test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR "Meditation" heals HRs to full HP

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I dont think this was intended but the 4/4 PVP set bonus gives HRs HP (Currently bugged and not affected by healing depression) everytime they deflect.

An HR in Meditation gets 100% deflect and this heals literally to full HP EVEN if all thats on them is a DOT....

Literally impossible to kill an HR 1v1 at all since they can effectively never die using this.

Can we get like an ICD (like what was done to Emblem) for this type of thing? Seems pretty broken to me that all these DOTs and ticks heal an HR (again not even affected by HD) to full HP... There is nothing you can even do - not attacking actually makes it worse LOL!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    First: gwf t1 is bugged too about the heal... but do you really think a bonus on a pvp set should be under healing depression?? So you nerf a pvp set in pvp? Doesnt make sense.
    Second: hr have a CHANCE to heal for each deflect....its not sure at all it will heal even 1 time like emblem was.
    More over...just dont attack him while meditating... he can do nothing too. Its not like emblem where they basically had 10 sec immunity while being able to attack.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    First: gwf t1 is bugged too about the heal... but do you really think a bonus on a pvp set should be under healing depression?? So you nerf a pvp set in pvp? Doesnt make sense.
    Second: hr have a CHANCE to heal for each deflect....its not sure at all it will heal even 1 time like emblem was.
    More over...just dont attack him while meditating... he can do nothing too. Its not like emblem where they basically had 10 sec immunity while being able to attack.

An ability that makes you immune to all damage/cc/control, that heals the most overpowered class in pvp to full hp is "all good" in your book?

Again... I ask, are you sane? What about that is ok? A guardian had a set to give them a power boost that made them hit hard, you guys whined to no tomorrow, it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now, we had a pve set that helped us out, no idea why but you whined about that, it's **** now. GWF's were really good, Cryptic tried to nerf them and they are amazing now, (it was bound to happen with their programming).

But listen, you do more damage, get more deflect, and better gear than any class. You are agile, overpowered in every single way. You do not need an ability to give you full hp dude... It is a complete joke. The idea that you even tried to defend it is absolutely hilarious.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

Yes the GWF T1 is broken too, but not at the same level as the HR pvp set. The T1 IMO slightly edges out the T2.5 PVP set which which isnt creating massive unbalance. I do run the T1 set because its BIS, if it was changed I wouldnt shed a tear and just equip full profound gear - no biggie at all.

And yes, if ALL healing is under HD it should be thats the point.

Second: eventhough its a chance, its a HIGH chance, and even little things like Dots can proc it. So say a TR flurries the HR, the HR then pops into Meditation it would be massive heals off the DOTs. Same with a GWF with plague and deep gash, its stupid.

Seems to me you dont have alot of experience with this is the fact you say dont attack them. That actually makes it worse because your DOTs do like 30-50 dmg a tick? so you do 50 dmg and they heal 2% of max hp? Thats like 700 a tick.... its a net gain where as if you do attack and your at will deals 1200-1500 damage or crits for like 3k, then its a net loss. Either way its pretty much the same as emblem.

What they really need to do is just give HRs a better set bonus thats not stupid like the current one. But since they wont, the only real fix is throw an ICD of 1 second on there. If it is intended to be a chance thing, then it shouldnt be proccing more than once per second.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    The Hunter Ranger PVP sets are currently providing far too much healing and some changes are coming to them.

1. They will now correctly obey Healing Depression.
    2. They will now have a 2 second ICD
    3. They will now have a 50% chance to trigger on a successful deflect (down from 75%).

I will also look at effects triggering it that are not damage, but that is a much deeper issue that will require more work. I do not have a direct timeline for this hitting live at this time, but keep your eyes peeled on preview for upcoming balance changes.
    edited June 2014
    The Hunter Ranger PVP sets are currently providing far too much healing and some changes are coming to them.

3. They will now have a 50% chance to trigger on a successful deflect (down from 75%).

I will also look at effects triggering it that are not damage, but that is a much deeper issue that will require more work. I do not have a direct timeline for this hitting live at this time, but keep your eyes peeled on preview for upcoming balance changes.

Thanks for the quick response!

Like mentioned above the GWF T1 set also ignores healing depression too.
    edited June 2014
    You have exerciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiised the demons. This house, is cleeyah.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response!

Like mentioned above the GWF T1 set also ignores healing depression too.

Good catch. That fix should also go in the same patch as the HR set changes. I will just make that obey Healing Depression and see how that feels first.

EDIT: Also found Unstoppable Recovery wasn't obeying healing depression. FIX'D!
    edited June 2014
    Ayroux, a SD replied to us! - That means he may have seen the Guardian Fighter ideas. There is a chance! After all those posts of GF's asking for love, he finally saw it! Even if nothing gets done, I am just so excited that one of them at least saw it. Mr. Crush, I salute you. I apologize for my crazy antics on the forums. It is solely for the crowd, and to possibly draw the attention of a dev. It may make me look bad, but hey, I've got plenty of friends in game. At the end of the day, you did the right thing!!! Woooo!

*whispers* bring my baby back Cryptic, my Guardian Fighter baby.
    edited June 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    Ayroux, a SD replied to us! - That means he may have seen the Guardian Fighter ideas. There is a chance! After all those posts of GF's asking for love, he finally saw it! Even if nothing gets done, I am just so excited that one of them at least saw it. Mr. Crush, I salute you. I apologize for my crazy antics on the forums. It is solely for the crowd, and to possibly draw the attention of a dev. It may make me look bad, but hey, I've got plenty of friends in game. At the end of the day, you did the right thing!!! Woooo!

*whispers* bring my baby back Cryptic, my Guardian Fighter baby.

Slightly off topic, but I already addressed this on the Preview Forums. Link to relevant post!
    edited June 2014
    Any ETA on this patch?
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Any ETA on this patch?

At this time I don't have any information on a timeline. Sorry!
    edited June 2014

Atleast we know its coming! Thanks Crush!
    edited June 2014
    None of those are relevant lol.

1. PVE.
    2. PVE - Except for the making block last longer. Honestly, just make it client side again with no delay, add another 50% to it and BOOM, block becomes a major asset.
    3 PVE/semi pvp - It doesn't matter if we can make our teammates baby Jesus Mr. Crush. We don't live long enough. Guard gets broken, we drop in seconds, even GF's who get 40+k HP, and blow through the soft caps on defense, while other classes get nearly twice our deflection with little to no effort in the stat while putting out CRAZY numbers.

- I get it, you guys are centered around PVE and that is cool, it's great. But pvp is where the kings are made. No one wants to watch a 4 cw speed run abusing more and more bugs. They want good PVP! - if you guys ever listened to the community in that regard it would blow up man! We've had two maps for over a year, two! Mod 1 Guardians were legit, but this is the 2nd straight mod we've been awful :/

I'm all for any changes of the sort, but I'm not entirely sure those 3 listed changes will make that big of a difference. The fact that you put a half second time on pulling our shield up literally killed us. It was the final straw this mod that put 90% of the best GF's on the shelf. I would post in your post and will, but I feel like a ton of people have and gotten no replies. :D so I did both.
    edited June 2014
    But again, thanks for at least replying to us Crush. That in itself is a victory :D
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please take a Look at this - State of Mod 3 Pvp & class balance

For further ideas Mr Crush

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    What about gf's buff as a tab ability? because they are 2 weak to me an encounter and hardly anyone uses it? having it as a tab ability could be a good balance
    And between why do you guys force us to stack defense? when in pvp people use high armor pen, plague fire, terror, torn ward to counter defense? While there isn't an enchantment or stack that counters deflection? deflection is far to strong in pvp and i am sure you guys realize this. You can't have a deflection chance stats without a counter for it. This really hinders pvp.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please keep the posts on topic, guys. Simply because a dev posts in a given thread does not give one license to post completely off topic requests in that thread.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes i always get the ironic laugh, when a HR just sits in front of me and i can't do anything to hurt him and he heals himself up, just imagine this in a real world fight, like if Robin Hood was sitting down and nobody could attack him, he can even have a cup of coffee.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Since GWF and HR both getting reasonable nerf.

Nerf TR stealth plz. It is just broken, no such thing as perma stealth should be allowed unless it is a daily,

Such a lame build and lame playstyle brings 0 fun to the PVP scene unless your whole goal is to annoy people.
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2014

Nerf TR stealth plz. It is just broken, no such thing as perma stealth should be allowed unless it is a daily,

Such a lame build and lame playstyle brings 0 fun to the PVP scene unless your whole goal is to annoy people.

Please keep the posts on topic, guys. Simply because a dev posts in a given thread does not give one license to post completely off topic requests in that thread.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    izidius wrote: »

They are all related, hence the title are about HR only anyway apparently the DEV is ok to expand the discussion area.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

That requires literally reworking the entire TR class; the changes to HR/GWF are small, specific things.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    This thread isn't even true- Meditation won't heal you to full from low health, and you can still damage an HR in it.

I just fought a TR today and used it and he duelist's flurried me, and basically it negated most of the heal even though I was getting so many heal procs off it.

Anyway, I wish there was some way to post a bug thread about GWF doing absolutely insane damage because it seems threads in this forum are the only way nerfs actually happen.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    sure why not nerf gwf/hr and now ppls ill cry over perma TR even more cause there ill be no counter to them.
    also unstoppable recovery shouldnt be affected by HD if u do it i reguest fix on incoming healing bonus HR feat aswell.
    Also, when do u guys fix swordmaster flourish??it doesnt benefit from armor penetration since mod 2, some improvements to SM tree would be great aswell like 200-300% dmg buff on Weapon Master Strike or speed up animation on Flourish and give it CC immunity right now the skill is so easy to cancel and takes too much time to cast it
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can i ask whether all healing feats and equipment set based on max hp % shall follow healing depression?? Then it will be another nerf to poor innocent cleric. We got nerfed everytime even it is not our fault.... If you took the last piece of wood from us, pls give us at least a stick. I hope to know abt this as soon as possible as this will affects cleric state in pvp, either be one of the bottom train or become the worst classes in pvp.

I know this may seems too OP to you devs, but kindly try remove Healing Depression from clerics heal, thank you.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Can i ask whether all healing feats and equipment set based on max hp % shall follow healing depression?? Then it will be another nerf to poor innocent cleric. We got nerfed everytime even it is not our fault.... If you took the last piece of wood from us, pls give us at least a stick. I hope to know abt this as soon as possible as this will affects cleric state in pvp, either be one of the bottom train or become the worst classes in pvp.

I know this may seems too OP to you devs, but kindly try remove Healing Depression from clerics heal, thank you.
    right we forgot about DC 4 set bonuses(MUWHAHAHAH)
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2014

That this set bonus now obeys HD is a good thing. The set bonus was really a bit too powerful. I like that.

BUT: The other changes are rendering this set bonus to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Pls reconsider the internal CD and the change of chance here.
    Pls dont do this to this set because of people whining or posting videos about two semi decent GF players with pve specc and r7 enchantments getting destroyed by a full specced pvp char stacked with r10, legendaries and perfects.

I provide some numbers:
    Current state:
    With 40k hp I heal 800 hp on every deflect with 75% chance = 600hp. No cooldown and triggered by many conditions like dots (the ones that can be deflected). This is a bit overpowered indeed.

State with HD:
    You nerf the set bonus for 50%, healing me with each deflect for 400hp (75% chance)= 300hp effective with a successful deflect. No dot or ither stuff should trigger the set bonus.
    With my bis-gear I can get close to 40% deflect (but only melee stance), otherwise 30% = 35% average deflect chance.
    Now, lets assume, I get attacked 10 times within 10 seconds. I deflect three of these attacks, with HD healing me with the set bonus for 900 hp overall.
    900hp within 10 seconds and only, if I get attacked and hit. And that with r10s, 40% deflect chance and 40k hp.
    How many HRs reach these numbers? And even with the best gear u can ever achieve, I heal only 900hp in 10 seconds. If i get ganked and attacked 20 times in 10 seconds, I still heal only for about 1800hp, but pls realize, I am getting hit 20 times!!

Now the state with the planned upcoming changes:
    I get attacked 10 times within 10 seconds. I deflect three of them, and with each deflect I have 50% chance to activate the setbonus = 200hp effective heal per deflect = 600 hp over 10 seconds. Now THE IMPORTANT PART AND THE MOST DRASTIC CHANGE: the ICD of this effect will prevent at least (I am estimating here) 30-40% of this effect even further because attacks in pvp are not constant but come in waves of short periods (three encounters can be easily cast within 3 seconds). Its not pve, its pvp and all about burst dmg, not dps. Thats why every ability that gets an ICD after its initial implementation can be considered an extreme nerf. (See emblem, before, it was stupidly op, no question. But with the ICD, its garbage. It really is! and I roll my eyes everytime I see someone activating it. )
    So with upcoming changes u heal with ultimate bis-gear 350-400 hp over 10 seconds. And the requierement for this heal is YOU HAVE TO GET HIT to recieve the heal.

More data? Here it comes.
    Lets assume the average, ambitious pvp player. He has r7-r8s and epic artefacts. Lets assume, because the set bonus is always the same for each kind of HR pvp set, he has 30k hp, 30% effective deflect chance.
    The outcome with above calculation in this case with upcoming change:
    The average HR with this set will heal 157hp within 10 seconds, BUT ONLY if he recieves 10 hits.
    Remember: we are speaking of a t2.5 armor set, the best pvp set u can achieve.

Conclusion: Fixing the set (its actually not a nerf but a fix) is a good thing. It already reduces the effectiveness of the set per definition of about 50%. The fix that it doesnt trigger from dots and stuff is also very welcomed.
    But dont lower the chance and FOR TYMORAS SAKE dont install an ICD because it renders the healing effect useless. See the calculation.
    If u really implement this just delete the heal effect. Because its underpowered as hell but many players wont even get it because they dont know how ICDs work with additional RNGs. For them it sounds good but its actually very bad.

(Some will say, despite all the provided data, that I just dont want my build get nerfed. But for me, I dont care. I have already black ice for eternity, Ice gear ready for empowerement and millions of AD and tens of thousands of ZEN. I just move on to another build that fits my playstyle and I will still beat up two pve GFs. But what about the average player now stuck with a useless set which he grinded for? Remember pls, we are talking about profound gear that costs 100000 glory and many victories. Profound gear of other classes has things like "7,5% deflect and inherent cc with each encounter" or "7,5% more dmg and 30% cd-reduction of best power". And HR gets "You heal 157hp over 10 seconds but u have to be hit over 10 times to profit from this". No. Just no!

Thank u very much for reading :-)
    edited June 2014

Since the GWF feats are mentioned in this patch
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?681901-Curse-of-Icewind-Dale-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140528a-2

Is it safe to assume this is when the HD on the gear sets will also go live? It doesnt specifically mention them but we all have seen too many times to count where things are fixed that are not mentioned?
  • domjotdomjot Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014

What I don't get is why change so much at once.
    Wouldn't the fix to healing depression be enough that's 50% reduction right there.
    But the other two seem a bit drastic, wouldn't it be better to see how one change worked at a time, not 3 at once.
    You may find the 50% reduction is all that was needed to properly bring this set into line.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    domjot wrote: »
    What I don't get is why change so much at once.
    Wouldn't the fix to healing depression be enough that's 50% reduction right there.
    But the other two seem a bit drastic, wouldn't it be better to see how one change worked at a time, not 3 at once.
    You may find the 50% reduction is all that was needed to properly bring this set into line.

Nope. 2 GFs hitting for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in some video couldn't beat a BIS gear HR. Nerf the set into oblivion.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF