test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How's TR right now?

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
Hello, just made this thread to ask what is being done to make TR's stronger in PVE, anything?
I want to intall this preview thing but its 5GB and I don't have time for that.

Any info?
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I don't know.

I'm still waiting for their PVP nerf to care about that
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nothing will be done to buff them, ever, unless it's an accident or unavoidable side effect.

The power change buffed damage slightly, but it did that for everyone.

Currently we know the Devs are working on a way to nerf stealth, which will inevitably utterly destroy the tiny remaining PvE viability of the class as well as most of its PvP viability. This will inevitably not come with any sort of compensation for taking away our one way of not dying horribly and will probably manage to gimp the Executioner path.

Meanwhile GWF and CW are as OP as ever. Yep.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully, they do nerf perma-stealth.

TRs have been on top of PVP ladder for the most part.

Really looking forward to this permastealth nerf
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Have you like, never faced a GWF ever. Permas are easy to deal with. GWFs are obnoxious. But k.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully, they do nerf perma-stealth.

TRs have been on top of PVP ladder for the most part.

Really looking forward to this permastealth nerf

People like you are the reason the TR is getting destroyed. Instead of figuring out a way to counter a perma you cry a river of tears asking for nerfs. This has got to be the worst/crybaby community I have witnessed in my many years of playing mmorpgs.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    TRs hit my 14.2k GF with over 4k defense and 20% deflec for 17k constantly while plucking down my hp and guard easily.

TR are fine, probably could use a nerf to survivability ( Perma )
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    TRs hit my 14.2k GF with over 4k defense and 20% deflec for 17k constantly while plucking down my hp and guard easily.

TR are fine, probably could use a nerf to survivability ( Perma )

WOOOOOOO so much dude (sarcasm)... was it shocking execution? If yes... Get out, if no... what debuffs did you have?
    BTW, 14.2k is easy if you have perf vorpal on a GF and a ton of power BUT, have you never been hit for 35k like I have by a GWF? With just 1 skill... I died! GG CRYPTIC!

Now here's the thing: Tr's are supposed to deal a huge burst out of nowhere but die right after that, wich is usually what happens because their stealth will be ****ing and some dodges are not going to help that much escaping a whole team.
    GWF are not, they are supposed to deal more damage than GF but less than TR, wich is not true at all, they can outdamage a TR even on 1v1 Fights and outtank a GF on everything (their resists are bigger than GF and block isn't going to help much if you have alot of people on you!)

The only nerf TR's need is on Perma-stealth wich is a fix needed, but otherwise they need a buff on: Smoke bomb (make it deal dmg [not much] per second on all targets inside [To help dungeon acceptance]); Duelist Flurry (More dps as for the time it takes to activate does not compensate in PVP and its not enough in PVE; 2 more stacks on Cloud of Steel; 20% more damage on Socking execution and give its prone back (You may not like it but its true, for a single target daily and considering its the slowest building AP class in the game, its too weak currently).

To add off to these changes needed, GWF needs to be nerfed on overall damage and GF needs a bit more guard meter.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    WOOOOOOO so much dude (sarcasm)... was it shocking execution? If yes... Get out, if no... what debuffs did you have?
    BTW, 14.2k is easy if you have perf vorpal on a GF and a ton of power BUT, have you never been hit for 35k like I have by a GWF? With just 1 skill... I died! GG CRYPTIC!

Now here's the thing: Tr's are supposed to deal a huge burst out of nowhere but die right after that, wich is usually what happens because their stealth will be ****ing and some dodges are not going to help that much escaping a whole team.
    GWF are not, they are supposed to deal more damage than GF but less than TR, wich is not true at all, they can outdamage a TR even on 1v1 Fights and outtank a GF on everything (their resists are bigger than GF and block isn't going to help much if you have alot of people on you!)

The only nerf TR's need is on Perma-stealth wich is a fix needed, but otherwise they need a buff on: Smoke bomb (make it deal dmg [not much] per second on all targets inside [To help dungeon acceptance]); Duelist Flurry (More dps as for the time it takes to activate does not compensate in PVP and its not enough in PVE; 2 more stacks on Cloud of Steel; 20% more damage on Socking execution and give its prone back (You may not like it but its true, for a single target daily and considering its the slowest building AP class in the game, its too weak currently).

To add off to these changes needed, GWF needs to be nerfed on overall damage and GF needs a bit more guard meter.

Well we agree GWF are Overpowered! Trs however are not underpowered, there are classes in the dire muck way below TRs. CW / GF / DC all need help and are usually the classes that feed the TRs kills along with the GWF and HR....
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    People like you are the reason the TR is getting destroyed. Instead of figuring out a way to counter a perma you cry a river of tears asking for nerfs. This has got to be the worst/crybaby community I have witnessed in my many years of playing mmorpgs.

TRs are getting destroyed?

Look at the top of the leaderboards. Full of TRs.

Instead of crying about TRs getting nerfed, why don't you read some guides and learn how these Trickster Rogues stay atop the leaderboard and garner those KDR.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    TRs are getting destroyed?

Look at the top of the leaderboards. Full of TRs.

Instead of crying about TRs getting nerfed, why don't you read some guides and learn how these Trickster Rogues stay atop the leaderboard and garner those KDR.

Dude, do you know wich TR's are on top of leaderboards? Perma-stealth! Those who do not like to play as perma mostly have problems in PVP, I have no problems if they remove the perma-stealth ability as long as they don't nerf the normal stealth and buff some of the other powers and at-wills.
    And on a side note, TR's are not wanted at all in PVE wich makes it hard to change sets even if we want to.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have two TR. One combat built and one more for stealth (not a perma though). The stealth build actually manages to do more damage over all as he is more "at ease" and can focus more on damage instead of worrying about staying alive. Also, there isn't really that much more available to a damage focused TR as opposed to one focused more on stealth.

I don't think the problem is so much with the TR but with our competing classes in PVE (especially CW and GWF). We really cannot compete with those two in damage, and not even our single target damage is superior anymore as they have surpassed us there as well (to stipulate by single target I mean the damage they can do on a single target regardless of what method they choose). I think the area we are hurting in is in our daily powers, with only one that is viable for damage (whirlwind and it is an AE and fairly poor as burst). Lurkers is relegated to a stealth extension with the previous nerf to its damage and although it adds a bit more damage % for a brief period it is not enough to count as burst.

I also think the perma stealth issue is a problem that they should have already been addressed as it is harmful to the growth of the class. Bait and switch could be modified to have it do an instantaneous stun or maybe a one second "smoke bomb" effect when activated and no longer refill stealth. I think that would be enough to keep it a viable tool. Shadow strike could either be changed to fill only half the stealth bar and have a slight increase in its damage. I am afraid that the proposed changes to both of these that I have heard discussed which will simply increase the cool downs will even further harm the currently feeble (in PVE) TR. I also think that stealth extending effects on armor was a very bad idea too. The problem was rogues were staying stealth too long and the response we got was armor that let us stay in stealth longer... I say these effect should be replaced with something else that is viable.

There was more I wanted to post if I can remember, but Remo is up and I got to get on that.
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    This will inevitably not come with any sort of compensation for taking away our one way of not dying horribly

Stealth is not your only way of avoiding horrible death. CW's can't stealth, and they avoid death all the time.
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think the TR's damage should receive a SMALL buff, or just remain the same. Before the GWF received Frontline, the GF was the go to guy to help combat these swift characters by frontlining them while invisible. Personally, I think the TR should be the hardest hitting class in the game, but also the squishiest, and should be difficult for other classes accept the Guardian Fighter to get their hands on them.

TR - Most damage, lest defense.
    GF - Least damage, most defense.

Yin & Yang.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They are in a very difficult situation.
    They are very good in PvP, yet very bad in PvE.

I don't know how the devs are going to fix them without making them too good in PvP or much worse in PvE.

It's a pretty bad dilemma.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    They are in a very difficult situation.
    They are very good in PvP, yet very bad in PvE.

I don't know how the devs are going to fix them without making them too good in PvP or much worse in PvE.

It's a pretty bad dilemma.

What makes them too good in PvP is the super long stealth. What makes them bad in PvE is that the competing classes deal way too much more damage than a TR.

Even when we had the best single target damage it was not necessarily enough to choose us over anotehr damage class, but it wasn't enough to boot us from a group to replace us with a GWF/CW as tends to be the mentality of PuGs these days. I am very tired of being told "sorry we need a dps class" and then after I explain that TR are one I get something like "yeah but we need a good dps class".
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Stealth is not your only way of avoiding horrible death. CW's can't stealth, and they avoid death all the time.

You're really using one of the two most OP classes in the game as an argument that TR doesn't need stealth? Really?

CW stays up because it stacks Lifesteal and hits multiple targets for massive damage, filling its HP with nearly every attack. And three dodges. It's also much easier to stack Defense on them than it is on TR. My CW has about 400 more Defense than my TR without trying. Oh, and she's constantly throwing around powers that slow, stun, daze, freeze, knock around, etc multiple monsters at a time without breaking a sweat. No kidding CW stays up without stealth, it has a dozen other ways to stay up, and they're called 'crowd control'. TR has... Even more squishiness than CW, very little(and bad) AoE powers that have to replace other better powers to be used, and two dodge rolls. Oh, and Impossible to Catch, which is only available to Master Infiltrator and occupies an encounter slot. With a 15 second cooldown and about five seconds of duration. Plus if you don't activate it from stealth you just deflect, not dodge. Still helps, but yeah.

I don't know what godly pings you people get, but mine is always bad and I'm always lagging and rubberbanding. Makes it a little hard to play 'perfectly' when the AoE that killed you didn't register for you in time, or you rubbered back into it. Sometimes you can still avoid things, but get enough of a cloud of enemies and you're boned because there's too much going on at once.

I actually recently stopped relying on Stealth because screw it they're gonna screw it up sooner or later anyway, and took Shadow Strike off my bar for Dazing Strike. It's helped my DPS, but decreased my survivability since yeah, other than the initial going in, the monsters always see me. :P And hey-o, once I have five things AoEing me things get ugly and I'm spamming ItC as often as possible and healing potions like never before. Woo? Oh, Smoke Bomb! Yeah let's kill our DPS even more, and half the stuff that actually dazes you don't even care about. XD

But yeah, seriously. You... Really think CW is in any way comparable to TR. I don't even. XD
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Remove permastealth or nerf it into the ground. Give us back our deft strike at-will and let SE pron people again and reduce it's time activation by x2. (without damage revamp)

That'd make me happy so much that'd respec back to my previous "combat" build.
  • Options
    loktopus2014loktopus2014 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like how everyone complains about the perma rotation but no one complains about chain proning...the idea is the same, don't take any damage by not letting them hit you, I say if stealth is to be nerfed then all attacks from stealth should ignore damage mitigation. after all youd only get one shot after that youre dead
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Perma stealth TR are the most OP thing in game. It is above GWF.

It doesn't feel that OP because you don't really KILL things like a boss but a perma stealth TR has huge impact to PVP when play properly.

In a premade perma TR share the same degree of importance with GWF. In a solo queue game a perma TR outweighs GWF since it is easier for TR to stalemate multiple players on point.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well we agree GWF are Overpowered! Trs however are not underpowered, ...

There would be no... "overpowered" being thrown around right now if they had never Nerfed rogue damage in the first place

Nor would anyone be calling GWFs "overpowered".

BUT... because these nerfaholics keep <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the PvE and PvP game with their nerfs....

The Rogue is now a subpar damager in comparison when they should be on par...

Someone needs to go back and reverse that previous decision. It was obviously the wrong one at this point.

STOP thinking ONLY in terms of PvP... Yeah there is another part of this game... and PVP is not a "majority" thing.

I'd highly appreciate it if people would stop hosing up the rest of the game with these incessant nerfs that haven't fixed a **** thing and only made the situations worse on everyone else for their own personal selfishness.

We would not be having these kinds of problems with Rogues... grouping and PvE if not for the short sighted nerfaholic syndrome.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2014
    I still have no idea why they don't implement a system like some mmorpg's have where powers/skills have different damage, cooldown, effects etc for pvp and pve. When you go in pvp the powers change and vice versa for pve so one doesn't affect the other.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    I still have no idea why they don't implement a system like some mmorpg's have where powers/skills have different damage, cooldown, effects etc for pvp and pve. When you go in pvp the powers change and vice versa for pve so one doesn't affect the other.

Tenacity was going to be the big band-aid for that. Unfortunately, it did not work out exactly the way they planned
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For the love of all that is holy don't NERF anything every again - BUFF if you have to but sweet baby jesus enough of the nerf bat (especially for PvP balance without any consideration of the PvE game which is the majority of the playerbase).

As to the topic. TR (Other then perma stealth build) needs a buff especially for PvE. NERF after NERF after NERF has made the TR perma -stealth the only really viable TR build sadly. I have non perma that is almost 17k GS and it's about half the "class" it was in module 1 with out all the adjustments with a GS around 10k (not that GS is the end all be all but just to illustrate that with almost 1/2 the GS I have now the class was more powerful then it is now or at least certainly seemed that way I don't have combat logs to prove it - but I'm sure most that have played since beta will agree)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It is pretty funny (in a sad way) that as a pure striker class half the time when in a group I find myself pleading "Please oh please let me do more total damage than the DC/GF". I often hear that "total damage" isn't everything but when groups are formed and damage dealing classes are needed that is what the choice is judged by. I often hear about this stunning single target damage that the TR has but we haven't had that since module 1 (as hinted at above). TR are the 3rd or 4th best at single target damage now (depending on how the other classes are build) and that is all they do. TR possess no form of burst damage and simply has steady and average damage with a very short range that basically roots the TR in place and can easily miss (GWF roar will knock anything out of a TR's attack range and I can't count the number of times I have missed with dazing/lashing/wicked/etc over that).

A mob is chasing a team mate? We cannot reasonably hit it with our at wills, except for our limited daggers that will have virtually no effect on any mob in the game. For our encounters to hit we have to "guestimate" and move in front of the path we think they will travel and hope our timing is perfect. For smoke bomb just run a good distance ahead and pop it as it is a little latent in its response and hope they run through it.
  • Options
    shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mom Mom .Those evil Trs got like 125 % DPS nerf but even if they can't kill me they are annoying since i can't hit them .NO Mom i will deny every single post made on Thieves Den about how to kill a perma . I will deny reading any single guide of trs so i will manage to know the basic mechanics of the class .I won't use my brain @ all to think ways to counter stealth .Mom Mom , I will just go and cry mucho mucho to the devs because those trs actually play the hardest build in the game and can counter my GOLDLIKE 100000000000 ZEN SPENT TO EQUIP Toon ...

Enough with this. You ruined our class and you want to ruin it even more .And for the Moderator that is going to delete my post . Instead of deleting posts that reflect the reality in your game you should contact your devs to make FIXES . Not Nerfing Buffing thus Unbalancing the game and destroy our gameplay....We are human beings not USD - EU Cattle .Respect it .
  • Options
    shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The class that needs a boost out there are Gfs . I would gladly sacrifice more dps of mine just to see it going to them instead of those HRS - GFWS .
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The class that needs a boost out there are Gfs . I would gladly sacrifice more dps of mine just to see it going to them instead of those HRS - GFWS .

GF's certainly need a lot of help I do not deny that. The thing is, though, that in many dungeons a GF will already do more total damage than a TR (because of mass mobs I suppose and AE damage perhaps?). I think the best way to help the GF is to actually make the mobs hit harder and the GF handle it much much better than they do now. GF's should be the toughest of the bunch but because of how things are it "looks" like GWF and CW and even DC are much better at handling being in the middle of a mass of menacing monsters.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Terrible in pve, pidgeon holed into perma in pvp and ingored completely for wanted class changes in mod4. Basically still hated by everyone (even some Tr's themselves).

/wrists
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Perma stealth TR are the most OP thing in game. It is above GWF.

It doesn't feel that OP because you don't really KILL things like a boss but a perma stealth TR has huge impact to PVP when play properly.

In a premade perma TR share the same degree of importance with GWF. In a solo queue game a perma TR outweighs GWF since it is easier for TR to stalemate multiple players on point.

1. Perma stealth is not OP. What it does is that it punishes people for being bad PvPers. The problem here is that multiple people should not be getting sucked in to deal with a perma stealth TR. You simply pick the most suitable player to deal with the perma stealth TR and let them 1v1 on the zone.

2. There are a lot of ways to deal with a perma stealth TR. Examples: Bilethorn enchant, POTB/SB (TR), Water of Elz on artifact slot 1 + pvp pots to handle CoS, LoR, Cos Knife (knife stays visible for a few secs while rogue is in stealth mode). HR, CW and GWF's also have a plethora of powers to handle a perma stealth rogue np.

Now we could go around nerfing classes that are good at punishing bad players but are not OP, or we could actually nerf the OP classes such as GWF where the problem is that it outweighs all the other classes in terms of, well...pretty much everything.

So in short, even though GWF's are at the top of the leaderboards the only reason why TR's would be up there aswell is because there are simply a lot of bad PvPers around. And how will they learn if there's no class around to punish their dumb actions? Exactly, they won't. In other words, TR's should not be nerfed, they are required to stay the same as they are now, get good at PvP, stop blaming being bad on something other than yourself.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;