test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion, Seals in some Dungeon chests

tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I would love to see a small amount of seals being placed in some of the out of the way chests, or the chests that are being guarded by mini bosses.

Currently when going through MC there is a whole other wing to the dungeon that no one explores because there is little incentive to retrieve the current nodes and chests that are located in the zone. I think adding one or 2 seals to these chests would reward groups that are not there just to B-line it straight to each boss.
Post edited by tundrrabloom on

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    The thing is, lack of policing of botters have accelerated the inflation of enchants, gold and crafting resources normally found in chests. They are practically pennies now.

I think the seals could be a good idea of making chests a bit more valuable again
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    It's not botters that make going thru that wing worthless, it's the players themselves. All most of them want is the purple loot at the the end, everything else is a "waste of time". Most players care not one whit about how the dungeon looks, or it's layout. They would much prefer just a black screen with the chest at one end, and two or three bosses in between them and it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +1, I think it's a good idea to have more variety on the dungeons, instead of just doing the same path over and over... but they should be guarded by mini bosses
  • Options
    tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    +1, I think it's a good idea to have more variety on the dungeons, instead of just doing the same path over and over... but they should be guarded by mini bosses

The completing adventure party is a good example of a chest that could use 1 or 2 seals.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would love to see a small amount of seals being placed in some of the out of the way chests, or the chests that are being guarded by mini bosses.

Currently when going through MC there is a whole other wing to the dungeon that no one explores because there is little incentive to retrieve the current nodes and chests that are located in the zone. I think adding one or 2 seals to these chests would reward groups that are not there just to B-line it straight to each boss.

I would have to agree with this.

When you don't gain any EXP anymore because your level is capped, and you don't need anything in the chests because... well no one crafts except as a hobby since its kinda poor and you don't get much out of it. And all your Enchants are as high as they can go.

There's really just nothing left that makes people bother with them.

So yeah entire wings of dungeons go unused. MC is one of them, but one that has even more secret wings and locations is actually Castle Never. There's a ton of secret doors to hidden areas in there, but... because the above is true, no one ever sees them, and those that know about them don't want to bother with going into them.

In IWD your experience bar can fill again and you gain another Skill Point when it fills up. So you're back to basically leveling your skillpoints again. But even that would be temporary until you cap those again.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice idea, but considering most of the chests bug out more sooner than later ... rather FIX the bugged chests!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is no different then any other mmo..

Ive seen plenty of vastly designed dungeon with wing themes , most people skip everything they can and usually with good reason.

I did see a unique mechanic in another mmo that made you do complete sweeps of the wing dungeons for your class abilities, so you did titfortat swapping (ill go your DD, if you do mine ect) The most annoying was one of the hardest DDs was for a couple of classes and no one wanted to run it, the only reason to was for those couple of classes unique abilities, but they were a pain and when they were on level was as hard as raids..

Also seem some ridiculous non winged theme dungeons you couldnt skip and some of these were the most painful experinces ever.. even with no wipes like 2-3 hour affairs, you ran them once , then went back grinding the more time efficient ones. No one wants to spend 3 hours straight in one DD.. I certainly dont anyways. One of the reasons I DO like neverwinter is no raids, I enjoyed them for awhile, but doing them for year upon year 2-3 or more hours (even some 6 hour affairs!) its just too much playing content at one time)
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A few thoughts/ suggestions:

1) The experience gained is going to give more rewards in module 3 rather than be wasted.
    2) You can get more seals by playing Sword Coast Adventures already.
    3) Future dungeons might be made with a strict "one way path" for some of them.
    4) Alternatively, perhaps when players get into a group they agree to go explore every side room rather than straight run. Add that into your LFG message.
    5) Random drop a seal with monsters, but make it a RARE drop. Thay way you MIGHT get another seal in a dungeon, but it shouldn't flood the player base with them if they have leveling bots. Seal goes according to dungeon/ area difficulty.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    using seals in chests might get people to play the dungeons completely. But there's a better way I think. Just put bosses there that guard/drop items required to proceed to (or make things easier for) the next part of the dungeon. Keys, maps, buffs whatever. Most dungeons need a redesign anyway, might as well do it properly.

I differ in put bosses that guard/drop items required to proceed because then that would make the dungeons monotone as now, I would prefer to put bosses with rare seal drops and chests with rare enchantments shard drops or whatever, so there would be parties that just run straight to the bosses, and other that go to every single corner.