test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power vs crit

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I'm not sure how are things as of now, how both stats scale, I'm currently playing a WK rogue and I'm not sure if I should try to stack power or Crit for enchants and equipment, what do you think is better as of now?
I think I've read around that with the changes on how power works it's better to stack power, is that correct? Or should I try to stack crit?
I hope you can help me. :)
also what enchantes do you people use in utility slots? movement? I don't see much utility in gold, exp or glory gain.
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    pve crit to 40% for wk (all the way to 50 for MI iirc) then power. Make sure your augmented pet is lvled and using quality gear to offset the stats you are low one. This is ofc if you have a vorpal. If not, i'd say 35% WK and stack power higher.

Really though, we out gear-score all pve sooooo much these days it's all a matter of personal taste and power setup imo. Crit lashes and DF for single target, Blitz for spread out aoe, daze or wicked for compact aoe, and one utility ability that helps with the encounter and placing yourself within combat advantage is very helpful.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Power is now calculated in a way that increase damage by a percentage whilst not suffering from diminishing returns (comparative tests done between a GF with 8K power at around 40% bonus damage and myself 4k power at around 20% bonus).

In this logic, stacking power may well net you more noticeable results due to critical strike's diminishing returns. Additionally, autocrit on certain attacks such as Disheartening bleeds and stealthed LB may compensate for the lack of crit.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the replies, also, in your opinión What would be a good t1 and t2 armor set to go with a whisperknife? Are still the pvp sets better? (I mostly pve though)shadewalker and máster assassin both give power as a set.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, also, in your opinión What would be a good t1 and t2 armor set to go with a whisperknife? Are still the pvp sets better? (I mostly pve though)shadewalker and máster assassin both give power as a set.

For PvE...how about the T1 version of Swashbuckling Captain set? No idea what'sitcalled. Master Assassin is my preferred T2 set, where if a Profound Executioner PvP set is available, I would do a two by two for the +463 crit bonus.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    swashbuckling gives recovery I think. the t1 version would be Elusive agent.
    AH, I could get 2 and 2 from different sets, for both power and critical, that's a good idea too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg