test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchantment Farmers

nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Dear PWE,
I can not prove that the Rogues wearing level 20 gear standing around the map's exit in Mount Hotenow are bots. I really can not.
But considering that there is a R5 enchant as reward from a quest makes me think that the issue could be solved by changing the reward.

And, please, do not ask me to "report them". There are way to many to report, across all instances. I guess more than half the population of Mount Hotenow are bots, 47% are monsters, 1% NPCs and 2% active players.

For the love of this game, please look into this.

I am sure there are other areas around with the same problem, maybe some players can provide more information.

Thank you for hearing me out.
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
Post edited by nameexpired on

Comments

• Options
    mattrebmattreb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this game has so many huge problems that can be addressed in the shortest time, that im wondering if the real problem here isn't just the feedback system... </OT>
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One indication if this really is a problem would be to check the prices of R5s on the AH. Has there been a substantial change lately?
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dear PWE,
    I can not prove that the Rogues wearing level 20 gear standing around the map's exit in Mount Hotenow are bots. I really can not.
    But considering that there is a R5 enchant as reward from a quest makes me think that the issue could be solved by changing the reward.

And, please, do not ask me to "report them". There are way to many to report, across all instances. I guess more than half the population of Mount Hotenow are bots, 47% are monsters, 1% NPCs and 2% active players.

For the love of this game, please look into this.

I am sure there are other areas around with the same problem, maybe some players can provide more information.

Thank you for hearing me out.

They aren't just at the entrance to Mount Hotenow. They are also at the entrance to Rothe Valley. Surprise surprise.

Although all they seem to do is just transport in and out of the zone. I am unsure of what they are really doing. If they are botting, is it so automated that the character doesn't even move? Just transports in, runs a macro, transports out with enchants? Don't quite understand how all this works.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The fact that these farmers can get hold of all kinds of R5, including runestones, really puzzles me. There are no quests that gives out R5 runestones as reward. And of course, we're not allowed to discuss how they do it, just accept the fact that most people are happy there are these farmers around, to provide cheaper enchants for the community.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How hard would it be to have a GM stand outside of spawn for Sharandar and watch for this?

Ban every single one of them. Sharandar is so annoying now because all these rogues (all blue armor, no enchantments, apprentice healer companion) spam the zone with "I've got one word for you. Leeches!"

It's MASS farming, and nobody has done anything about it.

Look at the sheer number of them! And this is just in one instance!!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They are farming ember shards in Hotenow, not rank 5's. A hellfire armor goes for 200k+ AD and if you check the shard seller's names... 1+1=2. If you stand in hotenow/rothe valley for a longer amount of time, one can see a real person collecting all the loot off of 50+ bots at some point and that person, should receive punishment because they are royally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the prices, to an extent where farming legitimately doesn't make much sense anymore.

• Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am not going to bother reporting something the staff should be aware of anyway. I see bots at Sharandar every day and its getting annoying. GMs need to just make random checks of Sharandar and other locations, they will almost always find the bots there.
    Also there are almost always 2 rogue bots on both teams in 50-59 pvp.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I doubt that this game even has ingame staff, aka. GM's. IP bans, are the way to go. And if the botters decide to change their IP's, just BAN THEM AGAIN, that's the way every other normal company would handle this sort of thing.

I have played different games, on private servers (they had a way lower budget than NW, i assume), in the past and even they banned botters because there were actual Gamemasters around to do the job. Even scripting macros for pvp should result in punishment, because that is the very essence of cheating.

• Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Makes you feel like a sucker for doing things legit
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It doesn't matter if you don't want to report them or think you shouldn't have to. If you post on this board, then you're bound by the Rules of Conduct, and those rules do not allow the discussion of wrongdoing. Period.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.