test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Domination 1v1

skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
Ever had a good fight going with another player, and then your teammate, or his teamate shows up on the node and just ruins your adrenilin rush :(

Now the purpose is to win, so I am not ragging on the adds, but most of the times I am like....man I wish I could have finished that, win or lose.
Post edited by skalt112 on

Comments

• Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the point of domination IS to win lol. but your right i hate having a pretty fun and intense 1v1 just to have a rogue come in cloak and stab him for like a 20k, take the kill and ruin the 1v1
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I regularly wreck 1v1's on my hr just to get the kill. The exception being if my team is roflstomping the other team, then I leave 1v1's totally alone.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    the point of domination IS to win lol. but your right i hate having a pretty fun and intense 1v1 just to have a rogue come in cloak and stab him for like a 20k, take the kill and ruin the 1v1

Yea , i have nothing against people gang banging. it's best. sometimes though ya just wonder how a fight would have turned out.
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    A GF does little damage while a target is above 25% health. Only with Anvil of Doom can he then do competitive damage. This also means a GF has to go more often after targets in low health, meaning, he needs to steal kills or he will simply not contribute much to the overall damage output of a team.

This is by design, but some players only hate it. I have seen players raging on the chat about team mates stealing "their" kills...
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited April 2014
    I love 1v1 as much as the next guy, and I know what you're saying op, but it's totally expected while the match is still going on. If the scores are close, I just want to kill the opponent asap so I can move on and be helpful elsewhere. If it's a blowout, on the other hand, then by all means go 1v1 and have a ball with hopefully no interruptions from either teammates.

I wish 1v1 is somehow implemented, but I doubt Cryptic will ever allow it due to the inevitable soon to follow river of tears.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's the problem? Just stay after the match :D
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    What's the problem? Just stay after the match :D

quote from the last preview patch notes :
    The final PvP scoreboard can no longer be closed after a match is finished and get players stuck in the map.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    quote from the last preview patch notes :

Aaaaw, well, now that's frustrating...

Well, they are going to add that pvp zone so no problem I guess
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Well it is a team game. This is quoted by many respectful PVP players lol.

I mean people would whine about getting ganked but if you don't wanna get ganked you can stay at spawn. Unless they run like 5 GWF and all leap into your spawn I don't think you can die in there lol.

Ultimately, who hasn't killed someone when it is clearly 2 v 1. It is not like you take the mercy to not kill someone anyway lol. So when the same thing happen the other way around no one should complain.

I do try to make 1 v 1 happen if both side seem agree to do so, but if I find it getting unfair in some way I would jump in and end the 1 v 1 in general.