test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best Crit Gear for TR?

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hello, I know this might be the wrong section of the forums but its the one with views, so here it goes:

Lately I have been trying to improve my gear and what is happening is that I see that I can't get out of 12-13k in GS, currently I am building crit/armor pen/power and for that I am using Sinister Shade Gear.

Can someone tell me how I can get 14k+ gear score even if I have to change gear? I only have 1 artifact but I can't level up more because I never put money into this game and it costs alot to level it!
I am also half way on boons.

This is kinda unfair as I know my gear is better than most, I can get pvp easy, pve np, I even made a 5 TR dungeon today and I was the one kiting, only died once, but i've seen other classes with blue gear at 12k GS while you can't do it with TR (Dont even try it, it only goes to about max 10k) and GF for example get 16k easy.

Why is this a problem? I don't get accepted for dungeons!
"LF TR" *says GS*
"Sorry, bad gear"

Any way you guys can help me improve? This is a real pain in the butt!
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Because CW/GWF can do dungeons better than a TR...people will pick something that will speed up the progress through the dungeon.

And it's not about GS really. GF can hit 20k+ mark without extra efforts as they have x2 power feat in conqueror paragon feats.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sinister shade is the cheaper gear for tr and it sucks.
    A full rank 10 with 3 lv 100 artifacts reach 16.2k gs so i really dont know what your problem is
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    And it's not about GS really. GF can hit 20k+ mark without extra efforts as they have x2 power feat in conqueror paragon feats.

That will no longer be the case with module 3.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That will no longer be the case with module 3.
    Yeap, I've heard of that already.

At least people will stop frowning at low gs tactician and protectors in their parties. I hope so...
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd suggest the crit rings for the pegasus seals for getting higher crit, once you get this try to put a minimal amount into crit as this will give you enough to max your dps with any amount of power really. You could try using a mix of two sets for their 2 piece set bonus' for example getting sinister shade and Master Assassin will give a good amount of power. The update coming soon will give another artifact if you have an alt on 3 boons as well, this will end up giving two artifacts depending on the classes of your two toons.

But as mentioned earlier it's just because CW and GWF are so much better for completing a dungeon in fast times even with a low gear score.
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Because CW/GWF can do dungeons better than a TR...people will pick something that will speed up the progress through the dungeon.

It IS, people are only accepting TRs with 14k+ for T2 dungeons! I don't have that so I rarely get a chance to use DD!
    I know it should not work like that, but sadly, it is! I can be the one in the partie taking the boss, then everyone dies and I can still be up for as much time as I want until they say "Die". Once I tried to say I had 16k GS and 10 seconds I got 3 replies...

Artifacts are really hard to level up for me, unless I am doing something wrong or people buy those things on Zen market to level them fast!

If you can tell me a Non -money involving solution for this wich is not that hard, Tell me!
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Start pvping and get Bloodycrystal raven skull artifact for 24k glory. Lvling it to blue is only 22k Refining points which is about 15-20 rank 5 enchants + mark of potency, and the cost of that is about 15-20k AD+ 15k for mark (really cheap imo).

Another artifact you can get from shadowmantle daily dungeon (it takes some time before it drops...). Also stacking health in defensive slots will increase ur GS.

Anyway if youre mostly PvE player my advice is change class to CW, youll always find dungeon party as a CW...
  • Options
    masterjet1masterjet1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    barq3t wrote: »
    Start pvping and get Bloodycrystal raven skull artifact for 24k glory. Lvling it to blue is only 22k Refining points which is about 15-20 rank 5 enchants + mark of potency, and the cost of that is about 15-20k AD+ 15k for mark (really cheap imo).

i agree with this post and also i agree with burn2000 that the neverwinter community is not as it should be but i found a way to lvl up easily, get epic gear and tier 2 gear and get to 15k GS with my TR . All i did was join a guild. Not a PVP guild or those guilds that have all those exaggerated conditions to join, just a nice guild with ppl that want to meet cool ppl and get stronger. they wont kick low GS out of parties and give hints to completing dungeons and quests with maximum benefits
    #*# Why do i have two blades? #*#
    ^^ Its just awesome^^
    :cool::cool:
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dat necro.
  • Options
    ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i would say work for a set of tier 2 swash buckling armor, you can find these in the end dungeon chest during dd or with key or buy the armor set off ah as they are very very cheap rite now, imo is best for pve b/c of the 1k power and recovery boot for dmg and recharge/ ap gain. this armor gives plenty of crit and recovery so only thing left if u need more crit is a tier 2 set of weapons for +450 crit, u can buy off AH the ancient spymaster ones, or farm them from valindras tower - 50k to unlock and the dread legion daggers arent that rare to get.

once u get the swash, salvage ur old gears, and work on filling those 2 artifact slots up as these will boost ur gs a big chunk. u can get from ah, pvp campaign, or the IWD sigils.

for rings/ammy/belt i wud suggest using the drake seal store ones, as they are good, cheap, and easy to get.

to get to 14k+ gs, u need a tier 2 set of armor, tier 2 set of weapons for 450+ crit, epic ring ammy belt of tier 2 quality or drake seal ones, maybe like rank 5 or 6 enchants, and 3 artifacts leveld to epic or atleast close to epic as possible. i dont know exact figures but working on these things wil build ur gs up alot and i reached 15k with having all these i think lol.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Best Crit gear for TR?

"Stealth"

Works everytime.