test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Screenshoots

magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
edited May 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hey guys, where do i find the screenshots folder?
When i play beta was in the main game folder, but now its not there...
Post edited by magoguitarrista on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Locate your primary Neverwinter folder. In there should be a folder called Live. You may also have a folder called Preview or Test (depending on your system). If you took your screenshots while playing on the current Live server, then it will go into the screenshots folder located inside the LIVE folder. If you took screenshots while playing on preview, then they go into the screenshots folder located in Preview folder.

:)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Locate your primary Neverwinter folder. In there should be a folder called Live. You may also have a folder called Preview or Test (depending on your system). If you took your screenshots while playing on the current Live server, then it will go into the screenshots folder located inside the LIVE folder. If you took screenshots while playing on preview, then they go into the screenshots folder located in Preview folder.

:)

As I say, there is NO "screenshot" folder inside "C\file programs\perfectworld\neverwinter_en\live"
    And im pretty sure i took 10 photos today...
    any idea?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    As I say, there is NO "screenshot" folder inside "C\file programs\perfectworld\neverwinter_en\live"
    And im pretty sure i took 10 photos today...
    any idea?

For a short time there was a bug in the game client where screenshots where not being saved when using the PRNT-SCRN button.

Since I'm not there with you looking over your shoulder, there are a couple steps to attempt trouble-shooting with: The first may seem like a no-brainer, but really is important to double-check: you do have your num-lock set to on, right? (Hey, no offense to your intellect intended, we just need to step-though this).

The next step is to manually create that folder, all lower-case, no spaces: "screenshots" - without quotes.

Jump in-game, try taking a screenshot, then enter inspection mode (b key) and take another, then return to normal mode, take a third.
    Now type /screenshot into chat - you should see options appear for format (jpg, tiff, etc.) Choose one.

Exit the game - before you do anything else, open MS Paint and paste. Did you most recent screenshot appear there? (If no, then for some reason the game is not sending screen captures into RAM at all). If yes then next step: open folders to see if there are four picture files there.

If there are none, then the game is not sending screen captures to RAM (My next step?: delete and reinstall - if it's that important). If there are three files then the chat option isn;t working. If there is one file than the chat option works, but the PRNT-SCRN button isn;t working (check keyboard failure possibilities).

If you're willing to give it a go, you can try recording with Demo record and then playback to get a screenshot that way before going the whole reinstall route. Sorry I can;t help you more than this.

Best work-around if the problem can;t be solved is to do what most people do: use a screen-grab utility; go into Inspect mode and frame your shot, then use the screen-grab utility to capture the screen. Note that you'll have a "Neverwinter" watermark in the lower corner.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    For a short time there was a bug in the game client where screenshots where not being saved when using the PRNT-SCRN button.

Since I'm not there with you looking over your shoulder, there are a couple steps to attempt trouble-shooting with: The first may seem like a no-brainer, but really is important to double-check: you do have your num-lock set to on, right? (Hey, no offense to your intellect intended, we just need to step-though this).

The next step is to manually create that folder, all lower-case, no spaces: "screenshots" - without quotes.

Jump in-game, try taking a screenshot, then enter inspection mode (b key) and take another, then return to normal mode, take a third.
    Now type /screenshot into chat - you should see options appear for format (jpg, tiff, etc.) Choose one.

Exit the game - before you do anything else, open MS Paint and paste. Did you most recent screenshot appear there? (If no, then for some reason the game is not sending screen captures into RAM at all). If yes then next step: open folders to see if there are four picture files there.

If there are none, then the game is not sending screen captures to RAM (My next step?: delete and reinstall - if it's that important). If there are three files then the chat option isn;t working. If there is one file than the chat option works, but the PRNT-SCRN button isn;t working (check keyboard failure possibilities).

If you're willing to give it a go, you can try recording with Demo record and then playback to get a screenshot that way before going the whole reinstall route. Sorry I can;t help you more than this.

Best work-around if the problem can;t be solved is to do what most people do: use a screen-grab utility; go into Inspect mode and frame your shot, then use the screen-grab utility to capture the screen. Note that you'll have a "Neverwinter" watermark in the lower corner.
    OK, thanks for the useful response :P here is the problem:
    Print key is not working on game, but it works on all other games and applications, so the only way i can take a screen its tipping the chat command... :/
    I think its the game, i noted that when i try to minimize the game doesn't work to and the resolution go nuts... (I fix it making alt+enter and put in full screen again) i dont know if this is related, but im sure my client its not working as it should be...
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe I'm missing something here trying to read over this problem.

How I take screenshots is press PRTSCRN (print screen) button, press alt-enter to switch windows, open Microsoft Paint, paste with CTRL-V (or just Paste in the Edit menu), and then save the screenshot.

It's worked thus far.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    edited May 2014

How I take screenshots is press PRTSCRN (print screen) button, press alt-enter to switch windows, open Microsoft Paint, paste with CTRL-V (or just Paste in the Edit menu), and then save the screenshot.

It's worked thus far.

The PRNT SCRN button is supposed to do both: save a file to screenshots folder *and* copy to clipboard. As long as it does one of those, then at least you have a screenshot. :)

@OP There was a bug with one of the patches that caused the auto-save file to stop working. But that has since started working for me again, it may be still bugged on your system.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

It's worked thus far.

Yeah sure, it would by nice to be in a dungeon, hey mad dragon stay quite a littlebite im taking a pic and i have to paste it in some programe and then save it...
    So unuseful..., the print key supossed to take and automaticly save that pic into the NW live folder...
    But, im not going to die without that... so if i have to reinstall (and thats probably the solution) im not going to do it...
    I will try the repair option offer in the launcher but thats all...
    Thanks you 2 for answer me, bye!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If printscreen isn't working like it's supposed to, then rebind it:

/bind sysreq "screenshot_jpg"

If you want to use another key, (say 9 on the number pad), and if you wanted to include the GUI, use:

/bind numpad9 "screenshot_ui_jpg"

*NOTE - You may not need to include all the underscores in the commands.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums