test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In search of a good current pve build.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Library
Hi, given the upcoming HR nerf, I've betrayed my poor main toon, and rolled a CW.

Looking through the builds in the stickie I'm seeing lots of options, but don't know how many have been nerfed since they were posted. Can some helpful soul point me in the direction of a decent dps pve build that's current, or even better has an eye on the new module..?

Having spent a tonne on my pvp HR, I'm looking for CW build that gives reasonable utility at the rank 7 enchant, with lesser weapon/armor enchant, range - without shelling out real cash on anything much. I'm not looking to be god, just someone to travel the epic pve content with and not embarrass myself.

Thanks in advance.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is what I used. It's not a build but a guild on how to build. Most of it is still relevant though there have been some changes.

My 2 cents. As a Renegade (assuming you're going Spellstorm), you'll want high INT and CHA. You want the Class Features Storm Spell and Eye of the Storm. Dailies are Arcane Singularity, Oppressive Force and Ice Knife. At Wills are Magic Missile and Storm Pillar (for charging Action Points mostly) though RoF isn't bad either. You'll have to waste some points on other Class Features and Ice Storm but should have enough points to get every Encounter power at rank 3.

Heroic Feat, First tier Weapon Mastery is important, then either more HP or more AP (both are good)
    Second Tier, Fight On is important. Wizard's Wrath is good. Don't bother with the threat one
    Third Tier, Arcane Enhancement is important.
    Fourth Tier, Learned Spellcaster for more damage. Focused Wizardry is good if you're a human and have the points for it.

Renegade Feats. Tier one, either one has it's points but neither is critical. I like Reaper's Touch more because I'm always in and around the fighting, not a distance.
    Tier two, Nightmare Wizardry. This is the big reason to go Rene IMO. Dont bother with the other as it only buffs a rather poor daily power
    Tier 3 Phantasmal Destruction to pair up with the second tier feat. The other one buffs Chilling Cloud, which you probably won't be using.
    Tier 4 Masterful Arcane Theft, if for no other reason to get the capstone and because I don't use Chilling Presence.
    Tier 5 Take the Capstone, it's not a huge deal but it can be nice.

Then I think I have Bitter Cold from the Oppressor tree and Malevolent Surge from Thaum.

Go for the Lantern as your first artifact. Upgrade to Epic for extra Combat Advantage damage.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks, I'll level up following your examples, and spare myself a respec. You're a gent.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    milenaelzmilenaelz Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Opting for a CW because of an incoming nerf to HR is not really a good choice. There has been a lot of cries to nerf CW and even one of the game system designer agrees that CW is OP. Expect a big nerf coming, maybe not during Mod3 but soon.

Back to topic :P You can give Stox's build a try as well.
    Lvl 70 Divine Oracle
    Lvl 70 Oathbound Paladin
    Lvl 60 Spellstorm Mage