test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Test server crashes at loading screen.

lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
Hi. I can play the game, but just can't get into the test shard... After loading is done with CRYPTIC all over screen, next at "Neverwinter" fiery screen it crashes within a few seconds and shows an error.

I copied/registered my character about two weeks ago. I tried running in Safe Mode. I Force Verified both Neverwinter and NeverwinterPreview... Still the same problem persists with the preview. I spoke to devs about it, they encouraged me to post here. The thing is, that I'm a bit scared that I won't be able to play in Module 3...

The error is as follows:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 12 0x16057b40 GetData = = 0x887a0005 0 NF 419
D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET 0x887a0007

My stuff is:

1) A laptop: DELL Latitude E6410
2) Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, 64-bit
3) DirectX 11.0
4) Nvidia 332.76
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is this the very first time you have tried to log onto the test shard? if it is then you might need to alter your graphic settings before you try to log into the game , they have done a full overhaul of the graphic settings for module 3 so that could be what is causing your problem , try turning everything down fully then when you get into the game turn it all back up to a level you are happy with.

EDIT - This seems to be a common problem , check out this thread on the star trek forums for more ideas http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938221&page=2
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Wow, thanks! I'll try switching to DirectX 9 first, and see what happens...
  • lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Is this the very first time you have tried to log onto the test shard? if it is then you might need to alter your graphic settings before you try to log into the game , they have done a full overhaul of the graphic settings for module 3 so that could be what is causing your problem , try turning everything down fully then when you get into the game turn it all back up to a level you are happy with.

EDIT - This seems to be a common problem , check out this thread on the star trek forums for more ideas http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938221&page=2

Just switching to DirectX 9 worked... but now I'm stuck at this, what do I do D:

PEpBWhL.jpg
    edited April 2014
    >.> LOL Running in Safe Mode and NOT maximizing window seemed to work even with DirectX 11...
    But I can't Alt+Tab, it restores game down and it just hangs in top left corner without an option to maximize it...

Also set Lighting Quality to High D: Too awesome!