test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 3: The Ghost Killers of Icewind Dale

trollcon1trollcon1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Rejoice my shadowy brothers and sisters. With the changes to PotB/ no dreaded change to perm builds and a little over a week left before the module lands. We have now regained our RIGHTFUL title as gods of pvp. Let's enjoy it until they nerf us in a couple of months.
Post edited by trollcon1 on

Comments

• sasoras313sasoras313 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nice name...... .

Anyways i expect people to come flocking back to executioner if they use potb, since the Executioners feats help with potb crit.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's kind of a paradox. PotB is the combat TR weapon against permastealth, and while it makes you stronger, it also makes combat TR somewhat stronger against you. But there are definitely some things you HAVE TO consider.

Bug:
    Ioun Stone is visible to other players even when you are in stealth. This effectively kills permastealth in Module 3: The Ghost Killers of Icewind Dale. They can see you. When dueling my friends on preview as a perma, I need to dismiss my ioun stone and lose about 3K of its buffs. What if my enemy wasn't very FRIENDLY and God forbids they use their Ioun Stone? :(

Black Ice Gear:
    The new BiS equipment has new enchantment slots and no additional stealth duration bonus. The mechanic isn't written in stone in my memory, but the short of it is, you can increase your stats so drastically high by Black Ice. I've seen this boost gearscore up to 20K on a GWF.

If you put two and two together, Perma TR is already behind by about 5K worth of buffs and GS. I don't think they need to nerf stealth at all. With these changes, they've already KILLED The Ghost Killers of Icewind Dale before the battle even started. :(
  • schandi23schandi23 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Scoundrel Set overall:
    Power +1162
    Arp +1162
    Defense +657
    Deflection +549
    Life Steal +549
    Tenacity +766

Set
    2: Crit + 463
    4: Stealth 30% longer 7,5% more dmg while stealth

Purified
    Power + 496
    Arp +248
    Defense +1492
    Deflection +834
    Life Steal +652
    Tenacity + 451
    Hit Points +4150

+ 2 new slots for entchantments

Set:
    2er: Stamina gain
    4er: Chance to proc a shield withe the possiblity to heal u

Corrupted
    Power +829
    Arp +326
    Defense +657
    Deflection +633
    Tenacity +451
    Recovery + 1160
    Regeneration + 496
    Crit +652

Set
    2: Chance to dealing 2500 blackice dmg to enemy near by (against full black ice gear dmg -42%)
    4: Chance to stack power
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Permas will stay with Profound gear. Combat TRs will most likely upgrade to Black Ice. I run a version of Rustlord's reflect build and that Purified set looks mighty interesting.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the information schandi23!!
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • mattrebmattreb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    @schandi23 thanks!

im perma stealth, and i dont think im gonna change set... other build will benefit from this new set, but not that much to make me change :)
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i wish the defense stat on that purified set was swapped with deflect. even with harsher diminishing returns, 1400 deflect is more valuable than 1400 defense.

other issue is that both black ice sets seem to sacrifice every offensive stat except recovery on the corrupted set
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    even combat trs cant use the stone its like having no stealth at all.
    so no point having one at all.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    schandi23 wrote: »
    Scoundrel Set overall:
    Power +1162
    Arp +1162
    Defense +657
    Deflection +549
    Life Steal +549
    Tenacity +766

Set
    2: Crit + 463
    4: Stealth 30% longer 7,5% more dmg while stealth

Purified
    Power + 496
    Arp +248
    Defense +1492
    Deflection +834
    Life Steal +652
    Tenacity + 451
    Hit Points +4150

Set:
    2er: Stamina gain
    4er: Chance to proc a shield withe the possiblity to heal u

Corrupted
    Power +829
    Arp +326
    Defense +657
    Deflection +633
    Tenacity +451
    Recovery + 1160
    Regeneration + 496
    Crit +652

Set
    2: Chance to dealing 2500 blackice dmg to enemy near by (against full black ice gear dmg -42%)
    4: Chance to stack power

Two new slots for enchantments? Ahem...what? Can anyone explain that to me? lol
  • dragmoshdragmosh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The chance to deal 2500 dmg to enemies the set 2 bonus for the weapons. The set 2 bonus for corrupted is 150 Action point gain. The set 4 bonus on purified looks very handy as the shield takes 800 damage, and refreshes every 3 seconds, for 15 seconds. If the shield wears off before taking 800 damage it heals you for 600. Coupled with ITC, this could heal you for more damage than you take, and if it procs and you go into stealth, you have a heal of 3k. I wonder what the proc rate on it is.

Anyone know what corrupted enchantment slots take?
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dragmosh wrote: »
    The chance to deal 2500 dmg to enemies the set 2 bonus for the weapons. The set 2 bonus for corrupted is 150 Action point gain. The set 4 bonus on purified looks very handy as the shield takes 800 damage, and refreshes every 3 seconds, for 15 seconds. If the shield wears off before taking 800 damage it heals you for 600. Coupled with ITC, this could heal you for more damage than you take, and if it procs and you go into stealth, you have a heal of 3k. I wonder what the proc rate on it is.
    Combine that with perfect barkshield and dread ring passive....
  • trollcon1trollcon1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I used my profound set and the stone even tho its visible and idgaf. I farmed inferior classes solo, against 4 people..... They saw my stone and tried chasing me so I just ran around the node during the pvp domination event thingie. PoTB does its job, just throw in some CoS, and an occasional DF with Perf Bile ticks and they die like flies. I can see our golden age coming. Realistically Cryptic is slow so they wont change ANYTHING about stealth for at least another 3 months, so let's just ride the wave. My only concern is that majority of people will reroll Perms and we will have less people to pray on or even worse people might start quitting the game until its balanced cause, well, let's be honest it's not fun to be slaughtered (*cough* post mod2 GWF situation*cough*).