test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help me please... my GWF had his at will powers swaped some how?

nirraddrappehsnirraddrappehs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
umm my reaping strike and sure strike at wills have swaped places and now I no longer have 3 ranks in sure strike and now have 3 ranks in reaping strike, I never use reaping strike so should only have 1 rank in it. my dmg with sure strike is notacably lower as well so i think the powers and anamations swaped places but not the ranks spent please reverse this. as I am lvl 60 I am worried a respeck will alow me to "fix" this but what if its patched and reverses this as well I dont want to have to pay to fix a problem i never caused. frankly I am at a loss how this happined at all. pls help me asap. origionaly submitted to game support on: 04/25/2014 04:21 PM this was the 1st time i noticed this problem. after several screen shots and updated t ickets later i receved this msg.

<< removed personal communications >>
Post edited by nirraddrappehs on

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    support can't fix the issue so they're asking you to submit a bug report so the devs can take a look at it but i can assure you, if this were a major issue, it would be more widespread. trying to replicate this issue is going to be nearly impossible. and if they can't replicate it, they won't know how to fix it. was this something that you just suddenly noticed or did it happen after a series of in-game actions?

support can't edit your character to switch these encounter power points and i doubt it is in their policy to issue a respec for an issue that at this point is nothing but a claim. you could try replying to your ticket, but there may be nothing else for you to do but to buy your own respec token. this hasn't been announced but due to class changes in the upcoming module, GWFs may be getting a free respec token. i'd wait until next tuesday to be sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    support can't fix the issue so they're asking you to submit a bug report so the devs can take a look at it but i can assure you, if this were a major issue, it would be more widespread. trying to replicate this issue is going to be nearly impossible. and if they can't replicate it, they won't know how to fix it. was this something that you just suddenly noticed or did it happen after a series of in-game actions?

support can't edit your character to switch these encounter power points and i doubt it is in their policy to issue a respec for an issue that at this point is nothing but a claim. you could try replying to your ticket, but there may be nothing else for you to do but to buy your own respec token. this hasn't been announced but due to class changes in the upcoming module, GWFs may be getting a free respec token. i'd wait until next tuesday to be sure.

I wish I had more info but all i did was log in and notice my sure strike was not slotted in my left click and when i went to slot it in i noticed it was no longer in the correct position on powers screen and it went from rank 3 to rank 1 thats all i know.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I will not purchas a respeck tolken I did not cause this issue if you look closely at my screen shot you will see sure strike is no longer the 1st power on the top left as it should be. how can i posably have caused this?
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As far as I know.. sure strike was never the first power.. (at least on any of my 3 GWF's, 4 if ya count the one I deleted in beta so I could switch servers,) you start with Reaping (which is a hateful power and it is just there to discourage people from playing a GWF, I suppose. Hahaha)

I suspect that if things switched up on you then it was because some video issue swapped them when you chose them. I have seen (and there are plenty of screenshots on the forum to indicate it) where the powers and boons and what all get jumbled around due to display issues.. even where people could not climb the boon ladder as a result.

Mod 3 comes out in like, a week, and with it will likely come a respec, free, and possibly forced for GWF's. No one has confirmed that who has any authority to put it out there, as far as I know, but history supports the idea.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's a week. If it's not resolved after that, then maybe other action might be necessary.

EDIT- (Corrected wording)

BTW- There is no screenshot, I guess MOD removed it along with the illegal text from support communication.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    So basically what I am hearing so far: nothing is going to be done to fix a problem I never caused.

I cant be leave Cryptic the same company that mabe my all time fave mmo, COH/COV cant help fix a game glitch.

also I urge who ever can access my account to see how much I have spent on PWE zen because if I have to spend one dollar to fix a problem I didn't cause the buck stops there.

here's a hint: I could have purchased a Xbox one by now and in less that 6months of play as well.

I'm not going to quit I will just patently farm and crunch ad and etc never more contributing a single dollar to your otherwise wonderful game because after sinking almost $150 on one single lvl 60 of which I currently have 6 and all have purchased zen you see I pay for both my-own and my wife's account we have purchased multiple character slots god knows how much zen for ad let alone mounts companions it will all stop.

I have been without my fav character as of 04/24/13 I filed a ticket that same day and have been given the run around for 10 days now...

10 days... of being given the run around asked to submit ticket after ticket and even asked to comment on customer service experience via a survey sent to my email asking about my experience after the "successful" resolution of my problem... honestly PWE has a bad rep on customer service and now I see why.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't think they removed the screenshot on purpose, it was just embedded in the text.
    They have to enforce a specific set of rules (keep in mind they are volunteers, not employees) and one of those rules is that posts of private communications (like the one between yourself and support) are not allowed to be shared on here.
    Don't shoot the messenger- I don't agree with all of the rules necessarily, I just have to accept them if I want to post here. I'm just sharing what I've observed.

