test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ranger upset

areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Cmon, you give us an entire new paragon path but no retraining token? The CW got a free token(my other char is a cw flame so I know this) why can't the ranger?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think they meant its pay to unlock for toons already that had chosen a paragon path...ie have to buy respec token.

Its free if you either create a new ranger or have a ranger that hasn't reached 30/selected paragon path.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    I think they meant its pay to unlock for toons already that had chosen a paragon path...ie have to buy respec token.

Its free if you either create a new ranger or have a ranger that hasn't reached 30/selected paragon path.

u can get token for ad...so it still can be free
  • Options
    greenarrowczegreenarrowcze Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    warpet wrote: »

Yea about 300.000 AD.. Great.. but i don't even have an epic bow.. i have only armor.. I really can't spend 300.000 AD for respec that CW had free...
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Generating AD is free via daily quests, selling items on the AH and Leadership profession so in this case, I think @warpet means that you won't have to pay real money to get a respec token.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    warpet wrote: »

Seriously?
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    Generating AD is free via daily quests, selling items on the AH and Leadership profession so in this case, I think @warpet means that you won't have to pay real money to get a respec token.

Yeah sure just do dailies and level leadership for 2 months to get your respec. No problem friend.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You get free Respec Token in freebie "New Adventurer's" pack (and if you've *ever* in the last year transferred Zen to NW, you'll get the pack). So, ummm... there you go. This thread is now declared MOOT by me. -=winks=-
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You get free Respec Token in freebie "New Adventurer's" pack (and if you've *ever* in the last year transferred Zen to NW, you'll get the pack). So, ummm... there you go. This thread is now declared MOOT by me. -=winks=-

Really? Man thats not free.. I have to buy some sh*t to get this pack..
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I'm still not sure if that is true. Based on my reading of it, you are eligible for it, but you still have to buy more zen.

Therefore, no, not moot.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm still not sure if that is true. Based on my reading of it, you are eligible for it, but you still have to buy more zen.

Therefore, no, not moot.

I think you have to buy 500 zen to get this pack..Really? Token costs 300! :D

That's what i call a good business :DDDDD
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    go to the zen market...and see if it shows up as zero to buy the pack they are mentioning...I saw it there on mine but I have transferred money in for zen...so for those who haven't ever put any money in go see if it shows up as zero buy pack.

I have to buy 500 zen 1st so its useless for me..
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Speaking of Rangers, anyone else notice that the split shot nerf seems to be more than 25% or is it just me?
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've transfered plenty AD this year,no free respec in my Zen menu ingame...
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Speaking of Rangers, anyone else notice that the split shot nerf seems to be more than 25% or is it just me?

I went from 5100 to 4000, feels more like 20%.

Clear the ground the is nowhere near being roughly 50% though.
  • Options
    frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I bought some zen in April in the pack is locked for me.

On the plus side though, the new path is pretty crappy so you're not really missing out on anything.
  • Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This has nothing to do with the First timer pack, the ranged class was implemented INCOMPLETE.
    People had no choice in choosing their paragon path, it's totally unfair now to ask for a respec cost.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    I went from 5100 to 4000, feels more like 20%.

Clear the ground the is nowhere near being roughly 50% though.

Did you have combat advantage going? I think combat advantage has been buffed pretty significantly, which is actually great for HRs since we can have it going all the time.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Did you have combat advantage going? I think combat advantage has been buffed pretty significantly, which is actually great for HRs since we can have it going all the time.

I don't think combat advantage changes the damage displayed.
  • Options
    kuskusgilakuskusgila Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    Look into your log when dealing damage to enemy.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2014
    Havent logged in yet (Having to patch even though I already pre-patched days ago) but if this is true it is complete BS, every class got a free respec when their new paragons were released...
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited May 2014

no it certainly does i believe its base is 15% more damage not sure though more if you have other bonuses and some cha.

but yeah was kinda hoping to try out the finalized paragon.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh hey... whaddaya know... my HR got a free respec on second login.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Vindication.
    Feels nice. LOL

Now, how many of you will publicly THANK Cryptic for your GIFT of a free respec?

-Just curious-
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    kuskusgila wrote: »
    Oh hey... whaddaya know... my HR got a free respec on second login.

Logged in four times to check. Still no respec.
    Vindication.
    Feels nice. LOL

Now, how many of you will publicly THANK Cryptic for your GIFT of a free respec?

-Just curious-

If they give us one I will. If they continue to not give us one I will not. Does it still feel nice?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    Logged in four times to check. Still no respec.
    Have you tried completing today ICD dailies?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Look into your log when dealing damage to enemy.

Talking about damage displayed in menu and UI.
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Have you tried completing today ICD dailies?

I've completed the dailies (with a HR), and logged in 3 times since then. No respec. *sulks*
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    MOD NOTICE:

I've snipped the off topic discussion from this thread. As a final reminder, any and all commentary on this board is governed by the Neverwinter Rules of Conduct and Perfect World Entertainment Terms of Service--both of which all posters agreed to at the time of account creation. As a privately owned forum, your posting privilege can be suspended or revoked for violation of either.

If you have any questions about a post or thread being moderated, please use the PM system to address such concerns. Do NOT post such concerns publicly.

Do not publicly reply or respond to this notice, but send a PM with any questions you may have.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Maybe you can get a respect token for AD.

The last few times I checked, the Zen on the AD/Zen exchange was completely sold out.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min