test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gonna be honest

frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Open world pvp doesn't seem 100% balanced.

Reuploaded pic
http://oi61.tinypic.com/25kr7yp.jpg

Also the motherlode didn't spawn once they reached. Also dying after the first phase ends resets your score which I reported a while back..

Tbh I didn't expect much out of it but do want injuries removed and bugs to be fixed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hahahaha pvp is dead on the opening night. Nothing much to expect, I've spammed CN 4/4 more than 300 times, nothing else to do. I've seen better maps done by players using the foundry. The devs crew is so good that they managed to bug CWs orbs, they are all bad aligned when floating. You gotta have skills to do smthing like that. gratz
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tourage16 wrote: »
    hahahaha pvp is dead on the opening night. Nothing much to expect, I've spammed CN 4/4 more than 300 times, nothing else to do. I've seen better maps done by players using the foundry. The devs crew is so good that they managed to bug CWs orbs, they are all bad aligned when floating. You gotta have skills to do smthing like that. gratz

To begin with the had a cooler orb rotation effect but they decided there was issues with it so changed it to this. I didn't report it personally since my orb looks better in the new orientation imo. I can understand that it wouldn't for other orbs.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Open world pvp doesn't seem 100% balanced.

And it will never be, it's called open pvp and not tournament arena for a reason...
    edited May 2014
    And it will never be, it's called open pvp and not tournament arena for a reason...

I never expected it would be.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Regular PVP isn't 100% balanced. What else is new?

This new mode isn't gonna solve all the problems of regular PVP you know.....
  • tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To begin with the had a cooler orb rotation effect but they decided there was issues with it so changed it to this. I didn't report it personally since my orb looks better in the new orientation imo. I can understand that it wouldn't for other orbs.

tell this to people who use the many-arrows skull... my skull now looks horrible, it's layied down
  • rocklee227rocklee227 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tourage16 wrote: »
    tell this to people who use the many-arrows skull... my skull now looks horrible, it's layied down

its take a break, because it is tired of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> excuse of a mod
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014

This. Stop crying.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Get ready for nerfs and changes that will screw up the 90% pve facet of the game.
    edited May 2014
    This. Stop crying.

I hope that's not directed at me because I never actually expressed any opinion. Though I do actually think it's horrible, but I hate normal pvp and played on preview so knew what to expect. That doesn't mean I can't understand those that do enjoy it.
    edited May 2014
    I hope that's not directed at me because I never actually expressed any opinion. Though I do actually think it's horrible, but I hate normal pvp and played on preview so knew what to expect. That doesn't mean I can't understand those that do enjoy it.

I got some bad news for you, regular PVP is terribly imbalanced and has been for months. Some classes are inherently better than others. People participate in arms race *cough elixirs cough* to get an advantage. This is merely another avenue for it
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tell me about it. Started our glorious new ranking system with 4 deaths because I got on when the opposition was dominant and just wanted to finish the %^%<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>%^& mission so I could make dinner.
    edited May 2014
    I got some bad news for you, regular PVP is terribly imbalanced and has been for months. Some classes are inherently better than others. People participate in arms race *cough elixirs cough* to get an advantage. This is merely another avenue for it

Well even if the sides and skill was even you'd still have imbalances since companions are enabled. Most people won't have invested too much into them but some that want an advantage probably would. Especially the slime.
  • twgoodmantwgoodman Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well even if the sides and skill was even you'd still have imbalances since companions are enabled. Most people won't have invested too much into them but some that want an advantage probably would. Especially the slime.

RL poor person complaint here. Once you except that the 1%'ers play games too the sooner you accept you had no business playing this game. Go to college and get a future. Then you can pwn FTP games too! In the meantime, stay bent over. We won't let you up. I promise :)
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is ALWAYS the outcome when you shoehorn PvP into a PvE designed game. We all lose.
    edited May 2014

And there are elixirs in regular PVP. A lot of them you have to buy to sustain your supply. Stat bonus etc. Lots and lots of different types that stack.

Again, this is nothing new from regular PVP domination.
  • wanderhoofwanderhoof Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PvP is an inherently tricky thing to balance for any game because of the constantly changing meta. The only way you can ever have truly balanced PvP is if everyone had the same class, skills, and gear. But, that would take depth and nuance out of the game environment.

Unless there are truly broken mechanics (wall exploits, non-functioning skills, glitchy environmentals, etc.), I suggest taking PvP for what is. And, if you enjoy it, great - play it. If not, don't. I do not say this harshly ir critically, but just as a reality of RPG PvP and its inherent strengths and weaknesses.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I understand the complain about the PvP Domination balance, but complaining about a Open World PvP not being balanced?, in what game you saw a Open World PvP balanced?, in the games I've played, if there was a Open World PvP you just could get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by +30 players, what balance are you asking?.
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    I understand the complain about the PvP Domination balance, but complaining about a Open World PvP not being balanced?, in what game you saw a Open World PvP balanced?, in the games I've played, if there was a Open World PvP you just could get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by +30 players, what balance are you asking?.
    true enough!
    But as a DC you will most certainly get bashed on by each and every other class and player, making it "unbalanced". But this is not only since yesterday. But since yesterday it is more visible.
    I am aware that there might be 3 DC out there that can take down any other class in 1 on 1. At least if the other player is AFK.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You have to group up for Open PVP, it's not solo content.
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    You have to group up for Open PVP, it's not solo content.

DC's do not have it easy in PvP Campaign, I've been trying to reduce the hp of an opponent near them to the smallest sliver an encounter will allow so they can finish them off, and one thing stands out.

At 10k-12k gs, a DC can struggle to take away the last of the red bar.

I did meet one in Openworld PvP that made me use the new potions though, pretty cool potions.

Ofc Trade looked like this: Don't forget [Iceforge <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>] people.

So I looked in wrong o.o
    edited May 2014
    Reuploaded the pic with new super improved @handle censors! The reason for sharing it was the scale of the side imbalance (as a general interest kind of thing) rather than whining which some people seem to have missed.