test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mail / AH / Market

butimonlybutimonly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
--- MAIL ---
Sometimes my mailbox contains about 6000 mails. And its significant reduce FPS in game when mail window just opened. I can't fast delete empty 'Auction House' mail. So we need separate Tab for mail from 'Auction', or feature for filter mail by tabs or category. Also it will bee good add additional button "Clear All" for delete empty mail from auction house, also "Collect All AD from all sold lots". Also may be good idea post items from AH to Overflow bag if inventory is full.

--- Auction House ---
I think we need separate items only for Bids and only for Buyuot. Because with 400 limit items I frequently see only for Bid items even if items for Buyout is present, but I can't buyout it while only for Bid items more than 400.

'SELECT DISTINCT' ... It mean what if one person post same item with same price values it can be cut from 40 lines to 1. For example I post 3 Blue Rare Items with same attributes and values. Only one difference between them: Expired Time. But it can be ommit and round if items post in 1 hour gap for example.
Second example, stacked items. 40 (AH limit) x 99 stacks of Major Injury Kit = 40 lines only for 1 person. So people can see only goods from 10 person. But it can also can be one line: 99x40=3960 (quantity).

Add option for search all goods from concrete vendor/person. For example I want find all cheap good from diffenet categories from one vendor/person. So I can see he's 40 posted to AH items.

Add option for auto-prolongate item for more 1 day (after 5 days expired), with cost additional fee for it.

Create 'Bag of Goods' item what can contain placed into it items and sell on AH. For example named it 'All for Dungeon for 60 lvl' and it can contain:
"x99 Potion of Major Healing"
"x99 Major Injury Kit"

Develop "I'll will buy it" system in AH. I copy link for some item and post it on AH with price and quantity. For example I want buy 10 'Greater Mark of Potency' for 95k AD, so I post my request to AH and go to sleep. At morning I login into game and see 6 'Greater Mark of Potency' what selled to me somebody at night. So I don't need yelling in Trade chat all night (GMT difference).

Extension. Post WTT on AH what I want change. For example I have 2 links for items [Enchanted Key] and [Greater Mark of Potency], so I post these links to AH with parameters: x2 My [Enchanted Key] for your x1 [Greater Mark Of Potency]

Create JackPot counter for all money what collection by AH fees. For example I post item. It cost fee for postion and for selling, so it increased JackPot counter by this value. And player can have chance for win some AD from this balance when he's item will buyout.
Post edited by butimonly on

Comments

• tagaristagaris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can't fast delete empty 'Auction House' mail.

Only as a work around until a real solution is made: You can delete mails quite fast by quickly spamming the delete key one time and enter key two times. Carefull, though! You can accidently delete AD attachments if the mails are not empty.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Very good ideas, to be sure.

However, your lack of organization by allowing your mail inbox to reach so many messages falls to you, not Cryptic. If having that many junk messages in your inbox causes problems/issues/anomalies in-game (like an FPS hit) then you'll just have to take the time to clean it up, one message at a time, or deal with the performance hit. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just stating a fact.

As for the Auction House: I agree that when there are more than 400 of any item it can be difficult to find exactly what you know you are looking for. So my answer is: don't be lazy, if you know the precise name of what you're looking for then search for the precise name to narrow your search. As for no-bid items or no-buyout items, click the Buyout header to change the sorting from ascending to descending and the buyout items will appear. Will you see the lowest buyout? Possibly not. To actually buy this way is a decision you'll have to make for yourself.

Again: good ideas. However, because I just don't see them being implemented any time soon, my contribution is to kick you in the butt to do what you already know you'll have to do on your own. Now get to it, soldier! :)