test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone have stats for fully charged Black Ice gear?

abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Library
It's not hard to find the stats for the basic black ice gear and the newly crafted corrupted and purified black ice gear. What I'd like to know is if anyone has the stats for the fully empowered corrupted and purified black ice sets. Before I commit to making the purified or corrupted set I'd like to see how they differ when charged. I know the purified set is more defensively oriented (HP, Defense, lifesteal), and the corrupted set is more offensively oriented (power, crit, recovery) but I'd like to have some hard numbers. Also, I'd like to plan out how my build will change with these new sets. For example, I went with all accessories that had power and lifesteal, but if I choose purified set and it gives a truckload of lifesteal then I may want to buy different rings/belts/neck items which boost other stats.

I know no one has the fully empowered equipment in-game yet, but it will become available soon. I played on the preview server but not enough to get a full set of empowered black ice gear. If anyone did that information would be greatly appreciated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by abaddon523 on

Comments

• crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    In 2 days you will start to see 2/4 sets of the refined black ice gear since that will be the earliest that people can get it. I'm planning on using 2/4 Corrupt (body / boots) and 2/4 magelord (hat / gloves) for my endgame pvp setup, the 4/4 of the sets doesnt seem appealing to me seeing as it has alot of random bonuses when now cw only really needs to stack power (for pvp atleast), your probably not going to get a solid answer on the forums so your best bet is just to use a calculator to add up the stats
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I fully intend to add them up with a calculator. But first I need to know what I'm adding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    what u see in the collections is what u get lol

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    what u see in the collections is what u get lol
    you forget the black ice stacking mechanism that will improve gear stat by a few percent that I can't remember (15% ?)
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well I can get them for you,

But its just as easy for you to look at them in the Professions area. I've already got my full set of Black Ice gear, I just need to wait to unlock the next few levels and can then upgrade it to the Set Bonus versions and the good stuff.

Being that the Chest Piece alone gives like 525 power, you're looking at some pretty serious bonuses once upgraded.

I'm considering use the Orb all the time, but only pulling out the Black Ice on occasion because you have to keep recharging it.
    edited May 2014
    Well I can get them for you,

But its just as easy for you to look at them in the Professions area.

In the professions tab it says Corrupted Black Ice Armor gives 508 power. Is that when it is fully empowered with black ice, or when it is drained?

I'm under the impression that 508 is when it is drained. Others in this thread seem to think that 508 is when it is fully empowered. I don't know who is right. That's why I was hoping that someone who acquired all this on the preview server would be able to authoritatively give the final stats when fully empowered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    In the professions tab it says Corrupted Black Ice Armor gives 508 power. Is that when it is fully empowered with black ice, or when it is drained?.

Basically the stuff you buy in Caer, is the basic gear before you upgrade it. The empowered gear I had, had those stats you see in the Professions window.

Once you upgrade to the Corrupted Black Ice, it has roughly 3 1/2 hours of operational combat time. I don't remember the recharge amount for it but its not nearly the amount it takes to upgrade it, and its only a pittance compared to the 11,000 black ice you need just to make it. I had just created it as IWD was going live so didn't get to use it that much and never used the full three hours.

But... that's the empowered version.

I have heard you can upgrade it even further but cannot verify that.

The 3 1/2 hours is actual combat time.

So it doesn't drain when you're out of combat. So you'd have to be fighting for roughly 3 and a half hours straight to drain it. And recharging it is really easy and cheap according to Cayapp and Iambecks. I never had to do it with mine as I never used that much actual combat time with it before IWD went live.
    edited May 2014
    Ok here's the upgraded version of it all... the stuff we'll likely use as mages...

Chest
    +7 AC
    508 Power
    508 Armor Penetration
    562 Defense
    (Tenacity 154)

Corrupted Orb
    Dmg: 677-827
    1733 Power
    326 Critical Strike
    248 Deflection

Corrupted Talisman
    181 Power
    181 Recovery
    138 Life Steal

Corrupted Boots
    326 Power
    326 Recovery
    366 Defense

Corrupted Helm
    326 Critical Strike
    326 Recovery
    118 Defense
    248 Deflection

Corrupted Gloves
    326 Critical Strike
    326 Armor Penetration
    118 Defense
    248 Deflection

I didn't add in the Tenacity, but this set has some major stats attached to it, being that this is the Power/Crit/Arp side, we'll likely be using the Corrupted.
    edited May 2014
    Ok here's the upgraded version of it all... the stuff we'll likely use as mages...

Chest
    +7 AC
    508 Power
    508 Armor Penetration
    562 Defense
    (Tenacity 154)

Corrupted Orb
    Dmg: 677-827
    1733 Power
    326 Critical Strike
    248 Deflection

Corrupted Talisman
    181 Power
    181 Recovery
    138 Life Steal

Corrupted Boots
    326 Power
    326 Recovery
    366 Defense

Corrupted Helm
    326 Critical Strike
    326 Recovery
    118 Defense
    248 Deflection

Corrupted Gloves
    326 Critical Strike
    326 Armor Penetration
    118 Defense
    248 Deflection

I didn't add in the Tenacity, but this set has some major stats attached to it, being that this is the Power/Crit/Arp side, we'll likely be using the Corrupted.

I'll be sticking with just the body and boots, since I want as little crit so I can force the bonus into another stat either power armor pen ect

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • divinewinterdivinewinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Those are the already charged stats you see in the crafting window (tier 2 charge). I heard there might be tier 3? I don't know though.

I personally will be going purified (for gear not weapons). I have already found out the hard way that stacking Tons of offensive stats and then relying on deflect is a horrible idea. I just spent all day thinking how my other gear is going to mesh with these sets. It is so easy to gain those offensive stats with gems, however there is no real way to pick up the defensive ones (except for the what 2 slots?) Plus I already have offensive gear on my PVE stuff if I really want to go that route.

I am sure everyone has seen or can imagine these, but here are the stat difference that one set gains over the other:

Corrupt
    338 power
    834 armor pen
    652 crit
    404 recovery
    496 deflect

Purified
    2845 hit points
    707 defence
    1486 life steal
    326 regen

Obviously both sets have most of these stats, but it is a good comparison. I don't know about you guys, but I certainly do not want to be taking a hit from anything in this game while wearing corrupt gear.
    edited May 2014
    Obviously both sets have most of these stats, but it is a good comparison. I don't know about you guys, but I certainly do not want to be taking a hit from anything in this game while wearing corrupt gear.

Well actually in that way you won't have to worry about it.

Each piece of Black Ice Armor gives 8-11% resistence to Black Ice damage which is the type of damage the mobs are doing that they cause that much damage to you.

So... once you get a full set you'll be taking about 50% less damage by the Mobs in Icewind Dale with or without the defense attached.
    edited May 2014

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Interesting.

Globally, it's an increase of ~12%. From +9% for defence on the cowl to +14% for tenacity, it result in +127 (+11.4%) more GS per piece.

We can expect near +200 GS for the torso.
    edited May 2014

Excellent. That's the kind of info I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Now if we can just find the other pieces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    I personally will be going purified (for gear not weapons). I have already found out the hard way that stacking Tons of offensive stats and then relying on deflect is a horrible idea.

I think I'll be going purified as well. At least to try it out. I've been looking to move to a sturdier build. The extra HP and lifesteal should help a lot. I know I'll be sacrificing some damage output for it but I don't really value recovery or crit all that much. So my main loss is a bit of power. However, this will also enable me to switch some of my dark enchantments for radiant to make up the difference there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    The purified boots and body together are roughly 3k hitpoints, and if you put thaumaturge or even champion mage with the vital rings that i had in that picture you looking at around 42k hitpoints on a cw with relativly good offensive aswell. (nerdgasm)

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • divinewinterdivinewinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The purified boots and body together are roughly 3k hitpoints, and if you put thaumaturge or even champion mage with the vital rings that i had in that picture you looking at around 42k hitpoints on a cw with relativly good offensive aswell. (nerdgasm)

Plus throw in some purified enchants with a 5500 temporary hit point proc.
    edited May 2014
    Plus throw in some purified enchants with a 5500 temporary hit point proc.

i was getting the 300 armor pen from the enchantment fairly often aswell, roughly half as much as eye of the storm, which is still easily once every 30-60 seconds

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    Looks like going Purified in PVE means a lot of work to get ArPen and Recovery up to sufficient levels?
    edited May 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    Looks like going Purified in PVE means a lot of work to get ArPen and Recovery up to sufficient levels?

yea corrupt will probably be better for pve since its more offensive, and in pvp / pve depends the situation im getting both sets anyway

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR