test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shocking Execution, Soulforged and Stamina - working as intended?

proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
After you Shocking Execution targets and their Soulforged armor enchant procs, they:

- take a LONG time to get off the ground. Way more than from a prone. WAI?
- are left without any Stamina whatsoever, this means they are sitting ducks for the TR to finish. WAI?
Post edited by proneification on

Comments

• Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well it pretty much IS an excecution shot hehe, your best bet is to bcrs when u get revived so you have a *cough* very small *cough* chance to survive
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    well it pretty much IS an excecution shot hehe, your best bet is to bcrs when u get revived so you have a *cough* very small *cough* chance to survive

You cannot justify such peculiar behavior by the fact that the title of the daily has "execution" in it.

What I described is quite strange and doesn't strike me as intended. Why would my stamina bar disappear just cause I got Shocking?

As for the BCRS thing, most people stopped using it after the introduction of Tenacity... there are more viable artifacts out there. But you're right, in this very particular case, BCRS would give you most chances to survive (still very slim though).
  • Options
    velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    - are left without any Stamina whatsoever, this means they are sitting ducks for the TR to finish. WAI?

Yep, because the system registers it as a death.

Other issues: I have an encounter that makes me immune to damage for 2 seconds (Exaltation), and SE completely ignores this.
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    velynna wrote: »

Other issues: I have an encounter that makes me immune to damage for 2 seconds (Exaltation), and SE completely ignores this.

I heard about the Shocking Execution issue, but it was about it massive damage, no matter the target's hp, as well as ignoring Armor Pen and Soulforged.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    velynna wrote: »

it's not that your skill makes u damage immune but it temporarily increases your resist to 100% which technically makes u immune. shocking just ignores defense/resist altogether which is how your skill works.
  • Options
    velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    it's not that your skill makes u damage immune but it temporarily increases your resist to 100% which technically makes u immune. shocking just ignores defense/resist altogether which is how your skill works.

That may be what the skill is doing, but the tooltip says "immune to damage." SE is damage. Exaltation should make a person immune to SE. Otherwise, the tooltip should be re-worded, because it's not operating as written.
  • Options
    dragmoshdragmosh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014

This exactly. It's the same reason why you can't deflect an SE, and why SE goes through ITC.
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've noticed these things as well from being the victim of SE. I figure it as a way to solidify SE as an extra powerful way of killing someone, like how you also cannot be helped up after an SE death.

PS. Seems like the Exaltation v SE is a discussion of what should happen when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force. One is an immunity that ignores damage, the other is a damage that ignores immunity. I think the devs have made it pretty clear which one wins this tiebreaker though.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2014
    Just like when you crack somone over the head with AoD and you hear that Ding!!! There is no revival to be had , back to the spawn you go lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.
  • Options
    sasoras313sasoras313 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    delete this
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Just like when you crack somone over the head with AoD and you hear that Ding!!! There is no revival to be had , back to the spawn you go lol.

Just like it, except for being completely different. AoD doesn't ignore all immunities and tenacity. SE is totally bugaliciously broken, AoD is puny in comparison. Those who have a GF and a TR will be more than aware that the difference is day and night.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Just like it, except for being completely different. AoD doesn't ignore all immunities and tenacity. SE is totally bugaliciously broken, AoD is puny in comparison. Those who have a GF and a TR will be more than aware that the difference is day and night.

isn't AoD an encounter? an encounter being equal to a daily is just silly
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SE is not bugged or broken. It's more-or-less WAI. It'll get an adjustment to base damage and HP scaling but that's it. The basic principle (ignores all mitigation, can't be dodged) isn't being touched. Because it's meant to be that way.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    SE is not bugged or broken. It's more-or-less WAI. It'll get an adjustment to base damage and HP scaling but that's it. The basic principle (ignores all mitigation, can't be dodged) isn't being touched. Because it's meant to be that way.

Many things are "WAI" until people recant and admit that they are stupid and broken. It's like geocentrism all over again.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Many things are "WAI" until people recant and admit that they are stupid and broken. It's like geocentrism all over again.
    If your yardstick for measuring a DPS class daily is a Tank class Encounter then I'm sure that many things look stupid and broken. But still...

At the moment the devs are happy with the underlying mechanism of SE. Better?:)
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if i can chose from having legendary emblem or SE i would go emblem every time. its way more op then SE WILL EVER BE
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    if i can chose from having legendary emblem or SE i would go emblem every time. its way more op then SE WILL EVER BE
    Was. In Mod 3 the emblem is pretty much worthless.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hello?

Please keep on topic.

This is not about if SE is OP or not, or if it ignores immunities and so on.

This is simply about the very significant annoyance that it makes Souforged very much obsolete by:

- proning the receiver for a long while
    - taking away all their stamina so they are sitting ducks
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Probably time to report this as a bug, just in case.

I wish these forums had more developer contribution in them. Such a topic would be a good example why developers need to post and explain which behavior is WAI and which not, since there are so many strange mechanics in the game.