test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else reacts like this when facing Shocking Execution?

pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
When facing a fellow rogue in PVP. And the combat is intense, all my focus is on him, we're both at around 30-40% HP. Then I hear the shocking exeuction sound, and see the rogue leaping up in the air.... When I know that my Soulforged isn't charged, I just lay off my hands from the keyboard and mouse because I know I'll die haha. SE is literally death itself in PVP, deadly, undodgable. Once you hear the sound effect before the Rogue leaps up in the air. It's like the sound tells you "Hey, I'm death, you want some?" Then you know what happens next...

Anyone else reacts the same way perhaps?
Post edited by pandora1x on

Comments

• arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Depends on the class I'm playing.

GF: The only class that can avoid SE the easiest just by blocking
    GWF: Prone City before he finishes the skill
    CW: Pretty much any CC that can interrupt the TR
    DC: Sunburst from divinity or that angel/prone daily(name escapes me)'
    HR: Boar charge or constricting vines
    TR: Dazing Strike, Impact shot or the Whisper-knife prone daily.

Pretty much the only way, besides GF's shield, to counter SE is to CC the TR before he finishes. I have saved myself and numerous teammates by prone-locking TRs before they land the Daily.

EDIT: Which may be difficult for non-talented players because you have a very small time frame before the TR hits the ground.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • teleroguetelerogue Banned Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Yes, although I do not remove my hands from the mouse&keyboard. But when the rogue activates his Shocking Execution, I pretty much sigh because I know I'm dead. Plus I do not have Soulforged.

Accurate description of SE by the way
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    My suggestion would be don't let your soulforged go down, and you'll be fine :)
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well Shocking Execution should be a... shocking execution, right?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How dare you bring logic based on grammatical definitions to this conversation!?!!??

:cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Lol yeah no kidding.

Oh holy hell... a rogue can actually assassinate someone... how shocking.

Quick nerf it, the class is doing what it was designed to actually do.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    When facing a fellow rogue in PVP. And the combat is intense, all my focus is on him, we're both at around 30-40% HP. Then I hear the shocking exeuction sound, and see the rogue leaping up in the air.... When I know that my Soulforged isn't charged, I just lay off my hands from the keyboard and mouse because I know I'll die haha. SE is literally death itself in PVP, deadly, undodgable. Once you hear the sound effect before the Rogue leaps up in the air. It's like the sound tells you "Hey, I'm death, you want some?" Then you know what happens next...

Anyone else reacts the same way perhaps?

and then out of a sudden nothing happens...out of nowhere came an entangling force...
    (ok its rare but hey, its worthy experience which makes u smile)
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014

Case closed
  • rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Depends on the class I'm playing.

GF: The only class that can avoid SE the easiest just by blocking
    GWF: Prone City before he finishes the skill
    CW: Pretty much any CC that can interrupt the TR
    DC: Sunburst from divinity or that angel/prone daily(name escapes me)'
    HR: Boar charge or constricting vines
    TR: Dazing Strike, Impact shot or the Whisper-knife prone daily.

Pretty much the only way, besides GF's shield, to counter SE is to CC the TR before he finishes. I have saved myself and numerous teammates by prone-locking TRs before they land the Daily.

EDIT: Which may be difficult for non-talented players because you have a very small time frame before the TR hits the ground.
    And after the CC finishes? The TR still has his daily and unless you also had a burst, he's likely still alive.

I can't believe people actually defend this daily. I've been hit from full HP (maybe 95%) for 15k. That's absurd for an attack that CAN'T be mitigated or dodged, simply delayed.

It simply needs to be dodge-able with the animation slightly sped up. The nerf in base damage is welcomed, but NOT the right direction.

In a game that has some classes survival depend on their ability to dodge, all attacks should be dodge-able.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lol yeah no kidding.

Oh holy hell... a rogue can actually assassinate someone... how shocking.

Quick nerf it, the class is doing what it was designed to actually do.

And a Destroyer GWF should be able to destroy anything. Let's give him a daily power called "Destroy" that destroys anyone with one destructive destroyer destruction. With a name like "destroyer", the game specifications of the power must match its name!

(ps) I'll rename my TR to "Oneshot". I'm sure its not unreasonable to expect the developers to change the stats of my character so it is able to oneshot everything, because that's my name, right?

(ps2) ...and the way MI TRs do things, it's not really an execution. That's just a leaping strike. The power should be changed so it only activates when the enemy is CCd by someone or something, then we can push him down against a block of wood to chop his head off. Since TRs can't use an axe, this power will also only activate when a GWF is around. That's real execution.

So please change the power to "match its name". *snicker*
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    edited April 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    And a Destroyer GWF should be able to destroy anything. Let's give him a daily power called "Destroy" that destroys anyone with one destructive destroyer destruction. With a name like "destroyer", the game specifications of the power must match its name!

(ps) I'll rename my TR to "Oneshot". I'm sure its not unreasonable to expect the developers to change the stats of my character so it is able to oneshot everything, because that's my name, right?

(ps2) ...and the way MI TRs do things, it's not really an execution. That's just a leaping strike. The power should be changed so it only activates when the enemy is CCd by someone or something, then we can push him down against a block of wood to chop his head off. Since TRs can't use an axe, this power will also only activate when a GWF is around. That's real execution.

Honestly...

YES.

Have you ever played a real PvP game? No not this "wuss" play that's PvP here that gets nerfed into oblivion because someone actually dies.... I mean a real one... heck even the other PWI PvP is a hell of a lot more intense than this.

I swear to god everyone here want to stand across from each other doing 2 points of damage until finally someone dies after an hour. Its so bad here due to the Nerfs I won't even do it anymore
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I swear to god everyone here want to stand across from each other doing 2 points of damage until finally someone dies after an hour. Its so bad here due to the Nerfs I won't even do it anymore

I still deal lots and lots of damage on all my toons. One is a TR. His SE is unmitigated by Tenacity. I find it pretty dumb as all other damage is.
    edited April 2014
    I still deal lots and lots of damage on all my toons. One is a TR. His SE is unmitigated by Tenacity. I find it pretty dumb as all other damage is.

Oh really...

Ever played a game where everyone can insta kill everyone else?

How about one where say...

The Mage Class can AoE down 50 players and wipe out half your force in or two spells.

The Great Weapons Fighter equivalent has a 6 second invulnerability shield and can insta kill anyone with one technique once every 60 seconds.

The Healer Class can AoE Sleep a good 50 players in one shot, and can camp spawn points with it.

The Rogue class can easily one shot everyone and has an HP buff that gives him a good 100k health, that no one can take down when its active.

Yeah... I played one... and despite being a hell of a lot more deadly no one complained even NEAR as much as I see here.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Lmao 5 star post. lol'd so hard.

Aren't you the biggest WhisperKnife lover around here? (I am one too). Been WK since day 1.

But since this "Fix" for VP it kind of let me down... are you gonna re-spec back to MI for mod3? I might.... but Disheartening Strike is probably top 3 at-will of all the 6 classes (Yes serious). And I don't want to lose it... decisions decisions... There's also Hateful Knives, which is obviously not as OP as SE but it's the best gap-closer/coward chaser in the entire game.
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Oh really...

Ever played a game where everyone can insta kill everyone else?

How about one where say...

The Mage Class can AoE down 50 players and wipe out half your force in or two spells.

The Great Weapons Fighter equivalent has a 6 second invulnerability shield and can insta kill anyone with one technique once every 60 seconds.

The Healer Class can AoE Sleep a good 50 players in one shot, and can camp spawn points with it.

The Rogue class can easily one shot everyone and has an HP buff that gives him a good 100k health, that no one can take down when its active.

Yeah... I played one... and despite being a hell of a lot more deadly no one complained even NEAR as much as I see here.

This doesn't really make sense; also I'm not complaining, I used every broken mechanic this game had since tenebs enchants. I even rerolled from GF to CW to TR and GWF just to use broken OP mechanics.

I'm not complaining about SE; I use it everyday to great effect, and I extract a lot of satisfaction from executing people.

I'm just saying it's dumb.
    edited April 2014
    This doesn't really make sense; also I'm not complaining, I used every broken mechanic this game had since tenebs enchants. I even rerolled from GF to CW to TR and GWF just to use broken OP mechanics.

I'm not complaining about SE; I use it everyday to great effect, and I extract a lot of satisfaction from executing people.

I'm just saying it's dumb.

No they're not "broken" mechanics in that game.

It was called Jade Dynasty. Its been a couple years since I played it. But that was quite literally the strength of the classes.

They were intended that way.

It was a real PvP game that was actually deadly. Not a "oh poor me I actually died so that has to be nerfed" BS you see here. Because it wasn't "fair".

It was actually real deadly PvP.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe it will offend some if I say...I like rogues to have SE as it is. Can it be annoying? Yep, but to me, that's fine. I like having something to worry about. As I see it, when a match begins to smooth out SE simply becomes a resource that must be spent wisely. Since it's a team effort SE can add balance to a team effort. If the match is really unbalanced, well, doesn't really matter if SE exists at all.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just stop with the nerf summoning rituals please. Channel some stoicism.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Just stop with the nerf summoning rituals please. Channel some stoicism.

OP is OP regardless of numbers of nerfs received. No relevance.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bis trs have 30%crit chance and bilethorn.yeah thats crazy op se crit
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SE was nerfed pretty hard back then (60% base damage reduced). But even after nerfed, it was still darn good to deal with players with the damage immunity version of soulforge, especially senti GWFs. Since it was pretty much the only thing could finish them off, because the damage was scaled with target's hp, which means it could crit for 20-30k on targets with 20-30% hp left. However, it hit like wet noodles on targets with more than 50% hp.

After mod 2, for some reasons, SE damage seems not to scale with target's hp anymore or at least not correctly. There are many instances that my HR with 2.5k defense and aspect of lone wolf got instantly killed from 70% hp.

