test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Queuing, Players Exploiting

rockyardenrockyarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
PVP is so screwed I don'y even want to do it. I'm tired of entering just to get slammed every time. In my opinion queuing should be by gear score and people exploiting should be banned because they are ruining for the rest. I know that would be difficult because people could un-equip everything to get in which means the creators would have to figure out a way to drop something in to notice when people have way to low of a gear score when entering a match but something needs to be done. I don't have the money to pay for stuff so I'm doing it the hard way and these people make it very difficult. The game was fun until I started noticing people exploiting all this nonsense. It would just be awesome if the people of Neverwinter(not the creators) could do something ourselves. We should be able to report other people for doing things they shouldn't be doing. For instance if we the people notice someone in PVP dominating when they shouldn't be we snitch on them and problem solved.

Thanks for reading. Hope something can be done. If not, well, I guess I'm screwed.
Post edited by rockyarden on

Comments

• Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    AFAIK, The ELO system base their picks not on the Gear Score at all.. but rather from the result of our matches and whether or not we are in party/solo-queuing.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Or even simpler, add multiple pvp domination queues to join based on GS. 7000-9000, 9000-11000, 11000-13000, ect.

A 15k won't be able to queue for 13k and lower and items can't be re-equipped/changed while in.
  • Options
    mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Should just make a ranked que and a normal que. Or a 5man que or solo/duo que. Anyone getting stomped by a 5 man premade is nothing to get down about. it would happen to anyone. Try to joina guild and gear up. A PvP guild if that is what you are passionate about in gaming.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Or even simpler, add multiple pvp domination queues to join based on GS. 7000-9000, 9000-11000, 11000-13000, ect.

A 15k won't be able to queue for 13k and lower and items can't be re-equipped/changed while in.

As simple as it seems, this might have been tried as a parameter in the ELO .. but first implementation of the 'strict' algorithm result in a significantly (i'd say major) longer queue time.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    As simple as it seems, this might have been tried as a parameter in the ELO .. but first implementation of the 'strict' algorithm result in a significantly (i'd say major) longer queue time.

I'd rather endure a longer wait than join a game only to get rolled over and lose miserably, with no exp/glory earned. Can't leave those without getting penalized anyway.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    Should just make a ranked que and a normal que.

This. It seems to obvious it is shocking it is not yet implemented.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PVP is so screwed I don'y even want to do it.

But I assume u do? And u say ur doing it the hard way because u have "no money to pay for stuff"?
    Actually, the match making groupwise works quite well. Pugging alone will nearly never get u against a premade, while in full group, u very often face also a premade of 4-5 players.

But I really dont get what u want. Pay for stuff is exploiting? Players who dominate should be reported? What?
    Sorry, but my impression is, ur just angry because other players have better stuff than u.

And if u doing pvp for the daily diamonds, pls, dont! Just dont!
    My 2cents.
  • Options
    pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rockyarden wrote: »
    We should be able to report other people for doing things they shouldn't be doing. For instance if we the people notice someone in PVP dominating when they shouldn't be we snitch on them and problem solved.QUOTE]

What does that ^ even mean? To me this sounds like someone who has little pvp experience who will grieve when heavily geared/skilled player starts puttin' it on people in domination but does not understand how it's possible therefore must be cheating. See this all the time.

Anywho, yes, a separate q system should be implemented. The best way to do it? I don't know as I don't build games... but I assume that anyway that dries up the tsunami of QQ would be a start.
  • Options
    thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    For me, the only 2 things that ruin pvp are:

1. Afkers unleashed (dailiers?)(lol wow new word coined right here)

2. Items of X level that you can use at x-10 level. THIS actually I won't ever understand why: it's just asking for unreasonable alt twinking, ruining other people pvp.
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)