Install Arc
Options

use and abuse of Careful Attack from HRs

2»

Comments

• Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree with syn100, let's focus on bringing the CW/DC/GF up to speed and stop the GWF/HR whining. Roar is being fixed so there's no point in further discussing it. HR is in a good spot as a class that can set the bar for where all classes should be, after the Roar fix GWF will be in this spot as well. I feel TR meta-game will evolve away from perma and towards combat/damage and will be in a good spot once they master that (and you know they will). Until then, I think we should be starting up constructive buff threads instead of whiney nerf threads.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Forest Meditation has been like that since the class launched. Have people only just noticed?

Wait till you see an HR with Fey Thistle using it in the middle of combat.

I noticed a while back, it's just becoming more widespread with the increase prevalence of people using dot enchants. Wasn't a issue with mod 2 since nearly everyone was using vorpal.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    There is currently a bug with HR's and greater plague fire, where it gives Unlimited amount of ticks/stacks of the new ability, when its only supposed to be 1 or 2 at best.
  • Options
    znudenejznudenej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is currently a bug with HR's and greater plague fire, where it gives Unlimited amount of ticks/stacks of the new ability, when its only supposed to be 1 or 2 at best.

Are you even reading thread in which you post?

Anyway whole thread is just provocation from schweifer1982 because ''use and abuse of roar skill from GWFs'' thread.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    I noticed a while back, it's just becoming more widespread with the increase prevalence of people using dot enchants. Wasn't a issue with mod 2 since nearly everyone was using vorpal.

Nothing about a weapon enchant has any effect on forest meditation.

If you see an HR using forest meditation, just stop attacking them.

In any case, it's not a reliable invulnerability/full-heal, so I wouldn't use it. Might be funny to use against a TR using duelist's flurry though.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Is this some kind of retaliation topic for Roar lol?

40-50K is a HUGE exaggeration. If you are to report bugs please try at least to be less GWF-sided and anti-everything else.

People in this forum should take a crash course in honesty.

Stop being so defensive. This is a legitimate bug (at least I assume it's a bug). I've seen it as well but I wasn't sure how it was working.

I actually have a general huge issue with how damage enchants affect stacking buffs and skills across all classes, including the GWF (I think plaguefire stacking destroyers purpose is complete bull****). I don't see how this is any different.
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Since there seems to be some confusion over what's happening with this build, here is my typical rotation:

Thorn Ward (DOT + debuff)
    -Stance Change (Melee)-
    Careful Attack (DOT + debuff)
    Aimed Strike (dmg + DOT)
    Fox Shift (dmg)
    Steel Breeze (dmg + stamina gain)
    Thorn Strike
    -Stance Change (Ranged)-
    Dodge around sniping with At-Wills/Constricting Arrow until Thorn Ward is up again

Rinse and repeat.

What makes this effective is lots of DOTs ticking and lots of debuffs. No magic. No game-breaking bugs/exploits. Just simple game mechanics similar to what happens when a Thaum MoF CW unloads a full rotation on you.

Your template is one the weakest HR pathfinder/stormwarden template that is possible building (the only more weak is dont putting nothing is the encounter slots): no CC, no heal, no damage, no survival, zero effect against ranged

There are only three possible explanations:
    a) u are a idiot (and a moron) that play in a premade with others 3-4 GWFs (probable destroyers with roar) and/or 1 DC and the pathfinder serves only for debuffs and burning a little the enemy team in a node.
    b) u are a idiot that play PvP with a PvE template with exploits
    c) u are a idiot true and simple

what kind of idiot are you: a, b or c?
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Stop being so defensive. This is a legitimate bug (at least I assume it's a bug). I've seen it as well but I wasn't sure how it was working.
    There is no bug. Plaguefire does NOT affect the duration of Careful Attack. Under certain circumstances you MIGHT get a few additional stacks of Plaguefire from CA hits.

People are complaining about stuff they don't understand and haven't bothered researching.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    <yada, yada, yada>
    You still here? I thought you'd be off somewhere 'fondling your bow'.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    I feel TR meta-game will evolve away from perma and towards combat/damage and will be in a good spot once they master that (and you know they will).

Already happened. Permas depended heavily on SE and large stacks of bile which has recently been nerfed. Combat TRs are now the only viable route but they are inferior to GWFs and HRs. No, there is no workaround without some type of buffing or nerfing on the reverse end.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

I actually have a general huge issue with how damage enchants affect stacking buffs and skills across all classes, including the GWF (I think plaguefire stacking destroyers purpose is complete bull****). I don't see how this is any different.

