test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

determining foundry length

gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Foundry
I've authored my first quest and it's been played by a few people. When I tested it, it took 17-23 minutes to play, depending on class used. Others have told me that was their average real time speed also.When I went to look at the reviews, I noticed the game interface says average play time is 7 minutes. Do we need to make a foundry twice as long as it needs to be to get daily eligibility? If someone comes in and looks around then leaves, does that count as a play-through?
Post edited by gertrude4life on

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They have to finish the quest in order for their time to be counted in the average. It may be that they are skipping optional material, just jamming "1" or whatever to speed through dialogue. If you have puzzles repeat plays will bring your time down as the players know the solution already.

I think it is fairly common in the first foundry quest to underestimate time. With a little practice you'll get a better feel for it.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    True, This one was simple, so I could figure out the interface and making a quest that worked. The next ones will be much more involved. If this one is the only short one, I won't be too upset.
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    True, This one was simple, so I could figure out the interface and making a quest that worked. The next ones will be much more involved. If this one is the only short one, I won't be too upset.

Just bare in mind that if you 'can' skip content many players will. It's only really a problem if you want the daily availability. If you do, aim for the combat/traveling to take at least ten+ minutes. That way it will balance out at around 15 mins. If people repeat the quest that will also bring the time down.