Install Arc
Options

zen count going up in Zen/Astral Diamond Exchange

2»

Comments

• Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In my own humble opinion, any form of economy manipulation should be forbidden and the ones who abuse the system severely punished. Like i said before, if everybody stops buying from the market manipulators, it will teach them a lesson and maybe they learn that one does not play with money and / or other types of currencies.

• Options
    ryisnelly1ryisnelly1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i agree with you on that one :D
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    spacejew wrote: »

The AD value of one key is 62,500 at 500/1. (125 zen each
    Or 56,500 if you buy the 10-pack (112.5 zen each), and even less when there's a sale. I haven't seen a coupon for keys but I assume they do exist.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Or 56,500 if you buy the 10-pack (112.5 zen each), and even less when there's a sale. I haven't seen a coupon for keys but I assume they do exist.

They do. A guildie got a 40% off one.
  • Options
    drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Until PWE/Cryptic implement a reason or use to keep AD, people with Zen will have no reason to sell their Zen for AD.

The recent event was proof. The ZAX was pegged with over 1mil orders for 500AD/1 Zen. The event released and almost everyone removed their orders for Zen due to wanting their AD to buy eggs. And many Zen holders placed orders to buy up AD so they could buy more eggs until the event ended. Once over, many Zen holders removed their Zen from the system and are now holding it until the next AD-expensive event takes place or AD sink is released.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maybe it was a bad idea to begin with to allow players to resell ZEN....
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Maybe it was a bad idea to begin with to allow players to resell ZEN....

And then how would people be able to obtain ZEN by non-real-money means? That was kind of the intent of the exchange to begin with....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    And then how would people be able to obtain ZEN by non-real-money means? That was kind of the intent of the exchange to begin with....

I think he means that you shouldn't be able to sell the zen you have already bought previously with AD which causes mass inflation rapidly hence the term, "resell". I guess people are kind of sheep and are their own worst enemies making it bad for the rest of them. But I don't have a problem against people predicting the market to make money.
  • Options
    maroon89maroon89 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Another problem is that you can buy items in the zen store and turn around and list it on the AH for AD. This further concentrates wealth in the hands of a few who are willing to pay cash for zen or purchased zen with AD on the exchange when it was much cheaper.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    maroon89 wrote: »
    Another problem is that you can buy items in the zen store and turn around and list it on the AH for AD. This further concentrates wealth in the hands of a few who are willing to pay cash for zen or purchased zen with AD on the exchange when it was much cheaper.

You see a "problem" there, I see another chance for people who can't spend RL money to get nice things that RL money spenders can get from ZEN store.

Also, I don't see what is wrong in buying low and selling high, that's the only way people can get time limited event items if they miss the event. I like the fact that, also thanks to AH traders, I'm still able to get a Pig or Mimic companion way after the event has ended.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

I'd go with 56,500 = 1 key as the universal value at the current economic winds
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You see a "problem" there, I see another chance for people who can't spend RL money to get nice things that RL money spenders can get from ZEN store.

Also, I don't see what is wrong in buying low and selling high, that's the only way people can get time limited event items if they miss the event. I like the fact that, also thanks to AH traders, I'm still able to get a Pig or Mimic companion way after the event has ended.

The "problem" is that people sitting on a mountain of AD already play the market and buy up cheap stuff and relist it at higher prices to make more AD. That makes it tougher on you and me to buy things. Yeah, you can get a Pig for 110k now (summer event is coming soon tho) or a Mimic for 140K, used to be 80 or 90 tho.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    maroon89 wrote: »
    The "problem" is that people sitting on a mountain of AD already play the market and buy up cheap stuff and relist it at higher prices to make more AD. That makes it tougher on you and me to buy things. Yeah, you can get a Pig for 110k now (summer event is coming soon tho) or a Mimic for 140K, used to be 80 or 90 tho.

At those prices it's not worth complaining about.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i am starting to think "people" with "some" millions ADs are buying all the zen putting let's say offers for 100M ADs each time in order to keep the price high. "They" dont lose nothing, they can always sell them for 500ad/zen when they want but they are able to keep all the in market and AH items to they price they want.
    Why? Because the tarmalune drops rate is still the same and if they made wealth with the coalescents at 230k ADs they are still able to sell things like when the coals were 230k ADs. And this is possible just because the price in this moment for a zen coal is 500k.

"people" "some" "they" ....i m quite sure i can name at least 2 names you have seen in AH countless of time..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    At those prices it's not worth complaining about.

Thanks for proving my point. Let me guess, been around since about beta, eh. Let them eat cake....
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I think he means that you shouldn't be able to sell the zen you have already bought previously with AD which causes mass inflation rapidly hence the term, "resell". I guess people are kind of sheep and are their own worst enemies making it bad for the rest of them. But I don't have a problem against people predicting the market to make money.

It would happen anyway they could set it up. Ive seen different currency exchanges in diff games. They all were effected heavily by inflation of the ingame currency. Factoring there are always people who play these ingame economies heavily (I knew a few, everyday would buy low sell/high, everyday) The playerbase is always on a decline, and RL money spenders spend less and less after launch because they need/want less. This situation was inevitable.

They could of setup up a intermediate currency, but inflation would of caused it to rapidly rise anyways (its nice they have a ad/zen cap in this game).

AD is unlimited.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas