test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what about Sylph...?

barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
Still 50% cc resist? Way to OP, especially for some classes who can be cc imune half the time.
Also paying 60$ for outdated pack with ugly mount just to get one companion seems crazy o_O. At least consider adding it to zen market if its active power stay as it is now.
Post edited by barq3t on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just got a Will-O-Wisp since it got put on sale conveniently just before module 3 and asked in the sale thread if they ever intend on putting the Sylph into the cash shop in future , hopefully they will reply .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I just got a Will-O-Wisp since it got put on sale conveniently just before module 3 and asked in the sale thread if they ever intend on putting the Sylph into the cash shop in future , hopefully they will reply .

I'd rather they didn't. Would be a massive f you to the ones that did geet it (not me). Unless they differentiated it or have a different companion with control resist. Either way I don't really see open world pvp being balanced.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nothing outdated about that pack. I still claim the Sylph on my new characters. It's a good Companion.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I'd rather they didn't. Would be a massive f you to the ones that did geet it (not me).

How? Its not like they would give sylphs for free. Also following your thinking its gonna be massive F U to people who bought different packs, even more expensive one: "thanks for buying 200$ pack but we decided to put best companion power into another, so now you have to give us 60$ more to stay competitive ! Thanks!"
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Either way I don't really see open world pvp being balanced.

Wait, does this mean our active companion bonuses will count in the new pvp zone? That would very much suck imo.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited May 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Wait, does this mean our active companion bonuses will count in the new pvp zone? That would very much suck imo.

Yes , companion active bonuses work in IWD open world pvp .
    edited May 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    How? Its not like they would give sylphs for free. Also following your thinking its gonna be massive F U to people who bought different packs, even more expensive one: "thanks for buying 200$ pack but we decided to put best companion power into another, so now you have to give us 60$ more to stay competitive ! Thanks!"

That's not what I'm saying at all. But when there was a new spider mount available. Some of the hero of the north buyers were outraged by it. Which is completely ridiculous since they look nothing alike. Also people complained about another unicorn mount being available in the zen store after they bought the fey pack. Haters gonna hate of course, but they still need some way to differentiate it. Exclusive content should be exclusive content but they can always add similar products.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    That's not what I'm saying at all. But when there was a new spider mount available. Some of the hero of the north buyers were outraged by it. Which is completely ridiculous since they look nothing alike. Also people complained about another unicorn mount being available in the zen store after they bought the fey pack. Haters gonna hate of course, but they still need some way to differentiate it. Exclusive content should be exclusive content but they can always add similar products.

Puting similar product would only work if u couldnt have both active at same time or theyll make cc resist cap at 100%.

Anyway if there was something similar to sylph planned in close future I guess we could see it on the preview server. So it looks like neverwinter gonna be officially p2w game, cuz making best stuff(companion) obtainable only by real money makes a game p2w:/
    edited May 2014
    Even without companions most people will get trashed by those with the best of gear anyway.
    edited May 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    Puting similar product would only work if u couldnt have both active at same time or theyll make cc resist cap at 100%.

Anyway if there was something similar to sylph planned in close future I guess we could see it on the preview server. So it looks like neverwinter gonna be officially p2w game, cuz making best stuff(companion) obtainable only by real money makes a game p2w:/

The Sylph is pretty much literally the only item I can think of that is fairly op that cannot be bought any other way (correct me if I'm wrong , I know other packs have exclusive pets but Sylph is unique in it's op-ness) , that's why I asked the developers if they intend on making either it or something with a similar active ability available to everyone , whatever they choose to reply I don't think a single item that can only be obtained using cash makes the game P2W ,like frishter says gear will probably play a bigger part in 'winning' than one single companion.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yes we are well aware of the opinions about the sylph being behind a cash wall however we will not entertain a pay to win discussion since that is against the forum rules of conduct.

this thread is closed.
This discussion has been closed.