test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Focused Destroyer feat

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
After testing the dps with/without Focused Destoyer i realized that it is an 42!% dmg increase on ibs with 3 stacks.
I'm not sure how excatly the feat works but it should be 11,5% instead of 42%.
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Feats: Executioner's Strike: Indomitable Battle Strike now deals a bonus 6/12/18/24/30% bonus damage as the target's health diminishes (up from 2/3/6/8/10%).

11.5 + 30 = ..?

• xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    11.5 + 30 = ..?

It's NOT including any ibs feats!
    Its all from the tooltip dmg itself and ATC logs.

All of the tests were against 100% hp targets.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oww, then it really seems bugged. Nice find.

• xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Takedown deals 20939 (13330) Physical Damage to Rhodamine.
    Thats with my 8k gs gwf NO enchants!
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm surprised it took this long for someone to notice and report on it since its so easy to test; Since a report is already made, I'll just copy+paste what I typed ~2 weeks ago.
    The Destroyer class feature is majorly bugged in a beneficial way to the GWF. At 0 gear score with no feats, ability score points, or anything else other than some power points put to use to get Destroyer to rank 3 and wicked strike and the campfire buff, I'm getting a +29% damage boost at 3 stacks instead of +12%.

At 0 stacks: 8VT2I.jpg
    At 1 stack (+8.8% damage): 8VSOM.jpg
    At 2 stacks (+18.9% damage): 8VSVl.jpg
    At 3 stacks (+29.1% damage): 8VT0f.jpg

You get the idea. This was done in preview so I would not have to spend any AD to respec everything, but its showing the same on live when I'm fully geared up and feated as a Destroyer (I can get ~42.4% damage increase at 3 stacks).
    Some example numbers for Live on my fully specced GWF are here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?669431-GWF-records&p=7963041&viewfull=1#post7963041

The main reason I didn't just make an open bug report about it was because of the hunt out for the GWF's head at the moment; its just adding fuel to the fire. So, its honestly not the feat causing the extreme damage boost, its the class feature. The feat only adds ~13.3% (which is still higher than the intended 10.5%, but not nearly as bad as you think).
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    feedback topic, old gear, BEFORE focused destroyer jump from 2.5 to 3.5.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635191-Official-Feedback-Thread-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Changes/page12

as I said in another topic; return to "denounce" the steel blitz.

ps:the" focuse"d potentiate the had already been cut. before it was greater than 40% (module 2, 29.5).
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    There is indeed a bug in the math for Destroyer's Purpose. It appears to be giving 2^(stacks) rather than 2*(stacks) damage bonus, which is in error. I believe I have a fix for this and it should hopefully reach live decently soon.
    edited June 2014
    if the projection was for the class is "x" and I had already shown that this miscalculation (or saw it and thought it was insufficient or simply ignored) why you give the other buffs?

what is supposed to swordmaster do when a all problems arising in the iv/pvp bring +1 nerf to this class?
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    There is indeed a bug in the math for Destroyer's Purpose. It appears to be giving 2^(stacks) rather than 2*(stacks) damage bonus, which is in error. I believe I have a fix for this and it should hopefully reach live decently soon.
    any chance on fixing gwf swordmaster skill Flourish?since mod 2 came out the skill doesnt benefit from armor penetration
    this has been reported uncountable amount of times.
    edited June 2014
    For the record, now in the first page, for everyone to see:

ibs_zps0af912b9.jpg

this is the base damage and this is where I can play my ibs using only feets / destroyer powers (can by for more, but as already said relentlessly, the slam was ruined in module1).

can destroy the gwf again; this is only a game. but you can not escape the truth: "you either knew and ignored or you simply ignored"

ps:+300% in damages (wms).. this is necessary to match the cw.
  • mantatermantater Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
    Please don't try to fix something. You might break a door somewhere.
    edited June 2014
    Everybody is saying a bug with focused destroyer feat, although somebody pointed out its the class feature thats bugged and not the feat. Then a dev gets on and says its destroyers purpose...an entirely different feat than what was originally brought. Did the dev mention the wrong feat? If he didn't then we got 2 bugs that are going to get fixed. My god the damage on my GWF is going to go down, and not by just a little.

Glad you picked up on that :).
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    First they said that GWF dmg is good in comparison with the CW due to their reworks and they were satisfied. Now, they agree that there's something wrong with the feat and a "fix" will be applied soon.

I'm scared every time they mention the work "fix" means everything except the word itself.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited June 2014
    First they said that GWF dmg is good in comparison with the CW due to their reworks and they were satisfied. Now, they agree that there's something wrong with the feat and a "fix" will be applied soon.

I'm scared every time they mention the work "fix" means everything except the word itself.

