test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Information about PW's NW servers, its latency, and what's being done about it.

dingleberrytruthdingleberrytruth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So, let's not kid ourselves. This game is laggy. For all intent, I'm refering to the data being exchanged with the NW server.
Rubberbanding. More than ever before.

Instead of us having to provide examples and such, I am curious.

Are dev/cms aware of the situation? Because if asked to state examples, I'd be doubtful of the former question. If the answer is yes, what exactly is being done about it? Maybe 'exactly' is too much to ask for, but when.

It's a straightforward post, no flowery decorations nor kind words considering what PW has served us very recently. But in return for our coin, is it too much to ask for a semblance of a decent latency?

I'd really like to know when.
Post edited by dingleberrytruth on

Comments

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, let's not kid ourselves. This game is laggy. For all intent, I'm refering to the data being exchanged with the NW server.

Are dev/cms aware of the situation? Because if asked to state examples, I'd be doubtful of the former question. If the answer is yes, what exactly is being done about it? Maybe 'exactly' is too much to ask for, but when.

It's a straightforward post, no flowery decorations nor kind words considering what PW has served us very recently. But in return for our coin, is it too much to ask for a semblance of a decent latency?

The non-lag option will be added to the zen store shortly! I joke of course. But I agree, I've never had lag in this game before, but with this last module it's getting to the point I'm actually dropping connection. Might just be an influx of players coming back for the new module but it does need to be addressed.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Um, really? It's not laggy for me at all. (Even in Icewind Dale).
    I have pretty rarely seen it get a teeny bit laggy if there are dozens of people all in one spot -- but even then it's very rare.

So, I don't think it's the NW servers.

Perhaps a traceroute might enlighten you as to the actual bottleneck of your lag.
    I'm sure there are at least a dozen server hops between your client and the NW server.
    Blindly blaming the very last server in the chain is worthless. Prove it.
  • dingleberrytruthdingleberrytruth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Um, really? It's not laggy for me at all. (Even in Icewind Dale).
    I have pretty rarely seen it get a teeny bit laggy if there are dozens of people all in one spot -- but even then it's very rare.

So, I don't think it's the NW servers.

Perhaps a traceroute might enlighten you as to the actual bottleneck of your lag.
    I'm sure there are at least a dozen server hops between your client and the NW server.
    Blindly blaming the very last server in the chain is worthless. Prove it.

Your post suggests blind assumptions on my end. Likewise, you assume blindly that I've not done my eliminations. Reflect on that.

Rubberbanding is not solely reliant on 'laaaaag'. It may also be the result of lost packets. A trace route will show ping through its hops. So long as the numbers are consistent and within range of the previous hop and test, you can only conclude not 100%, but make a reasonable assumption that it isn't the route map at issue here.

In guild wars 2, certain skills or classes are unfairly gimped by reason of bandwidth limitations (as stated by the devs themselves). Such as reducing the interval of dot damage or overwriting of dots despite being from different sources. One can also infer bandwidth caps are placed on each character in game. In an action MMO where even more data is exchanged between client and server compared to traditional clickers, bandwidth caps can also cause rubberbanding. Is this the case here? I do not know and definitely not my intent to lead this thread down assumptions and eventual venting. I'd just like to know why or when from source.

So, rather than teetering off the edge of hypocrisy, this isn't the thread to prove your know how or intellectual superiority over others who have an issue with the game and I reply in kind with your tone of words. Move along.