What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

comparing the profound - pvp balance

gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
so we got the new profound armors ok
lets see how those armors affect pvp balance now
cw profound - enhances tab really... not bad and boosts only one skill so good idea id say
dc profound - faster divinity and more healing ... pretty nice one of the best and maybe dc needed it but really makes some
of them unbeatable from 2-3 players so might need a revisit or not?
gf profound - more guard meter ... yes its needed since it goes away so fast , a good idea
gwf profound - deflect and slow .. ok not bad in general and not a game winner either just a minor boost
tr profound - more stealth and dmg from stealth... its so lol imo that wont even be replaced by black ice armor i bet
it allows trs to go perma stealth which is the only class ever in any mmo that can do this and still do damage
needs huge redesign to be balanced in pvp , even trs must have a small gap in their stealth so that opponents have a chance
hr profound - more speed and heal on deflect.... another lol armor that made the new uber class in pvp, hilarious since in melee mode i can go up to 45% deflect using the daily all the time, mobility and healing together, needs massive redesign

as you guessed i have all classes so i have no problem to play any of them but really some of the imbalance we see is the armors' fault and not so much the classes mechanics
so maybe the devs can help us out a bit here by rebalancing those or make them absolete by bringing new ones with new module but with different skill bonuses
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    What really makes the HR set OP is that it doesn't obey healing depression.

They're nerfing the set, and not only adding healing depression but also adding a chance to proc the bonus and an internal cooldown- basically making the bonus very bad.

The problem I have with nerfing the bonus into oblivion is HRs don't have any CC-immunity move besides dodge. I'm not sure we're going to be very viable after the nerf. There's a good reason we got a bonus focused on survival.

They've also stated that they're looking into how stealth works in the game, so you might get your wish on nerfing both these sets.

While you're talking OP sets though you should mention the tier 1 GWF set- it currently doesn't obey healing depression either.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    The chance of proc the heal bonus is already on: now is 75%, but overall the OPness of HR armor is a urban myth... a heal of max 800 hp (with a 40K HP bar.. or 400 as mine) every 4-5 hits are peanuts.

Peraphs is good agaist HR pathfinder weak dots or PF... remove the armor bonus and the HR pathfinders have more easy life against other HR builds.

So at the end is a buff for pathfinders with carefull attack/PF and a nerf for all other HR builds :)
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    The chance of proc the heal bonus is already on: now is 75%, but overall the OPness of HR armor is a urban myth... a heal of max 800 hp (with a 40K HP bar.. or 400 as mine) every 4-5 hits are peanuts.

Peraphs is good agaist HR pathfinder weak dots or PF... remove the armor bonus and the HR pathfinders have more easy life against other HR builds.

So at the end is a buff for pathfinders with carefull attack/PF and a nerf for all other HR builds :)

No it's definitely not peanuts. It helps out a lot with surviving. You probably won't notice it with 20k hp though (?!).

They're nerfing the chance to proc to 50%, and adding an internal cooldown on top of that. So much much fewer procs and when it does proc, it'll proc for half because of healing depression.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    MOD NOTICE

If you cannot make a post without insulting another poster, then please do not post it on these forums. The Rules of Conduct that you all agreed to when you created your forum accounts are still in force, and your privilege to post is extended contingent on your adherence to those rules.

All violating posts, as well as posts quoting those posts, have been removed to preserve thread continuity. In the future, please do not quote violating posts, but use the "Report Post" function to bring them to our attention.

First, last, and only warning being given in this thread. Do not respond to or reply to this notice, but send a PM if you have any questions.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Three things:
    1. The GF gets move speed and guard meter. It may seem like a little thing but when you are the only class without dodge or sprint it means a lot.
    2. I am always a little amazed that people think that the delfect/ heal is OP. That bonus was on the original Predator set. I know because it was the first T2 set I had. And for months I used it and nobody thought it was OP. Roots were OP. Admittedly there was no healing derpression or tenacity back then but as far as I can tell my GF's unstoppable recovery has no healing depresssion either.
    3. The plain fact is that they keep nerfing HR to ballance PVP which makes it harder and harder to be competitive in PVE. So more and more people roll a CW or GWF for PVE and re-spec their HR for PVP and just PVP with that toon. When you fight someone totally specced for PVP that only uses the toon exclusively for PVP you are likely going to get rolled.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is sad to witness leather/cloth/chain wearing classes with a higher survivability than the plate armor users.

• Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No it's definitely not peanuts. It helps out a lot with surviving. You probably won't notice it with 20k hp though (?!).

They're nerfing the chance to proc to 50%, and adding an internal cooldown on top of that. So much much fewer procs and when it does proc, it'll proc for half because of healing depression.
    I've been doing a little experimenting by going 2+2 rather than the full set. The difference is, well... profound. Much less survivability and particularly noticeable vs perma-bile TRs. Of course my tests are an extreme case as I'm getting no heal on deflect at all, but I think HRs ought to prepare to go looking for other survival options. Maybe the BI armours?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I've been doing a little experimenting by going 2+2 rather than the full set. The difference is, well... profound. Much less survivability and particularly noticeable vs perma-bile TRs. Of course my tests are an extreme case as I'm getting no heal on deflect at all, but I think HRs ought to prepare to go looking for other survival options. Maybe the BI armours?

I think the only alternative is going to be the BI sets. The purified enchants do proc some nice temp HP the few times I tried it in PVP.

I can't see the purified armor being viable with almost zero offensive stats, but then again I didn't figure out that combatant was the best profound set until going up against a few HRs wearing it and me in my Archer's set.

I'm thinking I will try the corrupted armor with two purified overflow enchants and the purified weapons. I'll probably end up getting it all just to try it. It's possible that an HR going for full purified everything could be harder to kill then ever...

It really depends on how often the effects proc. I noticed that the overflow enchants proc decently often at the very least. Can't test the rest for another 5 days.

I'll really miss the 20% movement speed though, even if it turns out I can still mitigate decent damage.

It's also going to be interesting to see how it shakes out for other classes, since they'll also have access to gear that can heal them.
  • Options
    greygusgreygus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Colon.... I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU 100%. I just made a gf to see what the heck is up with them sense I came back and wow it is really anoying how the gf is more squishy then most other classes
  • Options
    greygusgreygus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Colon.... I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU 100%. I just made a gf to see what the heck is up with them sense I came back and wow it is really anoying how the gf is more squishy then most other classes
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Been experimenting as well. The lessers proc fairly regularly and give 2k temporary, not sure on the greaters. I was thinking corrupt with purified weapons. I also have most of the purified off-set. Looks pretty tanky on paper...
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it is sad to witness leather/cloth/chain wearing classes with a higher survivability than the plate armor users.

qft........
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Been experimenting as well. The lessers proc fairly regularly and give 2k temporary, not sure on the greaters.

They have 1 min ICD and those temp HP are affected by HD, they're no that useful.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    jane111111111jane111111111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Glass Cannon TR here loves (YAY they have a little purple too, it's my favorite color) the new set's but does NOT misuse said sets for perma TR ( I am not a ran of them either) as this TR DOES NOT EXPLOIT. :D

I use 1/2 pro Scoundrel & 1/2 Skulker to keep it even I added the executioner main/off hand weapons.
    newgs.png
    I get for my STAT's - PVP 18%, I get less HP 22,648 however with the 1/2's I get 1,429 LS with 1,464 Def.
    My CS is 2,518 & ArPen is 1,958. Total GS = 13,777 not bad right? ;)

But with GF/GWF/CW I get prone a lot in PVP even though I can't always stealth to prevent death while prone I can at least fight when I am not prone or dead. Even so I still manage to be top of leader boards more often then not, even when we lose. Live & die for the point is my motto. ;)

See it's never fair; even if they balance one they can't balance them all. Just remember not all are going to exploit.

Proof I did a PVP match after my post here to show what non perma TR's can do, I helped team & let team mates take my kills even. We lost but as you can see I died for my point many times.
    How to post images remove spaces I added [shouldbelikethis] vs [ not like this ]
    [ img ] typeurlhere [ /img ]

my_old_sig_from_nw_forums_bigger.png
  • Options
    shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tr profound - more stealth and dmg from stealth... its so lol imo that wont even be replaced by black ice armor i bet
    it allows trs to go perma stealth which is the only class ever in any mmo that can do this and still do damage

You never actually played another mmo right ? Older and more high esteemed PVP -PK Based mmos have this feature .
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    when hr gets hit with df from stealth it actualy heals
    ITS THE ONLY CLASS IN MMOOOMMMOOOOO THAT CAN DO THAT AND STILL
    DO DMG
  • Options
    shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    when hr gets hit with df from stealth it actualy heals
    ITS THE ONLY CLASS IN MMOOOMMMOOOOO THAT CAN DO THAT AND STILL