burst damage, they aren't as reliant on having to wait (or hope) the other players will use specific skills to be effective. Too often, I'm trying to gauge in parties if a CW will bother casting sing or wait for a knockback so I don't waste my own skills. If I wait too long or don't wait long enough I don't get the bulk of my dps in. The slow casting times don't help either.