test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Gear

fgmfanhafgmfanha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Library
What's your oppinion on black ice gear and enchants?
Do you know any viable builds?
Post edited by fgmfanha on

Comments

• Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gear seems like total **** to me
  • Options
    atarcanatarcan Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2014
    I couldn't find 4/4 total stats for either set on wiki. Anyone have a link for corrupted and purified set stat totals?
  • Options
    fgmfanhafgmfanha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    atarcan wrote: »
    I couldn't find 4/4 total stats for either set on wiki. Anyone have a link for corrupted and purified set stat totals?

In game, on the Collection tab, you can see all the base stats!
  • Options
    atarcanatarcan Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2014
    Nvm, found another thread giving the stats...
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    fgmfanha wrote: »
    What's your oppinion on black ice gear and enchants?
    Do you know any viable builds?

For PvE, it will be 4/4 Corrupted with 2/2 Corrupted weapon. Accessory set will depend on stat needed but purified can be a good choice.
    The stat seem strange because, instead of having a little in all piece, they're in more specific slot.

For PvP, I think it will be 4/4 Purified or 2+2.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    alot of the black ice gear pieces are really nice, the corrupt body gives like 560 power 560 armor pen 560 def 120 or so tenacity
    the gloves give 366 crit 366 apen 120 def 300 deflect 113 tencity (tier 3)

might be replacing thaumaturge for these 2 for the fact that 2 of these pieces equal 3 of thaumaturge profound :P

body and boots of purified also give 1.5k hp ea, which will be a big help for hitpoint tanks, although the massive lifesteal bonus is a downside
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Would love to test the corrupted set in pve with that much power!

Purified is a pass to me!

The belt set are also pass to me, altough Purified rings can be good statwise.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah its actually really good PvE stats on this stuff, And with the Power Rework is pretty big.

But it looks like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It makes you look like a porcupine. I grant you, you're pretty much wearing Ice all over your body.
  • Options
    jagerblue2jagerblue2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If the upgrade from T2 to T3 follows the same suite as the TR gear(Which is the only T3 I've seen?) then it will only be a 10%~ upgrade to each item, which means that it will actually have less power than high vizier(1,271).

Here's my rough estimate for T3 Corrupted\Purified stats.

74f3c7e398.png

Even if you mix and match you can only get up to 1,191 Power, which is still less than High Vizier.. maybe I'm missing some data here, nothing I say should be taken as fact lol
  • Options
    isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I'm using purified 4/4 + vt weapons for pve and purified 4/4 + purified weapons for pvp. It is **** impressive I must say. Bonus from 4/4 and heal from weapon set really helps out. And dont forget about greater overload enchants. they prock like every 10-30 sec in pve and regen 12% apr each + bonus power. I feel like ap gain is much higher now plus I can literally facetank in dungeons, I could not do it using high vizier
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My full set won't be ready for another 10 hours or so, but once my Corrupted is ready, I'll let you know.

It too has much higher defensive stats than previous gear along with a much higher crit.

I personally wanted the Orb as the stats on it are very nice as well.

Currently the performance of the 3/1 gear in the Kessel Skirmish has been very impressive. So I am definitely looking forward to taking advantage of it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think for pve I keep my Fomorian orb. Corrupted has lower dmg and somewhat higher power.

As for the Corrupted armor set I need to do CN runs.
    It gives lots of power for limited time.
    Idk. My money is still on HV in pve!

Purified is for pvp in my mind.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    I think for pve I keep my Fomorian orb. Corrupted has lower dmg and somewhat higher power.

As for the Corrupted armor set I need to do CN runs.
    It gives lots of power for limited time.
    Idk. My money is still on HV in pve!

Purified is for pvp in my mind.

Have you had time to do some CN runs to compare the BI gear with HV yet? I have been too busy with work to get on much but will try the same tests when able and give my feedback.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well I did partly.

Black Ice weapon set proced 72/61 times during the whole CN run. Doing 90k/75k dmg.
    You can do the math if its worth you the +450 recovery!

The +~156? lifesteal is nice and + ~84?k Power also(0.5%dmg) but I think I stick to Fomorian.

Btw the new Winters bounty proced 21/22 times. Its roughly equals 2 extra OF.
    Especially when a big shard crit happened after singu.

I think still better than avalanche or Rousing Warmth.
    Because I doubt that Rousing Warmth is procing from lifesteal/reg or having big ICD.