I am not sure this is a bug or a ninja buff but my fellow rogues...enjoy while it lasts. :D
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
    edited April 2014
    OP is OP regardless of numbers of nerfs received. No relevance
    OP is OP regardless of numbers of nerfs received. No relevance

Overpowered?
    You don't even want to know my opinion on it.

My opinion is that that rogue should be able to walk up stealthed and one shot you from full health and instantly kill you with it. I don't like the Perma Steath, that's kinda cheezy.

You sound like a PvEer who decided to "give PvP" a try and wants it to work the way it does there. But in REAL PvP games it doesn't work that way.

I also think the CW should be able to AoE down your entire party, I am Just fine with the Perma Prones of GWFs and GFs.

I don't think its overpowered at all, I personally think its underpowered for a PvP combat. Combat isn't supposed to be "fair" its supposed to be an actual fight where you can't afford to hesitate or have second chances. And yeah some people are stronger than you because their class is designed to be.

Its the Nerfs that have turned it into something not even worth playing anymore. This has got to be some of the WORST pvp I've ever seen.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not sure how people can deny it being OP. Either it should be dodgeable, or shouldn't ignore tenacity. Personally I'm semi trying to get my profound gear on my tr before they nerf it to reasonable levels. Alternatively they could just buff a lot of other things to bring everything up to the same level but that would be more work. That's not to say that I don't think TRs shouldn't be buffed in other areas, as long as perma stealth is nerfed that is.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    rittzbitz wrote: »
    And after the CC finishes? The TR still has his daily and unless you also had a burst, he's likely still alive.

I can't believe people actually defend this daily. I've been hit from full HP (maybe 95%) for 15k. That's absurd for an attack that CAN'T be mitigated or dodged, simply delayed.

It simply needs to be dodge-able with the animation slightly sped up. The nerf in base damage is welcomed, but NOT the right direction.

In a game that has some classes survival depend on their ability to dodge, all attacks should be dodge-able.

Yeah like we can dodge all those gf/gwf kicks when were lying on the floor? How cool is that after frontline surge we can dodge knockdown and BRUTAL Indomitable battle strike... oh wait we cant rotfl :D
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The way i see it rigth now .

I am k with SE if not perma tr do with it 25-30 k dmg.
    I like the old executoner TRs the have a special role in pvp and pve to eliminate the big guy in pvp : DC GF GWF ,in pve all big immune to cc adds.
    To understand the perma tr i maked one. After i get the grim set with my 78 % daly gain i killed any one even 18-19 k gs players(not just GF GWF CW HR TR DC too ) this is not rigth. You need only to stack some power and recovery you dont need any armor pen or crit.
    So i feel different i think the old exe path deserved the SE dmg . But the new fancy perma shoud not have it .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    Yeah like we can dodge all those gf/gwf kicks when were lying on the floor? How cool is that after frontline surge we can dodge knockdown and BRUTAL Indomitable battle strike... oh wait we cant rotfl :D
    You can dodge the initial attack that proned you in the first place.

Seriously, you can use this daily in stealth, RANGED, and gain 30% more severity while feated. Makes it pretty hard to get CC'd if you aren't visible. You can also use it during ITC and not get interrupted. Wow, who'da thunk it?

On my previous post, the only class that doesn't help is GWFs, and thinking about it, maybe allowing the DR form unstoppable to mitigate it. Perhaps half the value of the DR gained, since it's based on determination levels. There would then be another aspect of timing that both parties must take into account.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I have good news for u guys who like SE as it is now!

The new cleric class artifact: When used you gain 100% action points in 15sec.

Enjoy getting double dailied from a tr :D
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    I have good news for u guys who like SE as it is now!

The new cleric class artifact: When used you gain 100% action points in 15sec.

Enjoy getting double dailied from a tr :D

Haha, dayum. Should make things interesting.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Yeah if you get SE when you are at 30-40% it is pretty much gurantee death...

I can kill people from 60% HP if I crit my SE. That is how OP it is lol. It is just too much for a daily that is undodgeable/ignore all kind of resist/works with debuff/can be casted under stealth.....

I gonna do nothing but spam SE when open world PVP comes lol, can't wait to see all the rage.
    edited April 2014
    Yeah if you get SE when you are at 30-40% it is pretty much gurantee death...

I can kill people from 60% HP if I crit my SE. That is how OP it is lol. It is just too much for a daily that is undodgeable/ignore all kind of resist/works with debuff/can be casted under stealth.....

I gonna do nothing but spam SE when open world PVP comes lol, can't wait to see all the rage.

And how exactly are you going to "spam" a Daily? Huh?

Right...

OMG Someone could actually *shock* *boggle* die in PvP!!!

The real question you should be asking yourself isn't whether to nerf it. It's asking why in the hell everyone else's dailys aren't able to kill people being they are "supposedly" the major build up to a big kahuna of techniques...

Or is it that you just want them all to be a pop gun so they don't "hurt" too bad.

And where exactly did you get this idea that there's Open World PvP in IWD?

There never was and isn't going to be despite the "advertising". You still have to go flag yourself for it before it can even be done, and then its only temporary.