test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interupted DF

barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
Ive been dueling many HRs lately with my TR and its just unbelievable how easily they can cancel our Duelists Flurry (when youre not perma). How is it posible that class with best mobility and so many dodges can also cancel your only viable damage source (which is also hardest skill to land in game)?

I remember it was not always like this, and Im not even sure if its intended now. If not pls fix it, and if its intended fix it too:)
Post edited by barq3t on

Comments

• godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I haven't noticed a difference. The mechanics aren't perfect. Moves like GWFs roar are very buggy with interrupts. It even interrupts ITC.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    might help if you explain how they are cancelling the DF. or at least describe what is happening.
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    hardest skill to land in game

pffft citation needed
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I guess that's their daily that costs them 50% of their AP. It's bugged thing...as well as the roots were once.

Guardian Fighter's lunging strike with tactician also cancels DF which is why I have it...it's fun to watch how the guys start the third hit of the DF combo, get interrupted by LS and then get kicked somewhere else.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I guess that's their daily that costs them 50% of their AP. It's bugged thing...as well as the roots were once.

Guardian Fighter's lunging strike with tactician also cancels DF which is why I have it...it's fun to watch how the guys start the third hit of the DF combo, get interrupted by LS and then get kicked somewhere else.

That daily only costs 25% of our AP and has a 10 sec cooldown. It's more like a 4th Encounter Power.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Roar on a Gwf also interrupts duelist flurry and pretty much can cancel anything even if in ITC, it also bugs threatening rush on enemy gwfs if they try spamming it at the same time you roar, (bugs as in, they do the animation but they cant hit anything with it for roughly 5 seconds"
    Don't waste my time.
    edited April 2014
    ITC, Unstoppable, and the final flurry of DF grant immunity to control effects. I don't see why anyone would think that it would also grant immunity to interrupts. Perhaps people are misinterpreting the term "control effects".
    edited April 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    ITC, Unstoppable, and the final flurry of DF grant immunity to control effects. I don't see why anyone would think that it would also grant immunity to interrupts. Perhaps people are misinterpreting the term "control effects".

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Crowd_Control

"Crowd Control is a term used to describe powers or effects that make their targets unable to use powers for a period of time."

"Effect types:

Combat Advantage - Gives a damage bonus, usually dependent on placement of players or enemies, but
    can also be granted by certain powers.
    Daze - Target is unable to use Daily or Encounter Powers. Movement and At-will attacks are unaffected.
    Knock - Causes the target to recoil, usually coupled with a prone effect.
    Immobilize - Roots the target in place. While under this effect, attacks and powers can still be used.
    Mitigation - Affected targets have an altered Damage Mitigation percentage. This change will make the target either more or less resistant to damage.
    Prone - Being knocked prone causes the target to fall to the ground. While prone, creatures cannot use abilities or move until they get back up.
    Push - Creatures will be quickly displaced from the effect's point of origin.
    Slow - Slowed targets have reduced movement speed.
    Stun - The target is incapacitated, and cannot move, attack, or use powers."

Seems like "interrupt" is no different than a stun despite having a different label. Technically based on this I suppose an interrupt is not considered a control effect seeing as it was not listed though. (Depending on how much value you want to put into wiki page information.)

Also, technically speaking the DF ability itself does not have within its description anything about any form of immunity on its third set of strikes. Therefore, you cannot assume that it is supposed to ignore any form of control or interrupt.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014

"Interrupt" is not a Crowd Control effect, nor is it a seperate effect by itself. It is simply a result of a Crowd Control effect. Your actions are interrupted due to being stunned, dazed, KD, KB, etc.. not because there is a seperate "interrupt" effect.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    edited April 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    "Interrupt" is not a Crowd Control effect, nor is it a seperate effect by itself. It is simply a result of a Crowd Control effect. Your actions are interrupted due to being stunned, dazed, KD, KB, etc.. not because there is a seperate "interrupt" effect.

That is what I was wondering about. Yet, moves like impact shot specifically label it as a "stun" effect. While moves like roar or dazing shot label it as "interrupt", which would imply that it is intended to be a separate effect on its own. (Despite having the same properties as a stun).

(Other moves like dazing strike will specific label "daze", ect.)
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    That is what I was wondering about. Yet, moves like impact shot specifically label it as a "stun" effect. While moves like roar or dazing shot label it as "interrupt", which would imply that it is intended to be a separate effect on its own. (Despite having the same properties as a stun).

(Other moves like dazing strike will specific label "daze", ect.)

Whisperknives have a paragon feat at the executioner tree called Determined Pursuit which states that the throw portion of Vengeance's Pursuit has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to interrupt the target. This is about the only power description in the entire game (to my knowledge) which mentions an interrupt as if it was a separate effect.

The problem is, this "interrupt", nobody has seen it happening. Ever. I've been the biggest protagonist for WK and VP for the last six months and I've never seen this happen. VP stops neither channeled powers, nor slow-activating powers (like Dazing Strike or Shox). It doesn't even stop PvE "red circles". Whatever this "interrupt" is, it is one of; (a) non-existent, (b) not working properly, or (c) the effect itself is so useless in general that nobody notices it happening.

In case of GWF Roar the description is pretty vague. It mentions that it "interrupts and pushes back" someone.. and we're not sure if the description is (literally) just describing what happens as someone gets hit by roar, or if it is specifically mentioning that it has two different effects in works (interrupt + pushback). My guess is the former, since Impact Shot tends to "interrupt" certain actions as a byproduct of the pushback effect as it cancels certain action animation and forcibly returns the victim to the default posture, which effectively hinders the use of some powers with long activation times. In this case the interrupt clearly comes as a result of the pushback -- Roar is the same.

Other than these two I don't recall if any of the powers have the word "interrupt" on it.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • tluceantlucean Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Disruptive shot is an interrupt, too.
  • rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    All "Daze" powers, since beta, seem to interrupt during Control Immune effects. The effect varies based on the skill used. For instance, Roar will have you repeat the same animation for 2-3 seconds before you can actually use a power.

Dazes include, but aren't limited to : Disruptive Shot, Roar, Dazing Strike, Shadow Strike, Oppressive Force* ... I feel like I'm forgetting some.

Whether this is intended or not, I have no idea. The only power I know it's intented on is Courage Breaker, since it says so in the skill description.

* - (I'm not quite sure on this one)
  • tluceantlucean Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You might confuse things.
    A daze always interrupts, but is a control effect and thereby should not work during control immunity.*
    Interrupts by themselves are independant of dazes, no control effect and should work during control immunity.

Disruptive Shot is the prime example, since it is an interrupt that can also daze (when you put more points into it) - 2 effects!
    The interrupt portion should always apply, the daze on the other hand often gets me an "immune" on many mobs.

*There could be abilities that can't be interrupted, so that there is a distinction between different kinds of immunities.
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Threads like this make me nervous as an avid HR player.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Stuns, stun if there is no anti cc active on the target and if it happens to be in a move it cancels out the move and "immobilizes" for a short period of time. An interrupt... well it interrupts casting animations of any kind, that's what it does. However it does not immobilize and the target can still move.

Interrupts are nothing alike stuns, they even have a different effect icon, a big --> "!"

• barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    pffft citation needed

Please name 1 more difficult skill to land, which need 2-3 sec to activate, during which you must stand next to enemy, while you can be easily kicked/stuned/interupted, while enemy can easily dodge or just walk away, and add to this need of perfect timing of jumps between 3 phases. Oh and its either you sucess and do some damage or you dont and you do sh**t beacuse its pratically only source of tr dmg since our encounters are worthless.
    edited April 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    Please name 1 more difficult skill to land, which need 2-3 sec to activate, during which you must stand next to enemy, while you can be easily kicked/stuned/interupted, while enemy can easily dodge or just walk away, and add to this need of perfect timing of jumps between 3 phases. Oh and its either you sucess and do some damage or you dont and you do sh**t beacuse its pratically only source of tr dmg since our encounters are worthless.

How about every other multiple-strike, melee at-will in the game that doesn't latch on like DF (Cleave, Sure Strike, even Sly Flurry)? How about Aimed shot? Rain of Arrows? Shard in Spell Mastery? I could go on...

I barely play TR but I got pretty good at jumping DF in PvP in the first few minutes, it's not that hard considering how often you are immune and invisible. And for how difficult it is, it surely pays off since it's easily the best melee at-will for PvP in the game, better even than most encounters.