test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cockatrice!? Oh dear!

Comments

• shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Meh, at least you can still use your ranged powers against the enemy that is ranged too:

CW >_> ______________________<-pew-pew->__________________________ <_< HR/CW/DC

In my case it's just like:
    CW/HR uses their ranged powers at me, they get rooted and I start throwing my very limited stacks of CoS at them, hardly getting their HP to 75% and then my deflecting companions/fey thistle boon finish the business resulting in a perma-root ^_^....

And what happened next my dear frand ?
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hoping to see this fixed sooner rather than later
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    God, I was in IWP today, still marked for pvp on my way back to IWD to turn in my dailies. I see an enemy player ahead. Hop on my mount, chase him down, knock him off. I play an HR btw. Anyway, hit him, try to ME out for a ranged rotation, and erm, stuck. He just cut me to shreds, while I stood there rooted like a tree the whole time. That TR must have laughed his head off later.

Cockatrice for the win.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So let me get this straight:
    it's right for some classes to have a perma prone/stun, but not for others to have a root based on rng? And you can also have it! Go and buy it! Tell me it isn't fair. You are lucky, I can't buy prones or stuns!

This companion is the only chance a dc can escape from a gwf or a tr. And I didn't say win, just stay alive!
    But we all know that some classes are in game just to feed gwf and tr, right?
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Based on how they treated similar situations (Emblem just to name one off the top of my head) in the past, 95% sure, yes.

Everybody needs it to be competitive and nobody can use DoTs any longer. One companion shouldn't change the way PVP has to be played.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha, sorry couldn't help it.
    And also, players use dots to proc every goddam effects, but it's not right when other use the same mechanism. How funny.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    it's right for some classes to have a perma prone/stun, but not for others to have a root based on rng? And you can also have it! Go and buy it! Tell me it isn't fair. You are lucky, I can't buy prones or stuns!

This companion is the only chance a dc can escape from a gwf or a tr. And I didn't say win, just stay alive!

Permastealth in open world pvp is a more broken mechanic than this pet imo so I agree with some of your points
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014

^Doesn't know about game balance. Being required to buy something to be competitive isn't balance. The only reason you're defending it is because you probably don't want to engage in opvp and have one yourself. The fact that DCs have a hard time on their own doesn't justify the need for a single companion to be overpowered to all.
  • kivitodrummiekivitodrummie Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    happened to me yesterday.. I was naive to try BI domination.. what a fail.. first i was up against like 20 of them on the point, dead in 5 sec.. then i was try to be cunning and to stealth myself into the zone.. then I just saw note "where do you think you're going?".. a single gwf.. and then nothing, i couldn't move and felt like I have massive lag.. also dead in 5 seconds.. I believe he had "cockblock".. :D
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    A completely imbalanced pet that ruins the fun for everyone is not the solution to any issues DCs may or may not have. It's just a completely fun-ruining experience. As a DC, just try using Punishing Light or Break the Spirit or something on someone with a cockatrice.

Don't even get me started on CW DoT's with plaguefire, and even without plaguefire it's still root half the time, no dodge nothing. Don't forget Threatening Rush on GWF's can break out of roots if your close enough. *cough* cute gap closer, so theres no point in even buying one if you think you will stop them :)
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    happened to me yesterday.. I was naive to try BI domination.. what a fail.. first i was up against like 20 of them on the point, dead in 5 sec.. then i was try to be cunning and to stealth myself into the zone.. then I just saw note "where do you think you're going?".. a single gwf.. and then nothing, i couldn't move and felt like I have massive lag.. also dead in 5 seconds.. I believe he had "cockblock".. :D

You were naive to try BI domination by yourself.

Join a reputable guild, friend up some dedicated players, you'll have more fun.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It definatly needs to have an internal cooldown time of like 30 seconds, like almost every other companion ability. It's too powerful, you attack someone once with an encounter, and it almost always procs
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    It definatly needs to have an internal cooldown time of like 30 seconds, like almost every other companion ability. It's too powerful, you attack someone once with an encounter, and it almost always procs

They can't change the cooldown or anything else: it would be false advertising. There are people who have spent money on it just for its bonus. Bonus that cryptic unequivocally stated.
    I know that I would like my money back if they change it.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They can't change the cooldown or anything else: it would be false advertising. There are people who have spent money on it just for its bonus. Bonus that cryptic unequivocally stated.
    I know that I would like my money back if they change it.

Actually the ToS of any MMO allows them to change any feature, let alone something this relatively minor as they wish.
    edited June 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Actually the ToS of any MMO allows them to change any feature, let alone something this relatively minor as they wish.

They surely can. But this is not a dropped item. They asked ad, ergo money, for this. I can't tell you "buy this and you will get that" and after change the item. Not without you asking for your money back.
    And you probably have forgot that there are people who use real money for the game (not having much time to play). And these money are what make the game to stay alive.
    edited June 2014
    They surely can. But this is not a dropped item. They asked ad, ergo money, for this. I can't tell you "buy this and you will get that" and after change the item. Not without you asking for your money back.
    And you probably have forgot that there are people who use real money for the game (not having much time to play). And these money are what make the game to stay alive.

Yes because keeping an item OP just because some people bought it makes perfect sense. Plus because it was bought for ad so wasn't directly bought with money. Even if it was you have no rights since your account is cryptics and they can do whatever they like to it. At least it protects them from people whining about them balancing a pet going "omf i'll sue!!!!11". If anyone has an issue with it, they need to grow up and get over themselves. Of course if they overnerfed it it's natural to be annoyed, but if they still made it viable noone has the right to complain. The cockatrice already got a change anyway with the lesser bonding fix. How do you expect a balanced game if they're not allowed to balance certain stuff?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They nerfed Tenes and Emblem, for instance, despite people spent millions on 'em.
    mconosrep wrote: »
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Yes because keeping an item OP just because some people bought it makes perfect sense. Plus because it was bought for ad so wasn't directly bought with money. Even if it was you have no rights since your account is cryptics and they can do whatever they like to it. At least it protects them from people whining about them balancing a pet going "omf i'll sue!!!!11". If anyone has an issue with it, they need to grow up and get over themselves. Of course if they overnerfed it it's natural to be annoyed, but if they still made it viable noone has the right to complain. The cockatrice already got a change anyway with the lesser bonding fix. How do you expect a balanced game if they're not allowed to balance certain stuff?

You really don't understand, don't you? If a company advertises an item in a way can't suddenly change the item.
    This is not a dropped item. This thing was advertised. And cryptic basically sold them (ad, or money does not matter. ad are created only with prayers in small quantity. The rest of circulating ad come from zen and zen from money. It is the way cryptic pays the bills) to make MONEY. It's not a free drop in a dungeon. is op? isn't op? it doesn't matter. If they will change it, people will have every right to ask for money. And rightly so.

IT WOULD BE FALSE ADVERTISING
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm pretty sure it says somewhere on Terms of Agreement thingy which, we all accept at some point, that all in game stuff is subject to change. So they have every right to "fix" it and they don't have to refund anything for doing so.

Will they? I doubt it, not until a couple of patches later at least, I'm pretty sure they have lots of other "improvements" in their agenda before they can get to fixing it.
  • b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You really don't understand, don't you? If a company advertises an item in a way can't suddenly change the item.
    This is not a dropped item. This thing was advertised. And cryptic basically sold them (ad, or money does not matter. ad are created only with prayers in small quantity. The rest of circulating ad come from zen and zen from money. It is the way cryptic pays the bills) to make MONEY. It's not a free drop in a dungeon. is op? isn't op? it doesn't matter. If they will change it, people will have every right to ask for money. And rightly so.

First off, if they did change it nerf it or w/e it will still do exactly what it say in its description. So that's not false advertising. Second, it may not be working as they originally intended. Relax ppl it's a pet! you can play and be competitive w/o a single pet. PvP jebus gotta love that crowd.
    edited June 2014
    I'm pretty sure it says somewhere on Terms of Agreement thingy which, we all accept at some point, that all in game stuff is subject to change. So they have every right to "fix" it and they don't have to refund anything for doing so.

Will they? I doubt it, not until a couple of patches later at least, I'm pretty sure they have lots of other "improvements" in their agenda before they can get to fixing it.

Yeah, you are obviously right. And given the example of tenes (a selling point for the first boxes if memory serves me well), I am wrong.

But I still think it wouldn't be right. Oh well, as a dc I'm used to nerf :)
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Cockatrice is Activating on every tick of damage Its INSANELY Over-Powered can we please fix this? It makes open world unbearable, IT Should have an internal cooldown at the very least.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014

It doesn't matter , you have no rights , you signed them away upon creation of your account -
    (d) You acknowledge that in using the Service and/or Games, you may lose in-game features and/or items. You may not hold PWE responsible for any in-game feature or item loss. We do not guarantee the availability of any in-game items, any Service or any levels to players
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter , you have no rights , you signed them away upon creation of your account -

And sadly opinions like that are the reason we have no rights because some people are so entitled that they'd rather keep the game imbalanced rather than have something fixed that they paid to abuse, knowingly or not.
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

Tell that to my 3 legendary Emblems that I cannot use anymore, or the 14+ Greater Tenebrous I sold with a loss of many millions, all bought with real money.

Lesson learned:

You do no invest money in this game thinking you can buy power and it will reliably last. It is foolish. You either do no invest a dime, either you invest knowing it will get nerfed to the ground soon, but you gonna have fun for a few weeks/months.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited June 2014

oh seriously ? lmao
    so you want that all classes have the same mecanism/skills , :D:D:D , NO COMMENT
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Meh, at least you can still use your ranged powers against the enemy that is ranged too:

CW >_> ______________________<-pew-pew->__________________________ <_< HR/CW/DC

In my case it's just like:
    CW/HR uses their ranged powers at me, they get rooted and I start throwing my very limited stacks of CoS at them, hardly getting their HP to 75% and then my deflecting companions/fey thistle boon finish the business resulting in a perma-root ^_^....
    btw i wasn't talking about trs , i don't know why you take it personel lol and your exemple is very funny .
    i can understand root coming from a hr , but sorry not from a gwf/ gf who can prone me while im perma
    stucked -_-
    edited June 2014

it's not changing it , its correct it , we all know that it is OP , it is not working as it is supposed to work as a bonus , it have a very short proc time.
    like this it's a balance breaking and a class destroyer.
  • lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    One thing I don't think people have considered is the fact that the pets rooting effect is VERY anti-ranged. It's only detrimental to ranged classes. Think about it.. Ranged character fires at melee character. Gets rooted. Melee closes and proceeds to thump the living daylights out of ranged character. Reverse roles. Ranged character fires at melee character. Usual "junk" goes on. Melee manages to close and thumps ranged character. Root procs. Melee character is now rooted next to ranged character. No difference. Ranged character still gets thumped good.

Even ranged vs ranged. Ranged 1 fires at ranged 2 and visa versa. Root procs on one or even both of them. One or both are in trouble.

The pets effects are HIGH-ly anti-ranged. There is no detriment to the melee classes at all. Only advantage. Even the perma-stealth builds will find this effect bad because they tend to rely a LOT on ranged attacks and mobility. Remove the mobility and they're sitting ducks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
    edited June 2014
    kaedennn wrote: »
    it's not changing it , its correct it , we all know that it is OP , it is not working as it is supposed to work as a bonus , it have a very short proc time.
    like this it's a balance breaking and a class destroyer.

Ohh dear, because in this game there is BALANCE?!?!? gwf go around smashing everything, and that's right. A player buy a pet, maybe the only pet with an interesting defensive mechanism (the rest of the pet are oneshotted at the start of the fight, so are useless), and you scream for a nerf.

Everywhere you look this game is broken, but no, it's more important nerfing a pet, pet that some people have paid for.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To be honest though, say tomorrow CWs got a pay4buff deal, allowing them to use a perma root spell, which had no cd, and ignored resistance, the whole forum would melt down. I'm sorry you blew your money, but you must have known it was too good to be true for very long...
    No idea what my toon is now.