In this case, its not the feat that is bugged, its the actual class feature itself. The feat adds ~13% damage to Destroyer while the class feature by itself gives +29% damage. Sure, the feat is giving more than the advertised +10.5%, but its also interacting with a bugged ability so its numbers might off.
    edited June 2014
    Edit

Misunderstood this is just about the one feat.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have been keeping up with and in most cases beating out CW's. But if both the dev and players are right on this thread, fixing these 2 bugs will absolutely wreck the damage I am seeing right now. I better not see any more QQ about GWF's after these buggs are fixed.

Same here, I'm glad with the changes that they made in order to fix the DG, it is still possible to outdps a good geared CW but seems like this is completely wrong, it's time to "fix" the GWF. PvE = full of CWs, PvP = full of HRs.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited June 2014
    The destroyer stacks are seperate from the focused destroyer stacks. We only get 1% more damage from each focused destroyer stack.

You're right. Even though my math was off my point was you have to add everything to get that bonus which isn't that far off. So if this is just about focused destroyer.

Ok lets test with just focused destroyer.

5HgR80h.png

7kyiGOr.png

6000 -> 8000 is 25% increase

The feat says it gives 3.5% at 5/5, and the class feature itself gives 2% so it should be 16.5?

Now is power factoring into this? not sure how I could test this with no power even naked with just my sword i'm getting a 14% damage increase from power

Not to mention other feats giving me 6% for encounters and the bonus damage i get from strength and the feat for that. Unless there is a way to isolate just this feat from all outside factors...
    edited June 2014
    I dismissed this at first, but once I thought about it this doesnt make sense. I thought destroyers purpose just gave a flat 1% damage bonus for every 1 stack up to a maximum of 20 for a total increase of 20% damage. When did a multiplicative effect come into place?

Learn thy enemy.
    a97fb4f348.jpg

2% per stack for a total of 40%.
    edited June 2014
    So that is a 42% increase in damage which I believe goes with what everybody is saying, at least with that one feat/class feature. So unless I am missing something you have said, are you agreeing with them? I would like to know if you have a counter argument.

I wouldn't say it's an argument at all. Just trying to figure it out. Even if you take the high end of the damage shown, I don't think it's 42% entirely from the feat alone, because there are other things boosting the damage.

Unless we can test without strength or power. At 25 str its a 15% damage bonus. Even at 2k power it is a 14% damage bonus, so already you have 30%
    edited June 2014
    mantater wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's an argument at all. Just trying to figure it out. Even if you take the high end of the damage shown, I don't think it's 42% entirely from the feat alone, because there are other things boosting the damage.

Unless we can test without strength or power. At 25 str its a 15% damage bonus. Even at 2k power it is a 14% damage bonus, so already you have 30%

Did you not read the first post I made in this thread? I stripped naked to 0 gs, 0 feats, base ability score, 0 boons and I got a +29% damage increase from Destroyer with all 3 stacks. The feat itself isn't necessarily bugged, its the class feature itself. The images that mantater showed are showing EXACTLY the damage increase that my GWF is getting on live (who is fully feated and geared) when I did quick number checking (0.0X% difference going off of memory). Two separate toons showing essentially the same damage increase; stats might be similar but I doubt they will be exactly the same.

Also, tooltips will reflect any power/strength/etc. boosts already. All you have to do it take the number when you ONLY apply the buff you want to test and the number without the buff. The % increase stays the same even if you turn your ioun stone off or on, so power does nothing to the tests.

Edit2: Scratch my first edit.

Edit3: Have to kind of point this out...
    mantater wrote: »
    6000 -> 8000 is 25% increase
    6000*1.25 = 7500
    6000 -> 7500 = 25% increase

8000/6000 = 1.33333333 = 33% increase
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    The bug you are seeing with Destroyer is a tooltip error. One of the changes in M3 is that it grants 3% increased damage per rank rather than 1%. Therefore with the feat and R3 you get 12.5% per stack, which should add up to 37.5% total damage bonus when fully stacked. However this class feature is also doing a a multiplicative bonus per stack, meaning the total damage bonus is actually (1.125 * 1.125 * 1.125) or 42.3% which is a bug. I am fixing this as well. The net change of these fixes will be about 8% less damage from Destroyer's Purpose and about 5% less from Destroyer. This will put them right where they were intended performance wise.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The bug you are seeing with Destroyer is a tooltip error. One of the changes in M3 is that it grants 3% increased damage per rank rather than 1%. Therefore with the feat and R3 you get 12.5% per stack, which should add up to 37.5% total damage bonus when fully stacked. However this class feature is also doing a a multiplicative bonus per stack, meaning the total damage bonus is actually (1.125 * 1.125 * 1.125) or 42.3% which is a bug. I am fixing this as well. The net change of these fixes will be about 8% less damage from Destroyer's Purpose and about 5% less from Destroyer. This will put them right where they were intended performance wise.

So they will still be OP after they get fixed? 13% lesser damage on 20k IBS is not much.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    So they will still be OP after they get fixed? 13% lesser damage on 20k IBS is not much.

this.
    so i will still see 13k takedown and 9k thretening rush? why not give them stealth and ibs 100% crit like lashing blade?

i dont want to flame, just saying