If I posted text from an email from you to me, even with your expressed permission, it would also be removed, if noticed.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    don't worry I don't shoot messengers but I will shoot my credit card I use or this game threw a shredder, I understand there are volunteers doing the forums work.

yes I am frustrated and upset mostly because I was a cryptic account holder and after the PWE merger I have had nothing but problems.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    OK need to correct something a typo ed there:ill shoot my credit card I use for this game threw a shredder!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    the graphic link in your private message is only accessible to you and PWE support. it is the image you attached to your support ticket.

if you want to add it to this thread, you will need to either upload it here or use a 3rd party image site like imgur.com.

if my post was discouraging, it was not meant to. all companies have policies and procedures and PWE is no different when it comes to issues like this. all claim requests have to be investigated and justified. if more people report this issue, then it would become evident that the issue is a valid bug that needs to be corrected. since support referred you to report the issue, then it is likely that they have no reference that indicates justified action.

i'd also like to point out that support doesn't operate on the forums so there isn't anyone that could look up your account to see your zen purchases or anything like that. the community team which includes your community managers arkomatik and cmpinpointerror does not have the access to view game account information. also, submitting a bug report will rarely get a developer's response since this forum is meant solely for player reports.

so... i would hold out until next tuesday and see if they're going to issue a free respec for GWFs. kind of a round about way to getting a resolution to your issue, but unfortunately it may be the only solution.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    the graphic link in your private message is only accessible to you and PWE support. it is the image you attached to your support ticket.

if you want to add it to this thread, you will need to either upload it here or use a 3rd party image site like imgur.com.

if my post was discouraging, it was not meant to. all companies have policies and procedures and PWE is no different when it comes to issues like this. all claim requests have to be investigated and justified. if more people report this issue, then it would become evident that the issue is a valid bug that needs to be corrected. since support referred you to report the issue, then it is likely that they have no reference that indicates justified action.

i'd also like to point out that support doesn't operate on the forums so there isn't anyone that could look up your account to see your zen purchases or anything like that. the community team which includes your community managers arkomatik and cmpinpointerror does not have the access to view game account information. also, submitting a bug report will rarely get a developer's response since this forum is meant solely for player reports.

so... i would hold out until next tuesday and see if they're going to issue a free respec for GWFs. kind of a round about way to getting a resolution to your issue, but unfortunately it may be the only solution.

Which is EXACTLY why support recommending I post my issue on forums was dumb. Who is going to see it to actually fix my issue? I was told by customer support to do this....
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The player did nothing wrong, and has to pay for a respec? Or wait a week for a possible free respec, with his now unplayable char? I'd say that neither the Support nor the devs answered anything constructive here.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    The player did nothing wrong, and has to pay for a respec? Or wait a week for a possible free respec, with his now unplayable char? I'd say that neither the Support nor the devs answered anything constructive here.

Thank you lucifron44

Not only is there no confirmed re speck also what if the bug that affected my character is tied to my account and happens again, or too another character do I wait for module 4 for a free re speck?

If PWE can access and merge my old cryptic account and have errors that made it so I could not redeem arc rewards and have to wait a month for my rewards, is it inconceivable to think just mabe the problems with my account go deeper than just rewards issues.

put yourself in my shoes what if you come home from work log in and your main was pooched and for no fault of your own spend weeks now trying to get any resolution as to your problem and being told to post it on forums to have any tom, rick, and sally put there 2 cents worth on your problem and have your only solution be "well thankfully its a character class that will "maybe get a free re speck"??

what if iy was a cw,or tr.... then wheres my resolution.....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    support suggested you report the issue as a bug. i don't suspect they referred you here to resolve your issue since no one on the forums has access to your account and since bug reports are reports to the devs only, they are not support tickets. the devs do not handle support issues.

your claim is that your encounter points got somehow reassigned between two specific encounters. it is PWE's discretion how they choose to handle these claims. if this was a known issue, it's possible that there would be a set solution that support would issue. since support referred you to report it as a bug, then it is not a known issue. if support cannot replicate your issue, then it's possible that support cannot justify issuing you a solution. no offense, but if all it takes for anyone to get a free respec is to submit a report that their encounter points got reassigned somehow, then that would mean a reduction in revenue for the company. from a business perspective, they need to be able to verify that there is an issue before they start issuing respec tokens and they would also need to correct whatever bug is causing it.

you may not care about any of that and that's entirely fair, but your only recourse here is to go back to support. if you think the merging of your old cryptic account has something to do with this, then give them that information. the only thing that submitting a bug report is going to do is alert the dev team that this may be something to look into. this is not going to resolve your issue.

i'm closing this thread because it's not really serving you any purpose other than to complain. this is a support issue. please contact support.

Update by Zeb:
    . . . In addition to posting a Bug Report on the appropriate forum, you are also encouraged to post it as a Bug Report in-game as well. Type /bug in game to get started. Support Tickets and Bug Reports go to two separate departments. Support goes to Support/Game Masters and Bugs go to the Developers directly.

. . . Bug Reports are not responded to unless the Developer needs more details, as they are reports. Tickets on the other hand are the things to use when a user requires a response. In your case, Support suggested you file your issue as a Bug Report. If you need more information from Support on their reasoning, you should reply back to them and ask them. One response from Support does not mean that is the end. Discuss your issue with Support through Support, for our forums here do not provide Game Support.
This discussion has been closed.