test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

shocking execution

revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
So ive been looking around for the rumor that SE is getting nerfed by 60% But i can find it anywere (i might be bad at looking at this mess of a forum :P ) Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Post edited by revovlerjesus1 on

Comments

• Options
    shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really hope not... That's a very brutal nerf to a daily that was already nerfed into uselessness in the past and only recently started to be useful again...

I could understand an 'adjustment' to it, so it had less base damage but scaled more with missing hp, so it functioned more like an execute ability and less like a burst damage nuke. But.. a flat our damage nerf will just make it useless again :/
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Did they nerf it by 60% or did they actually FIX it.

I'd like to know the answer as well if anyone has tested it
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So ive been looking around for the rumor that SE is getting nerfed by 60% But i can find it anywere (i might be bad at looking at this mess of a forum :P ) Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I haven't checked my TR on preview in a while, but I think the base damage to SE was nerfed when you look at it in the powers window. Again, I'm just going off of memory. Copy over your TR and check to see if you are really curious enough.
  • Options
    nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    SE on test is 'nerfed' at about 25% and as a TR i can say one thing: this is good change. You can still hit those 20k crit strikes, but target need to be below 50% health. It seems not doing another +100% damage below 10% but i think this is doesnt matter... 20k for char below 50% is more then enough, and only if it crits.
  • Options
    tittlemcgrittletittlemcgrittle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Base damage was lowered by 28% that's just tooltip calculation I haven't tested it's applied damage though.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did they nerf it by 60% or did they actually FIX it.

Hard to tell. I think so far powers benefited from the power stat in different ways and it has been suggested that SE scales very well (or too well) with it. Since they now gave the power stat a flat dmg increase SE could be on of the powers that received a "nerf" that way.

But there also have been reports of 50k hits from full health on GWFs, which would indicate a bug. Anyway, I'm glad the toned it down, it was necessary.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's just a rumor that TRs are trying to make us believe. But actually it's not only SE that deserves a nerf.

Azrik deals 9393 (13726) Physical to you with Lashing Blade.

This is not even a Daily. Nerfs have still to be added by the ton to this class, until the TRs win because they know how to play and not just because they are TRs.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    It's just a rumor that TRs are trying to make us believe. But actually it's not only SE that deserves a nerf.

This is not even a Daily. Nerfs have still to be added by the ton to this class, until the TRs win because they know how to play and not just because they are TRs.

Lashing blade isn't bad, it has a high cooldown and crits with severity in stealth. Shocking execution is though since there's not really much you can do to prevent it, which wouldn't be so bad if it did do a lot of damage and bypassed all kinds of damage and tenacity.
  • Options
    shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That's nice. Every class can do this

GWFs can hit 30k + crits with Indomitable Battle Strike
    CW can hit 30k+ crits with Icy Rays
    GF can hit 60k+ crits with Anvil of Doom

I mean, rangers can hit harder than your quoted number with an at-will, nevermind an encounter.

Clerics, can't really say but a full dps Cleric can probably hit atleast 20k crits

I'm really starting to get bored with every Thread than mentions rogues getting filled with bad players complaing about things that aren't even close to being an issue.

Anyway.. back on topic, this isn't a 'boo hoo I lost to a rogue in PvP nerf them please' thread, so can we keep on topic?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Lashing Blade has an extremely long cooldown and is very easy to expect and dodge, so its really not that bad.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The thing is a lot of people on this thread said about there being no counter to shocking execution. This is total rubbish, there is a loud sound that plays when it is used warning you that it's coming. Most CC ability's can be cast faster than the daily which means you can counter it rather easy by interrupting it, for example my disruptive shot is great for this and can set me up to counter with DOT damage and foxes shift. The OPness of the ability isn't it's damage but the fact it ignores defense which is bad news for GF or clerics if they don't deflect. Both of these have knocks to interrupt, GF can block it and cleric can dodge it.

Of course a good rogue could use impossible to catch before using SE to stop the CC, doesn't stop you dodging it and it means he put his impossible on cooldown and is now pretty open to being stun locked.

Something much harder to counter for many classes is perma stealth, rogue burst damage isn't that much of a problem.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just make it dodgeable ffs. That's all.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If they make it dodgeable then they should really shorten the casting time, or it would be way too easy.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The thing is a lot of people on this thread said about there being no counter to shocking execution. This is total rubbish, there is a loud sound that plays when it is used warning you that it's coming. Most CC ability's can be cast faster than the daily which means you can counter it rather easy by interrupting it, for example my disruptive shot is great for this and can set me up to counter with DOT damage and foxes shift. The OPness of the ability isn't it's damage but the fact it ignores defense which is bad news for GF or clerics if they don't deflect. Both of these have knocks to interrupt, GF can block it and cleric can dodge it.

Of course a good rogue could use impossible to catch before using SE to stop the CC, doesn't stop you dodging it and it means he put his impossible on cooldown and is now pretty open to being stun locked.

Something much harder to counter for many classes is perma stealth, rogue burst damage isn't that much of a problem.

You sure you're playing NeverWinter? ^^

Shocking Execution has been undodgeable since the very existence of this game ;p

It doesn't need to be nerfed, it just needs to be DODGEABLE, that's all.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    shrewguy wrote: »

Wait. Are you talking about PvP here? Your numbers are WAY off.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why is this witch hunt not been answered by somebody that actually knows why SE is overpowered?

The thing is that SE use to be balanced and now it isn't, why? because of tenacity.

The tooltip in SE says that it ignores ALL resistance. Therefore SE goes beyond the intended bounds of tenacity and hence becoming the strongest ability in PvP because no other ability can step out of the bounds of tenacity.

The quickest, simplest, and easiest fix, is to make SE not ignore Tenacity just like every other single ability.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It should also be fixed since it goes through impossible to catch and valindras crown's immunity, maybe even the dc's immunity skill? It does do too much damage from slightly higher health rather than actually being a finisher as intended. Never had an issue with it before, but if making tenacity apply to it fixes the overwhelming damage then they can just do that. It can be annoying being one of the few dailies you can't dodge but it's not something I can live without being changed. I kind of think all targeted dailies should be undodgeable tbh.
  • Options
    jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2014
    It seems like everyone on this thread is shocked when they get executed! get it?!...no?..oh....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.
  • Options
    sirpattonsirpatton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shrewguy wrote: »

This is true but only on PvE no on PvP. And GF need some specific condition to do this, of course i hit my GF even over 100k but only on debuffed boss and i do this only 2-3 times.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "GF can hit 60k+ crits with Anvil of Doom"

i am GF since beta.6,6k power or 8,2 power depending on set(KC /timeless).15,7% critical with out timeless.Can please someone gives me tips how to hit with 60k?
    I am unable at the moment.
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This nerf was back in module 2, they nerfed its damage for 60% base and removed prone. You probaby saw that and confused the things.
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You should really try to play TR and I BET YOU that you wont be able to hit 80% of your lashing blades. I promise! Its just so easy to predict and SOOOO many times lag saves you from it. its also really easy to dodge and btw, crits are indeed supposed to be strong, but it does not have that base damage. By your logic GWF can hit me 22k with IBT and CW 17k with Icy Rays, get over it!