Install Arc
Options

Ninja Nerf or just bugged?

2»

Comments

• Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Players have been able to parse AP gain with logs and ACT for a long time now. Hardly impossible...

...We can parse the exact AP gain from each encounter or ability via the Power Replenish column in ACT.

Thanks for the information, although now I'm curious why your character doesn't generate AP on every hit they make and how your AP managed to actually do damage according to the parse.

I'm not convinced but I'll take a closer look at that ACT Plugin and the logs themselves. It's been quite some time since I looked at it, and to be honest when I checked (at least six months ago, if not a year) there wasn't a decent .cs plugin for Neverwinter. They were all pretty glitchy when it came to non-damage numbers.

I'll be happy to be wrong on this one.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah it's kinda misleading. The numbers in that table are not 'damage' figures at all. That's just what the table calls it. They are all AP gained. The pie chart shows the respective contributions of powers for overall AP gain, so steal time was accounting for about 1/4 of overall AP gain etc. The 'Damage' column shows the total AP gained from each ability over a period of time.

You can actually look at AP gained each hit as well
    y5CQAWv.png

If I am interested in logging damage I just use another subtable which actually looks at damage dealt, for example
    D7ECwh0.png
    (I just pulled a random example of a friend's CW, don't get hung up about numbers ok :P)

Your character should generate AP on every successful hit. I can break this down further with ACT on a power by power analysis.

Side note: Once you start looking at AP gain you find something disturbing...
    AP gain when attack dodged = 0%
    AP gain vs GWF in unstoppable = 50% (see top picture)
    AP gain vs TR in ITC = 25%

Anyway, better stop sidetracking. Do have a fiddle and see how you go.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more