test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any chance for some love for unappreciated enchantments?

vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
This topic comes up every now and then, and I thought I'd throw it into the Preview forum on the off-chance that it might get some consideration for the upcoming Module.

At the very least it would be nice to see reduced cooldowns on the majority of armor enchantments (excepting Soulforged, obviously). 45 seconds would be reasonable for Negation, maybe 30 or 20 for the rest. Even Thunderhead, which has a decent little CC attached, deserves a significantly reduced cooldown considering that it deals ~230 damage at Perfect, stuns for about 2 seconds, and is a chance proc upon suffering a critical hit.

It's obvious that a full enchantment rework is not on the table for this Module, but small fixes would be nice. Honestly, the majority of weapon and armor enchantments have such a negligible impact on the game that you'd be hard-pressed to make them too good without completely overhauling their effects.
Sacrilege - Warlock
Contagion - Cleric
Testament - Wizard
Pestilence - Ranger
Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

Post edited by vorphied on

Comments

• masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited April 2014
    I agree. Almost all my enchants are plague fire and vorpal and bark shield and soulforged the others just dont seem to be worth the price or effort necessary to make them or buy them.

I had a flaming enchant but it didnt do anything besides very low extra damage on hit. If it had a burn dot I would have kept it for my hr to shoot fire arrows but since its just low solid damage I sold it and got a vorpal instead because the damage increase from the crit is just too good to pass up on not that im complaining :).
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll sign up to this , so sick of vorpal/soulforged .
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    /signed.

Suggestions:

Perfect Frost Enchant: Deal an additional 11% of weapon damage as cold, Targets struck by this enchant become marked. Marked targets have reduced MOVEMENT SPEED by 30% Lasts 4 seconds. Targets cannot become marked more than once every 10 seconds.

Perfect Frostburn Enchant: On receiving damage you have a 20% chance to deal frost damage to your attacker and reduce your foes MOVEMENT SPEED by 30%. Effect lasts 8 SECONDS - This effect can only happen once every 45 seconds.

Perfect FireBurst Enchant: When you receive damage chance to hurl fireball at attacker dealing AOE damage. Effect occurs once every 30 seconds.

Flaming Enchant: Remove the stacking cap. Bilethorn = more weapon damage overall with no cap but not a consistant DOT tick, allow flaming to compete slightly less damage more consistent dot ticks. Right now, nobody would choose flaming over Bile. Makes no sense.

Holy Avenger: Effect only activate once every 45 seconds.

Negation: Effect only activate once every 45 seconds.

Lifedrinker: Damage should get boosted to 11% at Perfect to compensate for added DR with tenacity. Healing should NOT be affected by Healing Depression either. Tenacity + healing depression made this worthless.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Agreed. Every single Dungeon or pvp premade, I see vorpal and soulforged
  • devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Barkshield can become useless very quickly depending on your combat situation. I think the bark recharge should be less than the current 8 seconds.