test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Leader board

saulrosenbergsaulrosenberg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
So out of curiosity I took a look at the new leader board and added up all the leaders in the top 100 by class. What follows are the totals that I saw as of around 00:30 server last night.

TR: 36 out of 100 (4 in the top 20)
GWF: 35 out of 100 (tied with HR for most in top 20; 8)
HR: 22 out of 100 (tied with GWF for the most in the top 20; 8)
CW: 5 out of 100 - highest rank was #23 CW named Virus - fight the good fight buddy :)
DC: 2 out of 100

Now I can understand why there aren't more DC's and GF's as they are not primarily a damage class so kills don't come as easy; however only 5 CWs in the top 100?

I do realize that there is skill involved in attaining position and it cannot all be attributed to class; however statistically speaking (I ran a Chi-square test on the data, P<.0001) and I may have just lost some of you there, there is no way that there should be such a large separation in representation among 4 damage classes.

I know that the Devs have been saying that they are working on it, and I know they are working on the next expansion already; hopefully we won't have to wait that long.

On a side note, do any other CW's think that we should have our name changed to just....Wizard...seems like we can control each other fairly well...just those dang GWFs, TRs, and HRs which all can break out of our "control".

Anyway, done ranting....thanks for reading (if you made it this far)
Post edited by saulrosenberg on

Comments

• thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I do realize that there is skill involved in attaining position and it cannot all be attributed to class

I puked a little in my mouth.

Anyway maybe it's just too soon to get at the conclusions? Given the "strange" ELO and such.
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Nice and empirical
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    just those dang GWFs, TRs, and HRs which all can break out of our "control".

HR has no CC escape move or mechanic.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its not about skill, its about playstyle.

TR/HR/GWFs are pointholders and gets more points for the leaderboards than CW/DCs since the CW/DCs are running from point to point most of the time. The more time you spend on a point and contesting it the better rank you get.

Completly unfair ofc, but I dont except much from it. All they gonna say is "fight on point more" even tho its not always the best way for a CW/DC to win a match. Why would I stand on a point if I have a tank in my team doing that already? Why would I go on the point and get focused by a GWF/TR when I can stand a bit further away since Im a RANGED class?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    amvek wrote: »
    Leader board means nothing.

Losses in pvp can be avoided and I have seen quite a few of the players in the top 20 do it to avoid a loss and keep their place in the top 20!

I fought one of the HRs on the first page in the top 10, xxxxxxxxlapxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx He is a Pathfinder HR and we were in Dwarven Valley pvp domination area.

We had probably 5 of us including myself Tr/ GWF /another HR, and a CW ~ He had a TR straggling along with him. We all 5 of us tried to kill this HR for I'd say 10 mins and we could not do it! HE could escape and reheal back to full everytime to which point he started trolling chat talking about how great he was.

The leader board may not be up to standards or working perfectly, but it DOES speak volumes about those classes that reign supreme, and its because they are to powerful.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I fought one of the HRs on the first page in the top 10, xxxxxxxxlapxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx He is a Pathfinder HR and we were in Dwarven Valley pvp domination area.

We had probably 5 of us including myself Tr/ GWF /another HR, and a CW ~ He had a TR straggling along with him. We all 5 of us tried to kill this HR for I'd say 10 mins and we could not do it! HE could escape and reheal back to full everytime to which point he started trolling chat talking about how great he was.

The leader board may not be up to standards or working perfectly, but it DOES speak volumes about those classes that reign supreme, and its because they are to powerful.

You had two classes with range CC (and CW has icy roots which can't be dodged- totally unavoidable for the HR). Come on, that's on you guys.

In any case, TRs can escape and heal from 5 people and do it everyday.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • saulrosenbergsaulrosenberg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think you do not understand how leader board rank is calculated, it is a combination of wins/losses, kills/deaths and assists......it does not have the ability to take into account how long someone stood on a node. I believe you are confusing it for the domination SCOREBOARD....totally different.
    edited June 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Its not about skill, its about playstyle.

TR/HR/GWFs are pointholders and gets more points for the leaderboards than CW/DCs since the CW/DCs are running from point to point most of the time. The more time you spend on a point and contesting it the better rank you get.

Completly unfair ofc, but I dont except much from it. All they gonna say is "fight on point more" even tho its not always the best way for a CW/DC to win a match. Why would I stand on a point if I have a tank in my team doing that already? Why would I go on the point and get focused by a GWF/TR when I can stand a bit further away since Im a RANGED class?

So talking about leader board, not domination score board. Also, the leader board has no means to calculate "time spent on a node" it uses kills/deaths, wins/losses, and assists. You get nothing for planting on a point....not even in the domination score board.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So talking about leader board, not domination score board. Also, the leader board has no means to calculate "time spent on a node" it uses kills/deaths, wins/losses, and assists. You get nothing for planting on a point....not even in the domination score board.

"Well part of the issue is what you just said there: No class is not supposed to fight on the point. If you are not on the point you are only helping slightly more than if you were in the base.
    So yeah doing that will result in losses and drive your Elo and/or the Leaderboard Rankings down.

Try to get on the points as much as you can without dieing.
    That's yet another example of how two equally geared players are not equally skilled. Better DC's and CW's will always try to get on the points every second they safety can.

Other than that, yes classes will play a role. Game companies try to make classes as balanced as possible but it never is quite right which is why it's in such a flux at every module. The strong classes/builds will end up to the top and the underperformers will end up at the bottom.

/ambisinisterr ambisinisterr
    Community Moderator"

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?675881-PvP-Matchmaking-has-ANYONE-heard-ANYTHING-from-devs-about-making-this-work&p=8060801&viewfull=1#post8060801
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited June 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    "Well part of the issue is what you just said there: No class is not supposed to fight on the point. If you are not on the point you are only helping slightly more than if you were in the base.
    So yeah doing that will result in losses and drive your Elo and/or the Leaderboard Rankings down.

Try to get on the points as much as you can without dieing.
    That's yet another example of how two equally geared players are not equally skilled. Better DC's and CW's will always try to get on the points every second they safety can.

Other than that, yes classes will play a role. Game companies try to make classes as balanced as possible but it never is quite right which is why it's in such a flux at every module. The strong classes/builds will end up to the top and the underperformers will end up at the bottom.

/ambisinisterr ambisinisterr
    Community Moderator"

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?675881-PvP-Matchmaking-has-ANYONE-heard-ANYTHING-from-devs-about-making-this-work&p=8060801&viewfull=1#post8060801

I think you still fail to see the point. Do you honestly think that "globally" CWs don't stand on points? Of course we do, and then due to class balance we die when a GWF shows up; not so much because we can't kill them over the 45 seconds that the fight takes, but due to the fact that his help invariably arrives.

I direct you to my initial post; it is statistically impossible with the probability being less than 0.0001 that CWs are under-represented due to skill; you argument is though that we all have the same play style/build and GLOBALLY we don't stand on points, hence our under-representation on the leader board....is that what you are saying?
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    amvek wrote: »
    Losses in pvp can be avoided

This is all you need to know.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am a GF and will stay one even if my class is nerfed to oblivion lol, but in reality since the change I have gotten into the top 50 pages.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • blindnirvanablindnirvana Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014

why you got to say the name? that HR is nooby and admits to it. I doubt he implied how great he is, there's many HR's out there better then he is. Those 5 players were probably undergeared.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    GF: 0/100

LOL

But leaderboard are pretty dumb. Over half of the people in first 100 are scrubs that only stomp pug so they gain elo.
    edited June 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    I am a GF and will stay one even if my class is nerfed to oblivion lol, but in reality since the change I have gotten into the top 50 pages.

I can play a 10k gs toon and still hit top 50 pages...
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can play a 10k gs toon and still hit top 50 pages...

talk to me after 150 matches
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    All I can say is:

- my GWF and TR are way above my CW in leaderboard, even with pretty much same w/l and k/d ratios.
    - you cannot truly avoid losing matches; you can make it so the game does not appear on the history, yet you will take the loss and rank drop
    - as slush said, you can almost guarantee victory/high rank if you roll in 3 BiS GWF+ premades stomping pugs 99% of the time and destroying other premades based on comp
    - the "unkillable HR" is an urban myth; all that it took was 2 undergeared and badly specced GFs posting a video about their pathetic efforts in killing a BiS HR, and now the only class that keeps in check TRs and GWFs will get the nerfbat. If you couldn't kill 5vs1 a HR, maybe it's better to find another occupation than Neverwinter, this game might be too hard for you.
    edited June 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    talk to me after 150 matches

150 matches and you only make it to top 50 PAGES?

WOW, just WOW.
  • simpleosimpleo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not sure what staying on cap has to do with the leaderboard, but if i'm a ranged player, and i'm a few steps off the cap and removing other teams players that are on it doesn't that work about the same if my melee team mates are on it? The sooner the other team is off we get the points started. The leaderboard itself just doesn't seem well done unless you're on a premade. I don't see that the pug team maker is making it workable for anyone except those on premades to progress on the board. i don't understand how pugs are created but i can see that it has nothing to do with gear score and although gear score isn't everything its a number that can be used to pair players on teams. i don't mind being paired with 4 others below 10k but to have my stats based on that match just doesn't make sense. Add to that the lack of a penalty for leavers such as an instant loss, let those that want to keep their LB stats high an incentive to leave and protect their win/loss or kill/death ratio. I don't care which class is op at the moment just make it so the teams are balanced and they are matched to a similarly balanced team. That and make leaving an instant loss and a minimum something to gain points for pvp dailies to prevent afks for players doing their dailies.
    edited June 2014
    simpleo wrote: »
    Not sure what staying on cap has to do with the leaderboard, but if i'm a ranged player, and i'm a few steps off the cap and removing other teams players that are on it doesn't that work about the same if my melee team mates are on it? The sooner the other team is off we get the points started. The leaderboard itself just doesn't seem well done unless you're on a premade. I don't see that the pug team maker is making it workable for anyone except those on premades to progress on the board. i don't understand how pugs are created but i can see that it has nothing to do with gear score and although gear score isn't everything its a number that can be used to pair players on teams. i don't mind being paired with 4 others below 10k but to have my stats based on that match just doesn't make sense. Add to that the lack of a penalty for leavers such as an instant loss, let those that want to keep their LB stats high an incentive to leave and protect their win/loss or kill/death ratio. I don't care which class is op at the moment just make it so the teams are balanced and they are matched to a similarly balanced team. That and make leaving an instant loss and a minimum something to gain points for pvp dailies to prevent afks for players doing their dailies.

Nice idea but it won't work. If I am in a pug and someone DC's which happens about 15% of the time, I have to eat a loss? Also, there are players out there with multiple accounts that queue against their alts in the hopes that they will face them on the opposite team to hinder the other side. Not really worth the effort if you ask me, but it happens.
    edited June 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    This is all you need to know.

So then your theory is that only TRs, GWFs, and HRs know how to "avoid" the losses and CWs don't? Your statement has no logic.....if they are DC'ing...whatever to avoid the loss, that is class unspecific, so we should see CWs doing it as well. We don't, 3 out of 4 damage classes are still WAY over represented in the top 100 players and I would assume the pattern holds past the top 100 players to a point.
  • skylher12skylher12 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    personally i think you should put that those 36 tr's are all permastealth TR,,, I highly doubt any are combat/glass cannon.