test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF fails in Icewind Dale

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I've kept up with the GF posts about the GF not being valued in PvE groups, Block meter insufficient. And a host of threads that are wah wah cry cry this class is better than me so it should be nerfed cuz I get owned in PvP.

What I see very little off is peopel talking about the soloing potential of the GF. I only use my own GF to solo with now that icewind dale is out, and even with full dread legion set, timeless and knights captains set my GF is easily the most difficult class to solo with in Icewind dale than any of the others. Even my DC kills faster than the GF and survives better with lesser gear.

Basically my view is both the GF's damage and defenses are lacking. There are many ways to address this issue. But instead of focusing on PvE or PvP boosts the class needs a boost to it's base stats.

Along the lines of upping weapon damage. Increasing the defenses a GF gets from stats or giving them a crit stat. Removing a GF soft cap on the defense stat ect...

Just putting this out there as the devs have there hands full on fixing the GF, they at least got 1/3rd of GWF's vworkign well with the destroyer tree. Hopefully we see a better effort on GF's.
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    GF sucks in Icewind PVP lol.

The whole shield mechanic has turned into a major fail.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe you need to contact a GF named Markus (can't remember his handle)

He will show you how OP'd GF can be in OPVP :D
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GF fails in Icewind Dale

No it doesn't.
    With right rotation and a bit of knowledge about your enemies skills you can kill anything with similar gear except maybe HR
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GF doesn't fail the developers of this game fail the GF in IWD! its an absolute travesty where they left the GF and gave the GWf an arsenal of ridiculously Overpowered abilities to do everything that other classes were meant too.

I think Ghostcrawler left WoW and joined cryptic and like WoW this to will perish because of it!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited May 2014
    No it doesn't.
    With right rotation and a bit of knowledge about your enemies skills you can kill anything with similar gear except maybe HR

You are correct, however a GF takes 4 times as long to kill things whilst cloth wearers do it in 15 seconds and maybe.... Maybe get hit once during it!

Its dumb, and broken and if its not fixed this guy is moving to another game.

edited May 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I believe you need to contact a GF named Markus (can't remember his handle)

He will show you how OP'd GF can be in OPVP :D

Yea against pugs not using team work and wearing 10k gear score!

edited May 2014
    Yea against pugs not using team work and wearing 10k gear score!
    It's not like I've never played a guardian fighter before posting that message >.>
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    GF doesn't fail the developers of this game fail the GF in IWD! its an absolute travesty where they left the GF and gave the GWf an arsenal of ridiculously Overpowered abilities to do everything that other classes were meant too.

I think Ghostcrawler left WoW and joined cryptic and like WoW this to will perish because of it!
    thread about GF and what!
    here comes the bobo and QQ about GWF.
    edited May 2014
    thread about GF and what!
    here comes the bobo and QQ about GWF.

And here comes the GWf kiddies to defend their OP class!

edited May 2014
    It's not like I've never played a guardian fighter before posting that message >.>

Understood but go play one now! Against a competent team and let me know your results?

• cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    And here comes the GWf kiddies to defend their OP class!
    i play all classes and all of them are OP in their own way
    go play ur 27k hp CW and then come here and cry me a river how u got roflstomped
    edited May 2014
    i play all classes and all of them are OP in their own way
    go play ur 27k hp CW and then come here and cry me a river how u got roflstomped

first of all gateway don't show all buffs, secondly I've not complained on behalf of my CW but more so of my GF, anytime you wanna go toe to toe with me albeit an overgeared GWF let me know!

• aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    :))) I have a GF 14.5k GS PVE gear: I use timeless full set. enchants: rank 7 max and IWD mobs aren t such a huge problem the only problem comes when u try to kill them cause it takes u like 5 min, if u can hold the dmg try a respec maybe or use a stone (Ioun) :) But here it s only one problem I didn t done Kensell's, so I don t know how it will act there and I don t have the gear to do it now. So if u cry cause u can t take dmg than leave it...

So in PVP: the GF lacks offensive stats even though u get 8k power 2k crit and 2k arm pen u can go down (against another class geared with the same gear), your only defence remains skill and tactics ;)

And for the nice GWFs pls go play your GWF and let us talk about GFs we are the rightful tankers and nothing will change that.
    edited May 2014
    aiulian wrote: »
    :))) I have a GF 14.5k GS PVE gear: I use timeless full set. enchants: rank 7 max and IWD mobs aren t such a huge problem the only problem comes when u try to kill them cause it takes u like 5 min, if u can hold the dmg try a respec maybe or use a stone (Ioun) :) But here it s only one problem I didn t done Kensell's, so I don t know how it will act there and I don t have the gear to do it now. So if u cry cause u can t take dmg than leave it...

So in PVP: the GF lacks offensive stats even though u get 8k power 2k crit and 2k arm pen u can go down (against another class geared with the same gear), your only defence remains skill and tactics ;)

And for the nice GWFs pls go play your GWF and let us talk about GFs we are the rightful tankers and nothing will change that.

Try fighting 5 Wights trying to clear that stage, you will not be able to tank them and you will literally do like level 15 damage to them for 10 mins.

edited May 2014
    Understood but go play one now! Against a competent team and let me know your results?

Well, we were talking about OPvP, right?: P
    As for 5vs5 It's indeed hard to PUG as GF but again I believe it's better to find yourself a competitive party that'd compete well agains other competitive party ? Oo

GWFs begone and go talk about your INT 7 seconds CD Roar builds.
    edited June 2014
    Well, we were talking about OPvP, right?: P
    As for 5vs5 It's indeed hard to PUG as GF but again I believe it's better to find yourself a competitive party that'd compete well agains other competitive party ? Oo

GWFs begone and go talk about your INT 7 seconds CD Roar builds.

If you PUG against PUG you can do ok, at least feel like you are making a difference. But against real players they will take you out so fast its not even funny.