test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Could someone explain Mod 3 rewards to me?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have been playing the new module for a few days, doing the dailies mostly and farming some HE's (although I usually just get around 25-35 AD) But I don't really know what else there is to it.
I know there's the black ice equipment, I've seen a vendor in Caer Konig that sells 4 pieces of it, head, chest,legs and weapon, what about the arms and the other weapon? how to get those? by doing epic HE's?
Also how does black ice equipment work? you need to use black ice to keep its stats or something? I know it's supposedly fueled by black ice but I don't know how it really works.
Also is that black ice equipment better than previous T1 or T2 equipment?
And what is the other black ice equipment? the purified or corrupted black ice equipment? I think I can only get that by uding the black ice profession right? And to do that I need more gauntlets that for now are pretty expensive so that's out of the question for me.
Is there anything else I should know about the new module? (not the pvp campaign, I got that pretty clear so far)
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Arms and main hand both drop from HEs.

Black Ice gear doesn't get empowered, the corrupted/purified versions do. Those are made with the black ice profession at level 2 and 3. You can craft it all with just one gauntlet.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ah, thanks for clarifying that, and how is the regular black ice equipment compared to T1, T2 in general?
    I'm in the middle of getting my T1 equipment and then T2 and then black ice, but maybe if I can get regular black ice now it's not worth to get T1 or T2 before.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heroic encounters give Raw Black Ice, not AD.

The other two Black Ice pieces come from Major and Epic heroic encounters. Epic ones have a much higher chance of dropping them though. Weapons are in Dwarven Valley and Bracers are in Icewind Pass I think.

Normal Black Ice gear is just what it says. It's probably like Tier 2 with no set bonus or special enchantment slots. Not great but not completely awful either.

Corrupted and Purified is where it gets really good. The "Tier 2" that it starts with when crafted is better than ordinary Tier 2, at least last I checked. If you feed Black Ice into it, you can get it to Tier 3 which is by far the best gear in the game. You do need to feed a little Black Ice into it to keep it up as it deteriorates in combat, but it isn't much at all. Especially if you get those Black Ice Salves or a Black Ice Ioun Stone. You get one Minor Black Ice Salve every day.

You don't need more gauntlets to get Corrupted or Purified. It will speed it up if you have more gauntlets, but you will still get there fine if you just keep running the task with the one you have and doing your dailies.

to get Black Ice Gear upgraded, you will want to go for the Black Ice Forge investments as soon as they come up.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ah, yeah sorry I meant raw black ice, not AD, thanks for correcting me.
    ah, so regular black ice equipment is close to tier 2, maybe i should try to get it instead of completing the t1 set.
    2e2qwj6.jpg