test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your PvP GS, and what enchants are your running?

nerhesinerhesi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Library
So I've been playing for about week (since I've stopped back in the day). I'm in full Grim Thaumaturge (but with renegade weaponry). I've got Greater Plague Fire and Greater Soulforged.

But I guess I'm struggling with what my HP should be for pvp? You see some GWF/GF running around with near 40k, but I'm wondering if my 28K is too low for CW pvp? Most if not all my gear as you can see has HP on it (Grim Warding Rings, Grim Thaumaturge set, Rank 8 Savage enchants).

What are you guys running? Those of you in full Grim sets or better (profound)? How much HP do you have? And what are your offensive enchants. I think I've got like 6 greater tenebs and my tests on dummies show that they are strill proccing pretty regulary, and sometimes multiple procs on one hit.

So..

a) What is your PvP hp?
b) What gear are you wearing? What is your GS?
c) What are all your enchants? Thanks
Post edited by nerhesi on

Comments

• Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My old CW:
    29m60wg.png

My new CW: (2 months ago Pre Mod3)
    16is951.png

My new CW: (right now) *forgot to turn off my ioun stone lol*
    296hwd2.png

At first I went for straight hitpoint boost, but now with Mod3 stacking power seriously increases your damage especially when you proc EotS. The first two pictures are me trying to stack as much hitpoints as I could, the first being my first character ever on CW who had pretty much PvE ability roll that i respec to give it more hitpoints and it came out pretty well in my opinion, but I wanted to try a new character strictly PvP dwarf epic cw boss ect. The middle picture is 2 days after getting the character to L60, no boons or anything from the campaigns, pretty much a rushed **** but did decently since I had experience on the old CW. The last picture I just took like 5 minutes ago, and so far I've been almost 1 banging GWF sentinel tanks from 3/4 hitpoints or even more in some cases, if I drop meatball on an EotS crit, (as long as you prone the GWF, they wont break out of prones, and once you have them proned from the ball drop, throw it into them to blow it up and move backwards, let them blow their unstoppable, kite around them and blink from the prone chain, and repeat the process.

Right now im running Thaumaturge path (for debuffs and damage boosts on shard and ir)
    The only enchants I have are Rank 8/9 Radiants for the hitpoints and power bonus (they rose by almost double since the power rework)
    Your best chance at combating end-game PvE and even PvP GWFs is to stack as much power, Tenacity, Movement bonus, and any remaining in armor pen (I've yet to increase my armor pen) Right now I also have the bare minimum crit because EotS procs almost as often as 2k crit, and since power is so much better now it's worth it just to get rid of crit alltogether. (in my opinion anyway)
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nerhesinerhesi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks bud - we're pretty close but I do notice a couple of small difference with major impacts:

1) I didn't stack power - at all. My Power is pitiful. Probably 2500, - I have not adjusted for Mod 3 yet.
    2) So for your offensive slots, you're using what? Radiants as well? No Tenebs anywhere?
    3) Whats your weapon-enchant? Vorpal?
    4) How are you at 32k hp without the Thaumaturge set but the oppressor set? god **** it man thats beastly.

I am running Thaumaturge and using identical tactics (I've noticed that you can't activate CC immunity from prone. That kinda sucks .. why make the universally available CC, that some classes have better than us, the best CC... ah well).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    nerhesi wrote: »
    Thanks bud - we're pretty close but I do notice a couple of small difference with major impacts:

1) I didn't stack power - at all. My Power is pitiful. Probably 2500, - I have not adjusted for Mod 3 yet.
    2) So for your offensive slots, you're using what? Radiants as well? No Tenebs anywhere?
    3) Whats your weapon-enchant? Vorpal?
    4) How are you at 32k hp without the Thaumaturge set but the oppressor set? god **** it man thats beastly.

I am running Thaumaturge and using identical tactics (I've noticed that you can't activate CC immunity from prone. That kinda sucks .. why make the universally available CC, that some classes have better than us, the best CC... ah well).

Yea for the ability roll I went for as high con as i could then just put it all in con and int, and i had my ioun stone which gave me like 1k extra hp and a LOT of power bonus, i have like 5.6k power normally.

All my enchants are radiant, I have 3 Defence Radiants, 6 Offensive Radiants. I normally Run with 7 offensive radiants for open world pvp since i can slot atleast 5k hp on my ioun stone alone lol, as long as you have about 4k power and atleast 1.5k armor pen, and above 30k hp you will do so much better then the average cw with like 3k power 2k crit 2k armor pen, add me ingame and invite me to a party if you wanna chat ill be on for a few more hours

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • Options
    thirdquestionthirdquestion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited May 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    My old CW:
    29m60wg.png

16is951.png

296hwd2.png

At first I went for straight hitpoint boost, but now with Mod3 stacking power seriously increases your damage especially when you proc EotS. The first two pictures are me trying to stack as much hitpoints as I could, the first being my first character ever on CW who had pretty much PvE ability roll that i respec to give it more hitpoints and it came out pretty well in my opinion, but I wanted to try a new character strictly PvP dwarf epic cw boss ect. The middle picture is 2 days after getting the character to L60, no boons or anything from the campaigns, pretty much a rushed **** but did decently since I had experience on the old CW. The last picture I just took like 5 minutes ago, and so far I've been almost 1 banging GWF sentinel tanks from 3/4 hitpoints or even more in some cases, if I drop meatball on an EotS crit, (as long as you prone the GWF, they wont break out of prones, and once you have them proned from the ball drop, throw it into them to blow it up and move backwards, let them blow their unstoppable, kite around them and blink from the prone chain, and repeat the process.

Right now im running Thaumaturge path (for debuffs and damage boosts on shard and ir)
    The only enchants I have are Rank 8/9 Radiants for the hitpoints and power bonus (they rose by almost double since the power rework)
    Your best chance at combating end-game PvE and even PvP GWFs is to stack as much power, Tenacity, Movement bonus, and any remaining in armor pen (I've yet to increase my armor pen) Right now I also have the bare minimum crit because EotS procs almost as often as 2k crit, and since power is so much better now it's worth it just to get rid of crit alltogether. (in my opinion anyway)

Can you show me what transmutation u use on your set items?:) (Twerk Team)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Can you show me what transmutation u use on your set items?:) (Twerk Team)

Black Ice body
    Hood of the Wild
    Arcane Wanderer gloves
    senobith boots (not how you spell it but look for seno on AH)

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • Options
    krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My old CW:
    29m60wg.png

16is951.png

296hwd2.png

This is some great info just from the pics, I have a CW around level 52 and working her way up to 60, I want to focus mainly on PvP with the occasional PvE of course. Most of the guides I found seem outdated or doesn't have enough info, you think you can provide info on powers, feats, ability points and rotation? I would really appreciate it cause I'm struggling to understand what's good and what's not.
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As much nonsense and whining crazymikee makes in the Gameplay section, he's got this one right. It looks like a pretty deadly build.

And as more GWFs continue switching from sentinel to destroyer, a build like this will become even better against one of CWs hardest matchups.
  • Options
    squidnuttssquidnutts Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My only CW JywA69k.png

other stats cbLEDSv.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    squidnutts wrote: »
    My only CW JywA69k.png

other stats cbLEDSv.png

eff u i want those gloves so bad haha

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    :D so do you like my build?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hows my build Crazymike?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    if your spellstorm then you probably dont need all that crit, my old cw had like 3k but since eye procs pretty often you only need like half of that, which opens options fr more power or hitpoints,any hitpoint above 30k is definatly needed for endgame pvping since <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gwfs will hit over 10k crits with almost every ability on you, so you definatly need to be able to take that and have it as small a percentage of your hp as possible, s higher hp is definatly more useful then higher def, (i tried stacking def 5.6k def gave me 38% dr *LOL*)

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Guys, you can follow his advices if you want to but please do not act like him when you get killed in PvP, whining, crying and insulting, just enjoy the game and be happy.

He got killed in 2v1 then again in 1v1 and his reaction:

ipbi3b.jpg
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Guys, you can follow his advices if you want to but please do not act like him when you get killed in PvP, whining, crying and insulting, just enjoy the game and be happy.

ipbi3b.jpg

you started it and im sorry i hurt your feelings

just kidding loser

/you ignored me first so i guess i made my point

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow. Drama. Rage.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Wow. Drama. Rage.

And this surprises you?
  • Options
    tempopktempopk Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    you started it and im sorry i hurt your feelings

just kidding loser

/you ignored me first so i guess i made my point
    i sense and old rs player with a booter :D "get on skype m8" hahah rip rs
    - [Tempzy]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tempopk wrote: »
    i sense and old rs player with a booter :D "get on skype m8" hahah rip rs

...noooo :)

besides that guy started it i was trying to be nice at first

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    /thread.
    Gotta love the PVP community.
  • Options
    dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2014

ipbi3b.jpg

people take games too seriously....
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Anyone can GWF.

But not everyone can be a great GWF.

Again just because you don't play a GWF doesn't mean you are a skill player so there is no point calling out others.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I wanna know the Skype trick please.

Thanks!