test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Back after a break: Did Domination get even worse?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I am 100% certain it does not deal damage, as I have an HR that I exclusively PvP on. I have tested it with TRs (and HRs) in stealth to verify that it DOES NOT DO DAMAGE.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rittzbitz wrote: »
    I am 100% certain it does not deal damage, as I have an HR that I exclusively PvP on. I have tested it with TRs (and HRs) in stealth to verify that it DOES NOT DO DAMAGE.

Strange, because I see a TR go stealth on a node, I put TW in the middle of it, and a few seconds later I see them break stealth and with less HP. Mind posting a video?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I don't have software, I guess I should just triple check. I still don't think I'd use it if it did though, I'm terrible at it's melee form.

Tested again, no damage while in stealth.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Im a tr and it does damages on me while stealthed.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I made my first PvP match ever on my archer (still have the old PvP quests with 1, 2, 3 matches) and got set up against a fully premade from "critz happen".

I just love these algorithms!

It would be extremely nice if a software designer could explain to me how this can happen. I really would like to know! This was during PvP hour, so I expect that many were playing PvP.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    kuyabay wrote: »
    I've had someone in my pup pvp team with a 4K gs. End of match this person had 100 points, 17 deaths and 0 kills. Any competent (insert class) player with perfects/r9-10s is worth 3 of those 4K gs any day imho. I hate to be blunt but if you don't put in the effort to spec, gear, learn the in and outs of pvp, don't come on the forums and qq. It's posts like this that will nerf this game to a bland, flavorless boring game.

Sorry to rain on your parade but Preview offered a chance to test this theory, I had all rank 7's, 1 coal, 1 stack of peridots.

After 100 copies of my toon, I had full rank 10's and perfects, I believe I had 3 or 4 copies left full.

If you ARE right about a perfect's r9/10 players value, the game is unobtainable for a lot of people at the most competitive levels, simply because it now costs 40-50mil AD worth of stuff (including the upgrade enchants and coals) to get full r9/10's.

That's a hell of a lot of grinding, don't forget I had free rank 7's of same type each copy and a peridot stack (99).

Those perfect r9/10 teams still take me out at 14.5k GS, but at least I can rinse the odd one out of that bracket.

Way back when prayer pack coals (dropped lol) could be traded, people could upgrade quickly, they also had the opportunity of saving AD on refinement points just using the same enchant (it's 100k refinement points for a lesser nubcheddar enchant to be upgraded with another lesser nubcheddar enchant + greater mark of potency (100k) + coal (190-250k).

Rank 7 to Rank 10 is still 7 more rank 7's (245k at 35k each), 4 coals for rank 8's (800-1mil ad), 2 coals for rank 9's (400k-500k) and a coal for rank 10 (200k-250k) or 1.645mil refined AD before refinement points.

For perspective; 68.5 days of refine limit on RAD per rank 10 WITHOUT refinement points.

That's 1027.5 days of refine limit, WITHOUT refinement points for 15x rank 10 from "all rank 7's"

Add in the refinement points needed and it's a headache. 656640 refinement points from rank 7 to 1 rank 10. Taking Peridots at 500 refinement points and NO CRITICAL refinements (they don't) it's 656640AD for each, 9,849,600AD for 15x. Another 410 days of refinement limit.

In total, the refinement COST for 15 rank 10's, using peridots at 500AD each is 1437.9 days of refining the limit (719 days with 2 full characters) or 34.5mil refined AD.

It's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-blocked as it stands, I doubt there is a reason it will be changed. This is based on Rank 7's @ 35k, and they aren't all that price. It also excludes Armor and Weapon enchants @ 5mil for perfects - 44.5mil buying peridots at 500AD each and Rank 7's @ 35k and the perfect armor / weapon enchants from Auction at exactly 5mil each.

Then we have the Greater Mark of Potency need: 4*100k, 2*2*100k, 1*2*100k each Rank 10 at 1mil AD for the GMoP, x 15 for full rank 10's at 15mil on top (625 daily refine limit or 312.5 twin toon account refine limit).

That's 59.5 million AD from rank 7 to rank 10 x 15 and perfects @ 5mil each.

2480 days of refine limit (RAD). Nearly 7 years for a single toon without Auction sales, nearly 3.5 years for twin-toon accounts without auction sales.

Ofc, there is the Random Roll factor to apply to auction's, meaning there is somewhere in Neverwinter right now, someone who hopes to make it to full rank 10's with Auction sales, that is losing greed rolls most days.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Don't use C. Wards to upgrade normal enchantments, use P. Wards. Only use C. Wards to upgrade Weapon and Armor Enchantments.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Good advice
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    brobora wrote: »
    Good advice

If you're looking for other ways to make AD, check out this guide. It's actually very easy to get next to everything in this game free of charge.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    darwinsdog wrote: »
    At one point 3 of us were fighting just him. Not only did we all die, but we didn't even get the other guy below half HP.

While not impressed at all by how Cryptic handles pvp and pvp queues and balance, in this case I think that wanting the pvp strength of the players within a team to be perfectly distributed, would be asking for the impossible. If blue has one pvp beast (say a Sentinel) and four hopeless guys who are there just for the mandatory glory (say four Destroyers), while red has five decent-but-not-beastly players, then all in all the fight can be considered balanced and the issue will depend on how each team understands and handles the situation.