test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Explain Black Ice Crafting Please?

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
So,

I was looking over Black Ice Crafting. Certain Armor pieces have T1, T2, and T3 results. The difference? Nothing I could see except this.

T1: Armor
T2: Armor +1500 Black Ice
T3) Armor +3000 Black Ice

I'm assuming this means the only extra benefit from crafting the T2 or T3 set is a bit more Black Ice?

A confirmation would be great.
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    its going to take anyone atleast 10 days from now to even start to craft the armor, and the other teirs probably just give more black ice which you stated
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And by the way? How do you get from level 1 to 2? There's no task that actually gives experience.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And by the way? How do you get from level 1 to 2? There's no task that actually gives experience.

I believe progressing the skill comes from advancing in the Campaign.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You leveling up the profession by the Icewind Dale Campaign. Ya I know it's a big jumbled mess but they are there if you read them.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Yup.

Cryptic didn't want it to be...."unfair" for people without mithral crafting tools.

So the only different between a common tool and a mithral tool is some black ice returned. The gear is similar.
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    how u get the guy u need to make the black ice craft? made all the quests and still no clue :/
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So I suppose you have to do the daily's for 35 days before you can get to the t3 weapons? Then by then you should pretty much have what you need mat wise to craft atleast one of the weapons maybe both. 35 days will always sound depressing though. ;D
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Black Ice is an interesting profession. Upgrading your worker doesn't take 4 lesser skilled workers, quality tools only increase the effectiveness of tasks (as opposed to granting crappy lower tier results), and leveling comes through the campaign. Armorcrafting tasks do NOT require levels in an appropriate armorsmithing profession, weapons do not require weaponsmithing, and nothing requires any sort of alchemy or artificing.

It's a profession for people who don't do professions. In other words, it's tailor-made for PvP players. Maybe Cryptic views this as a gateway drug?

I'm disappointed. I hoped there'd be some synergy with existing professions/tools/tasks.