It's not a bug though. Plaguefire grants you 1 or 2 extra procs of careful attack. You're talking about 1-2k damage.

I'm not being defensive, this thread is clearly backlash against the roar thread.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    LOL at this thread!
    Schweifer is just angry because his fenzy gear doesnt help him in pvp :D
    Now he trolls this forum with this thread as a parody of another thread.

Then we have this sync guy. Insulting people, talking trash and so full of himself… its really funny :-P… if it werent so sad. I guess soldiers are very lonly and some compensate their doing with attention seeking.
    But for the big warrior he claims to be he is actually just a coward because even he knows he cant beat a properly played HR with his glass canon build (still waiting for your pm to accept my challenge. And because u see numbers as an expression for skill and take leaderboard serious (lol), I am on page 1^^… pugging 80% of the time)

Can we pls close this troll thread?
  • Options
    saltalankissaltalankis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    HR Dots and debufs should be nerfed.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    LOL at this thread!
    Schweifer is just angry because his fenzy gear doesnt help him in pvp :D
    Now he trolls this forum with this thread as a parody of another thread.

Then we have this sync guy. Insulting people, talking trash and so full of himself… its really funny :-P… if it werent so sad. I guess soldiers are very lonly and some compensate their doing with attention seeking.
    But for the big warrior he claims to be he is actually just a coward because even he knows he cant beat a properly played HR with his glass canon build (still waiting for your pm to accept my challenge. And because u see numbers as an expression for skill and take leaderboard serious (lol), I am on page 1^^… pugging 80% of the time)

Can we pls close this troll thread?

ahahah... You are right... PST (or methal desorder) is now a inseparable friend of all modern soldiers (need a modulo 6 rotation for restore training/body/menthal stability... modulo 6 means: 6 mounths (MAX) of deployemnt every 3 years... armies that use module 4 or more long period of deployment as USA or Canada have alot of more menthal issues and a very very high rate od suicide, alcool and drug abuse.

and mine play as RPG for give also discussion arguments.

Im in real a really nice guy, also if my soldiers call me the Iron colonel... and the full of myself is my abitual method (I need to seem them a strong rock in the middle of the storm, the light in the night) for raise up the standards of my soldiers... put them (and also you) in a positive competion and is the old as the world "stick and carrot" variant... is as I say "I know that u can do better, show me that" (bothin real life and in game).

Im a troll? no... I give a bit of more life to discussion forum, I think so... and I generate positive hate, positive talks and challenges in funny mode:)

BTW I already receive some warnings from moderators for my military talk so better avoid them or use only a little and in sweet mode ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The Thorn Ward debuff has been around since the class launched. Funny how it's suddenly become 'OP'. Careful Attack is NOT a debuff - it's just additional damage ticks IF the target gets hit by another attack and can't trigger more often that once every 1.5 seconds.

All that's happened is that HRs have stopped using the old 'OP' build (because of nerfs to Split Shot, Fox Shift, and Stormstep Action) and found a new build that works with the changes to the powers.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yesterday in the afternoon I estabilsh (I think) a new my little record... enter in Grim PvP when left only 2 minutes: after take the fisrt base I was the last in the line that headed to the next base.

2 Pathfinders attack me and dismount from the horse with a costrict Arrow... in 30 seconds kill both the 2 "neon" pathfinders.. and the end remain with barelly 1/5 of HP bar... a TR start attack me, the heal spot was to far in front me and behind the TR... 180° rotation ... use marauder escape for move forward... land on the heal spot.. oakskin.. full HP bar... 20 seconds for kill the TR.

The grim match end with only 4/0 deaths, 3 from Syncro 1 by another guy in my team... I make the triple of the kills of all others 19 (or 39 if I include the enemy team) guys togheter ... and miracle, the Coirsairs also won the match ;)

PS: Buff those OP pathfinders... plz, they are not really competive and a challenge

Pathfinders are a specialized HR build strong vs melee (good for contras full melee premade), but very weak against others HRs with oakskin and classes that can heal they dot or ranged that can overbit they low ranged dmg.

and HRs have a bane in child CC from CW (not in the CW "di per se")... child/daze any build of HRs and u see as is squenzy the class and fast to die... dont mention that the worst adversary of HR is another HR (reciprocal negate the use of aimed shot and the dmg output drop to the bottom)... paper, rock, scissor rulez at the work.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pls archery HRs are just bad...want to try in open pvp simulating a node contesting?