test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips on Professions

bathaalbathaal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I have two toons and I'm wondering if I'm picking the right professions for each toon.
My Control Wizard I've taken leadership, artificing and leatherworking.
My Devoted Cleric I've taken Leadership, platesmithing and I'm not certain what other to pick.

Any help or tips on what to take would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, one last question. Is there a thread or someplace I can go that explains how to craft? I'm relatively new to the game and haven't figured it out yet. :o
Post edited by bathaal on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cleric should be Mailsmithing.

Wizard should be Tailoring.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To expand on this.

Tailoring is for Wizards.
    Leatherworking is for Rogues and Rangers.
    Mailsmithing is for Clerics and Great weapon fighters
    Plate is for Guardian fighters

Artificing makes weapons for Clerics and Wizards
    Weaponsmithing makes weapons for everyone else.
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Alchemy is one of the fastest professions to level. Leadership is the most profitable and can help you level Alchemy. I put together a guide on "Leveling Leadership Profession to 20". (shameless plug)

Dont forget to unlock as many profession slots as possible. You can open an extra slot by purchasing 4x Grand Alchemists for 5000 AD each. Then when a slot is opened you can pass the Alchemists off to another character.

To open another profession slot if you have the AD you can also purchase a Grand Alchemist (epic) for 25K-30K AD and purchase a Mithral Mortar, a Philosopher's Stone and a Mithral Crucible for about 100,000 AD each. I suggest buying one of each plus one more asset of which ever is cheapest. That way you can make an attempt on any of the rare potions for a 60% chance to open another profession slot.

Sockmunkey and Magenubbie provided some great tips I have used.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • oldcampaigneroldcampaigner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OK, I went to the gamepedia (never knew it existed before) but I still don't understand the whole thing. Why should I do all this? What's the reward for all the time and effort?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OK, I went to the gamepedia (never knew it existed before) but I still don't understand the whole thing. Why should I do all this? What's the reward for all the time and effort?

In a nutshell, earn AD.
    Jewelcrafting allows you to make Personal Ring (which cannot be purchased or trade or transferred).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • selinieselinie Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hudman21 wrote: »
    Alchemy is one of the fastest professions to level. Leadership is the most profitable and can help you level Alchemy. I put together a guide on "Leveling Leadership Profession to 20". (shameless plug)

Dont forget to unlock as many profession slots as possible. You can open an extra slot by purchasing 4x Grand Alchemists for 5000 AD each. Then when a slot is opened you can pass the Alchemists off to another character.

To open another profession slot if you have the AD you can also purchase a Grand Alchemist (epic) for 25K-30K AD and purchase a Mithral Mortar, a Philosopher's Stone and a Mithral Crucible for about 100,000 AD each. I suggest buying one of each plus one more asset of which ever is cheapest. That way you can make an attempt on any of the rare potions for a 60% chance to open another profession slot.

Sockmunkey and Magenubbie provided some great tips I have used.

Where can I find this guide?